“ok, but...”

Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Cala d'Or
Oslo, Norway
“ok, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I would say there are as many good and bad things about this resort. I would have found more bads if I didn't have a 1 year old to care for and prioritize. It was good that the hotel gave us a room away from the main pool and stage, which is horribly noisy between 8 and 11 pm, and to some extent during the day too (loud music most of the day around the main pool). But we called a few days beforehand and ensured we would get a room away from the stage! It was also good that we managed to find a little area with grass and tree shadow next to a secondary more quiet pool, instead of rudely "reserving" sun chairs before sundown; otherwise no chance of getting a sun-chair after breakfast. The beach was relatively easy to reach and you could always find a little space for your towels, otherwise you would need to pay 12 euro for a sunbed. The beach is shared by 3 hotels and the shore is short but it didn't feel very crowded in the water, however on the sand it was packed with people. Not my favorite beach experience, but it was alright for a daily 30 minutes for a swim. Food was generally good with a wide choice, with the exception of a couple of lunches, so all-inclusive was alright; however, if we didn't have the baby to limit our movement, I would have regretted the all-inclusive, as there are plenty of restaurants in walking distance. Internet was very slow, but ok for the usual news surfing and email. Finally, the room was good, clean and air-conditioned (we had a suite with living room and bedroom) and with a nice large balcony. Overall, we managed to make our stay comfortable, but as a beach resort this property does not fit the bill. It's good for those who like loud activity around the pool and those who do not get easily embarrassed putting towels on the sun chairs in the middle of the night...

Room Tip: call well in advance (even twice) if you want a room away from the stage and main pool, especially i...
3 Thank Lucica_R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
middlesbrough
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

. On arriving at this very good hotel we where greeted by nice friendly reception staff and booked into our very large and very pleasant apartment. new sofas. flat screen tv, excellent bathroom with power shower hairdryer etc. The hotel has 3 swimming pools with brand new sun loungers (you do have to get up early for 1 like almost every hotels) The 2 restaurants on site provide excellent food with different themed foods each night and a excellent BBQ around the pool area 2 nights a week. All day snacks available from the very friendly bar and restaurant staff. We booked through booking.com with the silver band all inclusive upgrade this gets you branded drinks not the local drinks, the kids could have endless quality ice creams lollipops etc in my opinion well worth the upgrade from standard drinks and cheaper ice creams etc. This is a very clean hotel with excellent food and very friendly staff. Almost forgot to mention the excellent animation staff lead by Andrie providing entertainment all day long for all ages. A short walk out the rear of the hotel and down a big set of steps and you are onto the beach. It is approx 10mins walk through the bars and shops into Cala Dor with its excellent shops (as well as the rubbish ones) or you can get the road train that will take you as far as the beautiful marina. There are some really lovely restaurants in Cala Dor . To summarise you will have to go a long way to find a better family hotel for your money.

Room Tip: rooms away from the main pool stage area quieter
1 Thank tony h
Ballymena, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Really enjoyed all inclusive stay here. I would highly recommend. The staff are amazing and cant do enough for you. Very clean. The food was great- nice to have true all inclusive with snacks, ice cream and wide range of drinks and cocktails available all day. Entertainment was just OK. Will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank scorryuk
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This place is great, honestly if you want a relaxing holiday where the kids are entertained through the day and night you cant beat this place. The restaurant has different menus through the week, highly recommend the Mexican night, the Italian place is great and loverly food in the day and there is a choice of 4 pools. Local beers are nice, cocktails included in AI price and not far from the town centre. See you again soon

Room Tip: If you can go to the building opposite the main hotel, quieter if you have little ones that need an...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pubcrawler1980
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have just been for a week all inclusive at this Hotel and feel I have to say I was a bit disappointed with the way the all inclusive guests are treated. Firstly, you have to get your own drinks when eating in the main restaurants which I have never had to do in other all inclusive packages, usually the waiter take's your drink order and you got the bottled water, or drinks brought to our table.
So I found this a bit awkward going up to the bar area and getting only draught soft drinks, bottled is extra!
Jugs of water were all ready on the tables I felt all inclusive guests were treated a bit like the poor ones. I ordered a coffee at the pool side bar and got it in a paper cup! like you get from a machine but I saw a lady on the next table getting her coffee in a cup and saucer, when I asked why? the waiter said to me, the guest was not all inclusive.
The hotel room, pools were all very good and clean and we were given a quiet room over the smaller pool which was lovely Block 14 302.
The staff were nice but not to friendly, the choices of meals were ok if you loved salads, vegetables or pizza. I sadly counted 25 dishes of cold salad choices, including hot vegetarian meals and vegetables to go with the 4 meat/fish choices. Rabbit one night and Ox tail.
I think the hotel lets itself down by making guests get your own drinks all the time when eating, it would be nice to be served drinks even just for your evening meal. It reminded me of a canteen queuing for your drinks when it was the busy period.
Not a great experience for service to the customer but the reception staff were so lovely and helpful, I really think they are a credit to the Hotel. If you are going all inclusive, be prepared to be given water in a plastic cup out of a cooler they have, bottled water gets charged for.

Room Tip: Block 14, just around the smaller pool we had 302 and no-one was looking in at us. Fantastic balcony
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JAFINDLAY
Stavanger, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Very service minded staff, Rebecca at the front desk is super and the night portiere is also fantastic. We had a issue with our rom, and they compensate us much moor than we expected. We talked to the general manager who couldn't do enough for us. They take their service very seriously.

Room Tip: Second floor or higher.
3 Thank Kman1969
Verdalsøra, Nord-Trondelag, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed at the Ferrera Blanca for one week from 19th to 26th of July 2014. I chose the hotel after reading all the good reviews, and I wasn't disappointed.

The hotel was clean, I liked the food and the staff was very friendly. The animation team did a great job for the children as well as the teens and adults. Special thanks to Juanma and Rafa. Only disappointment was that one of the female members of the team was too strict about age, leaving a boy aged 12yrs 8mths outside the teen (and combined teen/adult) activities. I guess joining the 7-8 year olds wasn't too interesting.

Standard of my room were good, beds a bit hard, but I slept well. The evening entertainment ended at 11.15pm and after that time it was quiet.

I had room 10-210, just downsides the road between the reception building and the restaurant building. Nothing too see from balcony, but that didn't matter. From many other rooms around you can see the pool areas or even all the way down to the beach.

Breakfast was mostly like standard Norwegian hotels I have been to. For lunch I went to the snackbar downstairs, where it is pizza and burgers during the lunch time 1pm to 3pm - and fruit and cakes all day long.

Dinner was buffet style, though there were theme days, like asian and mexican during my week. One day it was BBQ from the grill outside of the snack bar - besides the pool.

It seemed like the mini club cildren enjoyed the disco in the evening. Every second day it was bingo. Not as enjoying as the bingo on Rey Don Jaime in Santa Ponca, which I traveled to last year, but still nice to have a chance to win a bottle of champagne or some money.

Evening shows was ok. Best show of the week was definately the Elvis show. Not because he was the best Elvis I have seen, but the way he had the audience in his hands were fabouluos. The atmosphere was really great on the last night of my stay!

One thing wasn't that good at the hotel. The wifi was sometimes slow, even in the reception area. The internet PC's was even worse. Don't waste your money on them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo