“Great for families”

Ranked #9 of 46 Hotels in Cala d'Or
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great for families”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have just been for a week all inclusive at this Hotel and feel I have to say I was a bit disappointed with the way the all inclusive guests are treated. Firstly, you have to get your own drinks when eating in the main restaurants which I have never had to do in other all inclusive packages, usually the waiter take's your drink order and you got the bottled water, or drinks brought to our table.
So I found this a bit awkward going up to the bar area and getting only draught soft drinks, bottled is extra!
Jugs of water were all ready on the tables I felt all inclusive guests were treated a bit like the poor ones. I ordered a coffee at the pool side bar and got it in a paper cup! like you get from a machine but I saw a lady on the next table getting her coffee in a cup and saucer, when I asked why? the waiter said to me, the guest was not all inclusive.
The hotel room, pools were all very good and clean and we were given a quiet room over the smaller pool which was lovely Block 14 302.
The staff were nice but not to friendly, the choices of meals were ok if you loved salads, vegetables or pizza. I sadly counted 25 dishes of cold salad choices, including hot vegetarian meals and vegetables to go with the 4 meat/fish choices. Rabbit one night and Ox tail.
I think the hotel lets itself down by making guests get your own drinks all the time when eating, it would be nice to be served drinks even just for your evening meal. It reminded me of a canteen queuing for your drinks when it was the busy period.
Not a great experience for service to the customer but the reception staff were so lovely and helpful, I really think they are a credit to the Hotel. If you are going all inclusive, be prepared to be given water in a plastic cup out of a cooler they have, bottled water gets charged for.

Room Tip: Block 14, just around the smaller pool we had 302 and no-one was looking in at us. Fantastic balcony
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JAFINDLAY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Very service minded staff, Rebecca at the front desk is super and the night portiere is also fantastic. We had a issue with our rom, and they compensate us much moor than we expected. We talked to the general manager who couldn't do enough for us. They take their service very seriously.

Room Tip: Second floor or higher.
3 Thank Kman1969
Verdalsøra, Nord-Trondelag, Norway
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed at the Ferrera Blanca for one week from 19th to 26th of July 2014. I chose the hotel after reading all the good reviews, and I wasn't disappointed.

The hotel was clean, I liked the food and the staff was very friendly. The animation team did a great job for the children as well as the teens and adults. Special thanks to Juanma and Rafa. Only disappointment was that one of the female members of the team was too strict about age, leaving a boy aged 12yrs 8mths outside the teen (and combined teen/adult) activities. I guess joining the 7-8 year olds wasn't too interesting.

Standard of my room were good, beds a bit hard, but I slept well. The evening entertainment ended at 11.15pm and after that time it was quiet.

I had room 10-210, just downsides the road between the reception building and the restaurant building. Nothing too see from balcony, but that didn't matter. From many other rooms around you can see the pool areas or even all the way down to the beach.

Breakfast was mostly like standard Norwegian hotels I have been to. For lunch I went to the snackbar downstairs, where it is pizza and burgers during the lunch time 1pm to 3pm - and fruit and cakes all day long.

Dinner was buffet style, though there were theme days, like asian and mexican during my week. One day it was BBQ from the grill outside of the snack bar - besides the pool.

It seemed like the mini club cildren enjoyed the disco in the evening. Every second day it was bingo. Not as enjoying as the bingo on Rey Don Jaime in Santa Ponca, which I traveled to last year, but still nice to have a chance to win a bottle of champagne or some money.

Evening shows was ok. Best show of the week was definately the Elvis show. Not because he was the best Elvis I have seen, but the way he had the audience in his hands were fabouluos. The atmosphere was really great on the last night of my stay!

