At first I wasn't impressed. I was annoyed that it was costing so much because it was peak season and on first impressions it didn't compare with our last (slightly cheaper) AI in the Caribbean. I didn't like the layout of the hotel but it dawned on me a few days in that if you wanted to stay in an hotel in an area made up of stunning little coves, you had to accept that hotels would be crammed in to whatever space they had. So, for this reason, the buildings are scattered and the pools are small but there are a few of them so there's choice. I felt the layout meant there was little opportunity to create atmosphere. Saying that, the animation team worked their socks off to get everyone involved in the daily activities. They were brilliant, lots of fun and you could see the kids loved them...and the parents too!
SUNBEDS: This hotel like many has tried everything. Don't assume in high season you'll get a lounger by the pool. We resorted to the beach most days and walked up for drinks and lunch. If you've got kids (ours is a teen now) you probably need to be around the pool and the secret seemed to be, bagging your beds after the evening entertainment. I kid you not! Everyone else did - ALL nationalities! Especially around the quiet pool by the Italian snack bar/beach.
ROOMS: we had a superior room ( think Premier Inn) very comfortable with memory foam beds but the air con seemed to go off during the night. This was a problem. The heat woke me up every night. The shower was amazing. The hair dryer was not! Take your own.
FOOD: Excellent! This is what makes this place 4* - plenty of choice. I ate fish I'd never heard of. They had themed evenings several times a week. The staff are very friendly and efficient. The main restaurant is a little like a school canteen with a quick turnaround of tables but the Italian restaurant below gives you the option of more relaxed dining with some great live music. It also hosts a great BBQ once a week.
Just a word about the All Inclusive. It's not the same as what you get in the Caribbean. You pay extra for tennis, international brands, bottled beers and some cocktails and there are no free water sports.
There is fridge in the room but it's up to you to fill it.
ENTERTAINMENT: kids disco, bingo, show (some were really good) all done and dusted by 11pm
This place is very child friendly. If you've got kids under 11, they'll love it. Not so much the teens. Ours crept off to the wifi lounge as often as he could.
Saying all this, by the end of our stay, we'd had a great relaxing holiday but generally I feel the food and staff are 4* and everything else more of a 3*. I wanted to rate this good but I only got Average or Very Good and it was somewhere in between.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most exceptional areas of the Mediterranean, the East coast of Majorca, is known for its fantastic white sandy beaches with crystalline water and beautiful landscapes. This aparthotel in Cala d'Or, for its outstanding hospitality, delicious gastronomy and tastefully refurbished rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca Hotel Cala d`Or
- Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca Cala D'Or, Majorca