My wife and three young kids (5,4 and 18 months) have just came back from 10 days self catering so I cannot verify other peoples comments on the food at this hotel. First of all I have to say the location is superb, very central and a stones throw from the beach, if the beach is your thing!! The beach adjacent to the hotel, whilst lovely, is very small and extremely crowded however it is high season so you would expect nothing less.
Cala D'or itself is a great resort and I would definately go back - very child friendly with lots of things for the kids to do e.g 2 minute walk from the hotel is a small square with bouncy castles, go karts, trampolines with another similar area a further 2 minutes beyond this. Loads of restaurants with a varying degree of quality - we had some lovely meals and some that were vile. Avoid The Duke pub - food was disgusting!!
We had a one bedroom apartment. The rooms were a decent size, no more, no less. The facilities for self catering were poor though - a kettle and a microwave are a must for any self catering holiday, and our apartment had neither. The view from the apartment was not great either although we were grateful to be put in Block 6 at the back away from the pool, which could be quite noisy up to 11.30pm.
The bar facility was fine, reasonably priced although some of the bar staff looked clinically depressed - an occasional smile costs very little. Maid service was every day bar Sunday and Thursday and was adequate although we did have to request that our sheets were changed - I doubt they would have done this had we not requested it. The system they have with the pool towels is great though - for a 20 Euro deposit you can change your pool towels as often as you like at set times during the day. Excellent!!
The animation staff, as have been mentioned elsewhere, were great and very enthusiastic although not overly pushy. Our two oldest went to the kids club on a few occasions and enjoyed it. The entertainment at night was reasonable although very German orientated - quite why they did not use the inside stage is a mystery to me though, this would have helped keep the noise down.
On the whole the hotel was fine and whilst I would go back to Cala D'Or I think I would book elsewhere - there seems to be better accommodation in equally good locations in the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the resort of Cala d’Or, this recently renovated holiday complex is set just a few steps away from the crystal-clear Mediterranean waters of Cala Gran.The property has been built in a typical Balearic style, providing an authentic Majorcan experience. Relax in the sunshine on a sun lounger before diving into the large outdoor swimming pool. You can also enjoy a cool drink beside the pool from the outdoor bar. Refreshing drinks are also available in the lounge bar.The property is surrounded by Cala d’Or – one of Majorca’s most popular seaside and water sports resorts. From here, you can easily enjoy all that this beautiful island has to offer. Exploring at your own pace is made easy by the reception’s car and bike rental service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prinsotel Alba Apartments Manacor
- Prinsotel Alba Apartments Hotel Manacor
- Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments Cala D'Or, Majorca