Just about to leave Alba and head back to the airport so here is my very current review having just checked out.
Alba is in a great location with the beach only a few metres away, the marina just a 10/15 minute walk and plenty of shops and restaurants around.
The hotel facilities and various services are also great. A particular benefit here is the beach towel rental system which means that for a deposit on arrival you get an ongoing supply of clean and fresh towels to use by the pool (or beach for that matter).
There is maid service with towels in the room changed/ beds made etc 5 days a week. I was in my room one day when the maids came in and they were very thorough.
WiFi is available in the pool areas/ lounge and bar. The connection can sometimes be problematic I assume from high demand and not enough capacity at certain points of the day, however you usually get logged in after a few attempts. WiFi can be available in rooms depending on your room's proximity to the pool area.
We have been self catering so can't really comment on hotel food, however on our first night we found 'Marfils Cafeteria and Pizzaria' just a few metres from Alba and with the exception of two nights we ate there every evening. The waiters there were so friendly and the food was good and very reasonably priced.
The pool area; even though the hotel is busy there are plenty of room and plenty of beds. You have to be there promptly at 10 am when the area opens if you want to get near to a canopy for some shade, however there are also plenty of tables and chairs in shaded areas on the lounge side of the pool. Table tennis is also available in the pool area - you pay a 5 Euro deposit for bats and ball.
Finally, a note about the entertainment team - Andreas, Eva, Lourdes, Maartje and Jerome. These guys are great and work very hard to provide lots of activities for all, every day of the week. We've had darts, aqua gym, Zumba, Spanish lessons, karaoke etc etc.
Summing everything up - great place to spend two weeks :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the resort of Cala d’Or, this recently renovated holiday complex is set just a few steps away from the crystal-clear Mediterranean waters of Cala Gran.The property has been built in a typical Balearic style, providing an authentic Majorcan experience. Relax in the sunshine on a sun lounger before diving into the large outdoor swimming pool. You can also enjoy a cool drink beside the pool from the outdoor bar. Refreshing drinks are also available in the lounge bar.The property is surrounded by Cala d’Or – one of Majorca’s most popular seaside and water sports resorts. From here, you can easily enjoy all that this beautiful island has to offer. Exploring at your own pace is made easy by the reception’s car and bike rental service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prinsotel Alba Apartments Manacor
- Prinsotel Alba Apartments Hotel Manacor
- Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments Cala D'Or, Majorca