We stayed here the second week in may 2012.We were with 1 child and 3 adults and we stayed in 2 apartments. It surprised me how nice our apartment was. For spanish standards it was good. The badroom is nice and you even have aircon in the room!
The hotel is very well situated, just opposite cala gran and nearby cala esmeralda, could not be better I think.
The pool is very nice although not that big maybe in high season. For now, may, it was just perfect. There is a lifeguard almost all day, which is very good I think. They also try to keep the pool area very clean. Every day someone cleans the pool and all tiles surrounding with a high pressure watermachine. You could do some cooking in the appartment but I would not recommend anything else than a simple egg. There are a lot of restaurants in the surrounding so no need to cook anyhow. Also the reataurant in the hotel is good, although not so cozy ; no music, so bit clinical.
The hotel manager and staff were very service minded and tried to resolve minor difficulties as soon as possible. They obviously want you to be on a happy holiday!
Only thing that was strange is the frequency of cleaning. On thursdays and sundays there is no cleaning, we were informed about that. But the other days sometimes the room was cleaned, and sometimes not. Since we had 2 appartments next to each other it was also strange that sometimes 1 was cleaned and the other not.
Cleaning was very well done although.
Also the animation guys, Maartje and Rafa did their upmost best to entertain the kids and adults. Great respect for them!
All in all it was better than expected and we would really like to go here again next year in may!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the resort of Cala d’Or, this recently renovated holiday complex is set just a few steps away from the crystal-clear Mediterranean waters of Cala Gran.The property has been built in a typical Balearic style, providing an authentic Majorcan experience. Relax in the sunshine on a sun lounger before diving into the large outdoor swimming pool. You can also enjoy a cool drink beside the pool from the outdoor bar. Refreshing drinks are also available in the lounge bar.The property is surrounded by Cala d’Or – one of Majorca’s most popular seaside and water sports resorts. From here, you can easily enjoy all that this beautiful island has to offer. Exploring at your own pace is made easy by the reception’s car and bike rental service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prinsotel Alba Apartments Manacor
- Prinsotel Alba Apartments Hotel Manacor
- Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments Cala D'Or, Majorca