One thing wasn't that good at the hotel. The wifi was sometimes slow, even in the reception area. The internet PC's was even worse. Don't waste your money on them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kristian S
Dronfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Before going on this holiday 1st - 15th July 2014 I read the reviews and talked to my neighbour who went last year. The reviews were amazing and I thought "it cant be that good"! But it was. It was absolutely amazing. The hotel is set in a lovely location close to Cala D'or centre. It is lovely and clean and cater for all your needs. The staff are all really friendly and always have a smile of their faces. There is nothing they wouldn't do for you. The hotel is spread out and only a couple of storeys high which makes it more appealing. Easy access to the beach. The food is always plentiful and a superb choice. There are themed evenings which are really good. There is an Italian restaurant too which you can go to anytime (best to book if more than 4/5 people. The hotel has 4 pools so you can choose where you want to be for a lovely holiday. No need to take beach towels you can hire them from reception and change them daily. However for us it was the Animation Team who made our holiday. Juanmas, Veronica, Andrei, Rafa & Alina were absolutely amazing. They never stopped to try and make everyone's holiday a memorable one. We enjoyed joining in with the activities during the daytime and watching the shows in the evenings. They worked so hard and were always smiling and happy. We will miss them so much and hope you get to meet them. We would certainly go back without hesitation and would recommend this hotel and ALL its staff very highly.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms away from the main pool and entertainment area.
6 Thank Margaret H
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned yesterday after staying for 7 nights all
Inclusive...

The animation team were excellent and even let my 3 year old little boy join in with most of the activities even though they're meant to be aged 4. My daughter who is 8 made loads of friends from joining in with the kids club activities and enjoyed every minute of our holiday.

I would definitely recommend catching the little train and getting dropped off at the marina, it was gorgeous to walk around. We also walked into the town which took about 15 mins, which has some lovely shops.

Some people mention about people putting towels down to reserve the sun beds...I've yet to visit a hotel abroad where this doesn't happen...we didn't find that we had to be up too early to reserve one!!

The beach was lovely but be aware of the jelly fish, loads of people got stung on the afternoon we went...which kind of put us off visiting it again!! Beach is a one minute walk from the hotel.

The hotel has 3 pools which had a
life guard at each, they weren't over crowded either which was nice.

The food was lovely with plenty of variety for everyone...we loved the themed nights, the Mexican night was our favourite. We didn't find that the food was repetitive there was something different every night!! Even our two fussy eaters found something each night that they liked...they even tried shark one night .

The rooms were nice and cleaned every day. The beds were comfortable and clean bedding was put on each day. The only negative thing I have to say is that the blanket on the children's beds didn't look very clean, but this is probably me being a little fussy as everything else was spotless.

All the staff in the hotel were friendly and they were all lovely with the children...especially the bar staff, who couldn't do enough for you.

We will definitely go back to this hotel, it's ideal for both families and couples. Thank you ferrera blanca for a fab memorable holiday!!

Stayed July 2014
8 Thank aimee c
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed at the Ferrera Blanca between 12th to 19th July had a great time, the hotel and staff where very good made us very welcome especially Rebecca on reception she went out of her way to help us we had booked a trip out and then realised that the pickup was not outside the hotel the problem being that my wife has serious Asthma and could not walk up to the next hotel when she was told this she then arranged for us to be taken to the pickup point thank you again Rebecca, also all the other staff where great form the cleaners to the animation team who tried there best to get everybody involved, the only bad thing I heard was from a couple of people who were staying around the main pool bar area they said it was a bit noisy as that is where they have the main entertainment on of a night but in the hotels defence everything was finished by 23.30hrs, we stayed in block 9 which was very quiet and very clean no complaints from us Thank You Ferrera Blanca and Rebecca you are FAB!!

Room Tip: Avoid the main pool bar area
3 Thank Brian D
Reviewed 24 July 2014

stayed for 1 week in s/c apartment,2 adults,2 teen kids, disappointed with size,small lounge with corner sofa/bed
self catering consisted of sink,microwave,2 ring cooker.fridge,toaster,kettle.4 plates,cups cutlery.!!!!
no storage in cupboards. not even a cloth or detergent,no worktop space,1 wardrobe for 4 people!!.bathroom ok.
asked to upgrade but this was the best!! not value for £900.
don't know about food as we self catered,but afternoon snacks were same everyday,chicken nuggets,sandwiches,salad,cake.,option to go All inc but they want 45eu p/per, p/day inc kids over 12!!!,
top bar 4eu for beer,bottom bar 3.40!!. not even a pint.but amazingly only 3.70 eu for a bottle of wine!!!! day games good,not sure about evening. resort is in 2 parts so you have to go to lower part across road to restaurant and other pool.so not good if you stay near back .
wont be back!