I would say there are as many good and bad things about this resort. I would have found more bads if I didn't have a 1 year old to care for and prioritize. It was good that the hotel gave us a room away from the main pool and stage, which is horribly noisy between 8 and 11 pm, and to some extent during the day too (loud music most of the day around the main pool). But we called a few days beforehand and ensured we would get a room away from the stage! It was also good that we managed to find a little area with grass and tree shadow next to a secondary more quiet pool, instead of rudely "reserving" sun chairs before sundown; otherwise no chance of getting a sun-chair after breakfast. The beach was relatively easy to reach and you could always find a little space for your towels, otherwise you would need to pay 12 euro for a sunbed. The beach is shared by 3 hotels and the shore is short but it didn't feel very crowded in the water, however on the sand it was packed with people. Not my favorite beach experience, but it was alright for a daily 30 minutes for a swim. Food was generally good with a wide choice, with the exception of a couple of lunches, so all-inclusive was alright; however, if we didn't have the baby to limit our movement, I would have regretted the all-inclusive, as there are plenty of restaurants in walking distance. Internet was very slow, but ok for the usual news surfing and email. Finally, the room was good, clean and air-conditioned (we had a suite with living room and bedroom) and with a nice large balcony. Overall, we managed to make our stay comfortable, but as a beach resort this property does not fit the bill. It's good for those who like loud activity around the pool and those who do not get easily embarrassed putting towels on the sun chairs in the middle of the night...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most exceptional areas of the Mediterranean, the East coast of Majorca, is known for its fantastic white sandy beaches with crystalline water and beautiful landscapes. This aparthotel in Cala d'Or, for its outstanding hospitality, delicious gastronomy and tastefully refurbished rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Lastminute, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca Hotel Cala d`Or
- Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca Cala D'Or, Majorca