“Sailing Experience with a difference” 5 of 5 bubbles

Vita Bel II
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Cala d'Or
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Vita Bel II is a classic 16 m sailing yacht where we offer shared and private sailing tours in the day and sunset dinner cruises in the evening. All our tours include delicious high-quality Mediterranean catering, on-board barbecues, stylish tapas and an open-bar with excellent local wines, cava and soft drinks included. Come sailing, swim straight off the hydraulic bathing platform, sunbathe and enjoy a memorable day with friends, family and colleagues. Enjoy the best of Majorca hospitality, explore the rugged coast and bays with our friendly skipper and crew. We have sailed with thousands of guests during the last 12 years, let us show you the best of Mallorca. Our company operates from Cala d'Or and we work with other boats around the island for large and small groups for day trips, company events and celebrations. We have the experience to manage your event successfully. Our aim is that you will end the day wanting to return and repeat the experience in the coming years.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Activities for young children
Majorca, Spain
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Sailing Experience with a difference”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I am an experienced sailor and a boat owner for many years. Whilst on holiday in Cala d'Or I noticed an attractive classic-looking yacht making frequent trips out of the marina, located in front of my apartment window. I booked a surprise trip for my wife and I, as she is just as keen on sailing as I am although on our own boats she always thought she was in charge! I thought it would make a nice change not to have orders barked at me and let someone else have that pleasure!

Nigel turned out to be up for the challenge and a very competent skipper. The welcome glass of Champagne was a lovely touch to begin the day; I was impressed with the safety and comfort briefing and the way things were organised. I felt confident right from the start and it was lovely to see the sails going up as soon as we left the harbour. The sailing part of the excursion was excellent and I enjoyed that very much.

We stopped for at a delightful cove along the coast and enjoyed an excellent barbecue lunch. One thing that might appear quirky to some but struck me was that during the food preparation, Nigel and his crew wore latex gloves..... such was the attention to detail and cleanliness.

The sail back was equally enjoyable and upon arrival back in Cala d'Or, both my wife and I remarked on what a wonderful day we had enjoyed.

From our initial enquiry and through the booking process, Sonia handled everything efficiently and with charm, helping to ensure that the day was perfect.

2 Thank Innuendo2024

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Worcester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“this man isn't just a skipper!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

my wife and i went on our Honeymoon and we booked to have a trip with Nigel on the Vita Bel, from the first minute i saw the boat and met Nigel himself i instantly had a great feeling, there were smiles everywhere you looked which showed how comfortable you were made to feel. the boat is stunning and we were lucky to have a small group on board which started at 6 but due to the one person not feeling too well we had to drop off one unfortunate couple , but that didn't stop us having fun, Nigel was the most entertaining skipper i have ever met, a jack of all trades, he gave great knowledge of the area whilst preparing everything for our sunset bbq which was out of this world, i have never tried King prawns and am a very fussy eater but Nigel in his own way educated me with simplicity of this food and within minutes of these being served i could not wait to tuck in!!

as well as the starters the booze was flowing very well and soon after we were served what i say the best fillet steak i have ever tasted, it was perfect and this alone proved how good this man was at what he does, the 4 of us sat there eating, drinking and having the best time, it was one of the best days out i have ever had.

later in the evening i heard music that i have not heard in years - Johnny cash, this was amazing as both couples were fed, watered and relaxed, soon after this we started to make our way back to base, it was dark, the skipper was rocking that boat so well it just added to the moon light experience, my wife and i had our legs dangling over the deck the whole journey back and with the music playing at it's best we could not be happier, this is not the ordinary boat trip you see at other resorts anywhere else, this boat, this skipper was special, a top gent, top chef and true entertainer!! when we next visit Cala D'or i shall be booking this trip up again without a doubt, even just for the steak and i hope may more people get the opportunity to experience the great Vita Bel.

3 Thank Simon85291
Bridport, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great, relaxing day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Had a great day on board. Very relaxing. Lovely cove visited for swimming. Well looked after on board and an excellent lunch. Highly recommend it.

2 Thank Andrew N
Dublin, Ireland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We spent a fantastic day on Vita Bel while in Cala D'Or. I had read the reviews on TripAdvisor and we were delighted that we chose to book a trip with them. We joined four others on the boat as well as two crew members who were so friendly and attentive. We sailed to several beautiful coves for some swimming and snorkelling and had a delicious lunch on board. The crew are very knowledgeable of the area and were able to point out various features to us. A great day out!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Arch_ie161
Lexington, Kentucky
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Unbelievably wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I would highly recommend this experience. We set sail from Marina Cala d'Or with two very professional crew members who could not have given us better service or been more attentive. We cruised along the coast and anchored in a beautiful cove where we swam. Then the crew prepared a delicious dinner for us. Finally we enjoyed a lovely sunset.

Visited September 2013