Casa Ceiba Maria
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
La Ceiba(Cala d'Or)
Fowlers Hotel(Cala d'Or)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Cala d'Or(Cala d'Or)
Dor(Cala d'Or)
  • Pool
Hostal Leo D'or(Cala d'Or)
Hotel Antares(Cala d'Or)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
TUI BLUE Rocador(Cala d'Or)
Sentido Tucan(Cala d'Or)
  • Pool
All reviewsrecommend casaattending a weddinglarge tvair conditioninglovely pool areayogurtevery morningclean roomsmain buildingcold meatsminute walkandremarinafridgebeachescalabalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights in september 2013 and found it to be a perfect getaway. I am a solo traveller so far and am used to being given a double room for single use. However at Ceiba Maria I found myself in a single room which although small had a large wardrobe and a reasonably sized single bed. I was at the rear of the main building on the first floor and had the use of a large balcony/terrace with tables and chairs and also racks for drying towels and clothes if needed. All rooms within the hotel are non smoking so I did make good use of the communal balcony. Andre and Sindy could not have made me feel more welcome, they are a lovely german couple who speak excellent english. They keep the hotel spotless and the grounds well maintained. The pool area was lovely and in september I had the pool to myself for most of the day as the other guests seemed to prefer the beach. Hotel Casa Ceiba next door has a bar open daily and in the evenings and had no problem serving me drinks at the pool over the fence and I got on well with pepe the barman and the hotel manageress there. Breakfast is served on the terrace outside the reception from 8 till 10am and is continental with a variety of meats, cheeses, rolls and fruit although I opted for bacon and eggs which was at an extra cost of 2.50 euros a day but for that you got a plate full. well worth the money.
The hotel is situated on a quiet street only 5 minutes walk from the main square of Cala D'Or where there is any number of bars and restaurants some of which are reasonably priced and some are quite expensive so there is something for everyone. Woodys Bar for karaoke fans, The Irish bar opposite Woodys for its excellent in house 4 piece band, Texas steakhouse for a delicious fillet steak (18 euros) but I highly recommend Andys Bar for the best entertainment and warmest welcome in Cala D'Or. This was my second visit to the resort this year. The first in June I stayed at hostel Caravel at a bargain price. Although Casa Ceiba Maria is a bit pricier it was well worth the extra and I will definately be returning next year.
My only gripe if it can be called one is that the free wifi is intermittent when away from reception, and non existent in my room. By the pool it is well worth asking Pepe at the bar next door for the password to their wifi as you generally get a better signal from that one when by the pool.
Single room is ok but I had a peep in the double rooms and they looked wonderful

Room Tip: Choose a room in the second building to avoid noise from the reception, or at least on the first floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank CharlieMallorca
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Just back from a week long stay at Casa Ceiba Maria and would highly recommend it to anyone planning a trip to Cala d'Or.

ARRIVAL:The welcome on arrival from Sindy was friendly and informative and Andre made sure to introduce himself the next morning at breakfast, this was a nice personal touch.

ROOMS: Very clean and very well appointed, as small bottle of water in the room on arrival was a nice touch. Only negative was that our room was immediately behind reception, so a little noisy at certain times of the day. Also the mattress cover may have had a protective sheet which made for a reasonably hot sleep. One last slight gripe, we paid for a balcony and really this was a very small area to the front of the building that you couldn't really sit out on. Fine for drying towels but that was about it.

AMENITIES: Pool = Fantastic! Clean and quiet. There was also access to a bar next door or an honesty box for drinks from the fridge located in reception. Breakfast was tasty and although a similar theme, they did try to vary the breakfast where thy could. I very much enjoyed my breakfast sat on the terrace enjoying the morning sun. WIFI, was good and could be accessed in our room (room 7) and at the pool.

OVERALL: Would HIGHLY recommend this hotel/BnB and would definitely return if we were staying in the area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 2nd house, away from reception. Don't pay the extra for a balcony, I don't think it was necessary as there is a large sun terrace that everyone can use.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JoniMac
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Great location close to town centre, marina and beaches. The owners Sindy and Andre could not do enough to make our stay more enjoyable. The rooms, public areas and swimming pool were all spotlessly clean and the breakfast served each morning was relaxed and tasty. Andre and Sindy were on hand each morning to give tips of restaurants to try and places to visit always making time to speak to all of their guests. The "honesty" fridge by the pool was very handy for grabbing a cold drink as was the hotel bar next door where the barman Pepe was on hand all day to serve up beers, wine and sangria always accompanying the drinks with snacks of crisps, serrano ham and cheese. The whole experience was relaxing from start to finish and throughout the whole stay we were made to feel welcome by Sindy and Andre. This is our third time staying in Cala d'or and we just love the area, there are an abundance of lovely restaurants and bars for all budgets and by staying in this gorgeous B and B we were able to sample many of these restaurants. We will definitely be back and would book to stay at the Casa Ceiba Maria without any reservations.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed 1 September 2013

There are good reasons to write a negetive review. The next time Casa Ceiba Maria could be so populair that I cannot book them again! This aside, we have been in Cala d'Or before,staying in several places. And we are tough to please but for us nothing beats this kind of low-key appearance hiding excellence where it matters. A few minutes from the (Eco) Beach, the yacht habor and the city centre.
The best matrasses EVER in Spain, clean rooms with brandnew bathroom and shower.
Friendly service, always with a smile and nothing is too much.
If you want to overpay for four stars, this is not the right choice. Otherwise... do not hesitate!

Room Tip: Not all rooms have airco yet, but this is only needed in July and August, I guess.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thedanishtravellers
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Great location , close to a lovely beach and the marina. Made by welcome by the owners Sindy and Andre and the accommodation had a very homely feel. Breakfast every morning was great and the 'help yourself' bar fridge was really useful and convenient. We stayed for a friends wedding on the island and the owners were great in terms of being genuinely interested and helping with booking taxi's etc. The room was ideal, large, air conditioning and recently refurbished. The bathroom was modern with a large, powerful and hot shower! If you want a place to stay where you feel welcomed and looked after then this is the place for you. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple