We have just returned from a 2 week holiday at the Prinsotel Alba. We read the reviews before booking this holiday, most of which were great but we did notice a few people said they were double booked - we were sad to find ourselves in the same situation! Apparently this is a common problem and the reception staff were not particularly sympathetic. They said it was not their fault but the sales people who overbook! After arriving at lunchtime we were sent to another hotel and told to come back at midday the following day. We had booked self catering but were offered 7 days breakfast and a room overlooking the pool as compensation. We arrived the following day to a room not overlooking the pool but overlooking the toilets which was very disappointing...again! They did offer to move us the following day but by this time we just wanted to unpack our clothes and settle in. Our room was very tired, but clean and we were desperate not to let the start of our holiday spoil the remainder.
As others have said, the pool is too small and this became apparent as the hotel got busier. The sun bed situation is also difficult, having to queue every morning at 10! We requested a late check out but were told the hotel is so booked it is not always possible and if it is it would cost 40 euros!
On a positive note, the breakfasts were great and there was a lot of variety. All inclusive people told us you could not fault the food. The entertainment team were absolutely fantastic and my 2 children (ages 5 and 7) loved every minute. The entertainment team go out of their way to make the children happy, they play with them in the pool, dance on the bridge and have activities/games throughout the day and night. Thank you to the entertainment team - Pablo, Karin, Laura, Moises and especially Baru who my daughter loved!
This hotel is perfect for families, in an ideal location and after a bad start, we had a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the resort of Cala d’Or, this recently renovated holiday complex is set just a few steps away from the crystal-clear Mediterranean waters of Cala Gran.The property has been built in a typical Balearic style, providing an authentic Majorcan experience. Relax in the sunshine on a sun lounger before diving into the large outdoor swimming pool. You can also enjoy a cool drink beside the pool from the outdoor bar. Refreshing drinks are also available in the lounge bar.The property is surrounded by Cala d’Or – one of Majorca’s most popular seaside and water sports resorts. From here, you can easily enjoy all that this beautiful island has to offer. Exploring at your own pace is made easy by the reception’s car and bike rental service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prinsotel Alba Apartments Manacor
- Prinsotel Alba Apartments Hotel Manacor
- Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments Cala D'Or, Majorca