This is a 3 star aparthotel but having returned a few days ago I have to say it belies its rating. We are a family of 4 with children aged 4 & 6 who stayed for a week all-inclusive.
I'll get the couple of niggles out of the way first; the wifi is poor (although it was quite refreshing to be offline for a few days!), the rooms were a little dated (but we spent almost no time in there for this to be an issue) & although the food came out hot at mealtimes it did cool quite quickly (but it was replaced very often).
Now the good points; the staff are attentive & helpful in all areas of the hotel, the animation team deserve a special mention for their unrelenting energy & willingness to involve everyone. The grounds, public areas & rooms are kept in pristine condition by the many cleaning & maintainence staff, additionally we found our 1 bedroomed apartment really very spacious. The beer & soft drinks were named brand, not cheap substitutes & the local spirits very palatable. The pool/beach towel deposit scheme is excellent & there are plenty of sun loungers round the pool area (not so much if you return from a trip in mid afternoon). The food was varied (particularly the excellent salads) and catered for all our tastes, be aware that this hotel attracts a multinational clientele & the menus reflect this.
If you're after a loud boozy all inclusive with steak & kidney & black pudding then look elsewhere, if you're looking for the silence of an adult only holiday then keep looking! (this is obviously advertised as a very child friendly little complex). If you're looking for somewhere to take your young children but enjoy a little peace while they're entertained for an hour here or there, then I highly recommend this place, we will be returning next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the resort of Cala d’Or, this recently renovated holiday complex is set just a few steps away from the crystal-clear Mediterranean waters of Cala Gran.The property has been built in a typical Balearic style, providing an authentic Majorcan experience. Relax in the sunshine on a sun lounger before diving into the large outdoor swimming pool. You can also enjoy a cool drink beside the pool from the outdoor bar. Refreshing drinks are also available in the lounge bar.The property is surrounded by Cala d’Or – one of Majorca’s most popular seaside and water sports resorts. From here, you can easily enjoy all that this beautiful island has to offer. Exploring at your own pace is made easy by the reception’s car and bike rental service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prinsotel Alba Apartments Manacor
- Prinsotel Alba Apartments Hotel Manacor
- Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments Cala D'Or, Majorca