“Kettle in rooms”

Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments
Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Cala d'Or
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Hi, we are going to stop at this hotel in 2 weeks time All Inclusive could anyone please tell me if there is a kettle and hair dryer in the rooms, or an option to hire for the weeks stay. I know we are going A I but theirs nothing worse than having to get showered dressed etc before getting a brew, knowing this would be helpful to save extra weight in the cases. I emailed the hotel over a week ago but up to now have had no response. Thank you to anyone who replies

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
prinsotel187463, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

First of all thanks to book your holidays in Prinsotel.
You can find a kettle and a hair dryer in the room.
We wish you nice holidays in Prinsotel Alba!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I've used trip advisor as a reference for a long time but haven't yet had such an experience to make me sign up and write a review but I feel strongly about warning people away from this hotel. Cala dor is a nice place and the beach is stunning but this hotel will taint your holiday and leave you more tired coming back than you were going. As some others have said my family was also subjected to over-booking and had to move to another hotel on arrival for a night. It was really obvious this happens daily, spend any time around reception and you will regularly overhear the "compensation" discussion. The lounger situation is a joke, I dont know what the purpose of the lounger "lock up" policy is but all it does is cause fights every day. Worse is that if it wasn't bad enough having to get up at a ridiculous time for holidays just to get a lounger is that you will have to do it with little or no sleep depending on your neighbours, for the first few days of our stay we had very quiet neighbours which caused no disturbance but for the remaining 7 days we had a family upstairs with a newborn screaming all night (now that isn't their fault my point is the walls are so thin its like you have the baby screaming in the room yourself!) and a very loud family next door who woke us at 6am daily shouting (although at least they woke us on time to get loungers)
the staff are lovely and the location is great but none of that is worth 2 weeks of no sleep and bother.
I booked this place on the back of the fantastic reviews and I suspect based on the fact that staff are great etc that maybe offpeak its a much better run place but they cannot deal with peak traffic in the hotel and left us with a very unrelaxing holiday so in my experience stay away there are better places :-(

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Edelle B
prinsotel187463, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thanks a lot for your opinion and to say the staff is great.
I´m so sorry about the inconveniences but if the reception had been informed we could have offered you another appartment in a different block.
Anyway it will be nice if you decide to come back again.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

The overall view is very good, the pool is a good size, the entertainment is great, the food is of a good standard, the rooms are a good size for 4 people. The only problem is the need to queue for the sun beds in a morning, they are chained up and only released at 10.00 am. THERE IS NOT ENOUGH sunbeds. The hotel needs to spend a few more euros to solve this problem, it is spoiling a potential great experience.

Room Tip: Sleep by the side of the pool to be first in the queue for sunbeds
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your opinion.
It´s nice if you enjoyedyour holidays.
About the sunbeds there is no more place to put them. It´s plenty of them everywhere.
Anyway we hope you come back again!

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Just back from 10 nights all inclusive at the prinsotel with my partner and 15 year old daughter we all really enjoyed our stay, two mins to lovely sandy cove.....warm sea! Good choice of food, all staff really nice and friendly daytime activities were fun for all .We didn't see the eve entertainment but was told it was good. Even though there was no teens club my daughter made lots of friends and totally enjoyed herself! So did we.The room was a good size and no late night noise. Shops and bars were within 5 min walk.Would definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Holliehotcake
prinsotel187463, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Thanks a lot for your opinion.
It´snice you had nice holidays.
We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

It had been a while since we took a 2 week holiday so I really wanted to get somewhere great and all the reviews on TA of this place seemed so great I was confident! I can see how some people would love this place particularly if you intend to go to the beach not the pool so let me start with the positives, the apartments are a really good size, very spacious but basic, the beds are comfortable enough and the noise in Mahon building is pretty ok. the location is great and the animation team during the day are great. Now for the real watch outs. On day one when we arrived we were told they were overbooked and were shipped to another hotel for the night. I was pretty annoyed but decided to deal with it the next morning, we arrived back the next morning (after 10 as they told us to) and still had to wait for the room. On arrival I was presented with a form to sign to say I would accept a week of breakfast as compensation .. But it ran sat-sat .. We had already been moved on sat and informed breakfast was over on sun so basically 5 days breakfast. I told them I wasnt happy with that and the form was gruffly pulled away telling me to do what I wanted.. After a sleepless night (they shipped us to the esmeralda and gave us a room facing the bar which had blaring music till 3am) I didn't have the energy to argue at the time and just wanted to check in. We were settled by about 1130 however then came the realisation that if you don't have a lounger by 10am forget it. The beach at cala d'Or is beautiful, spectacular infact but with a not too strong 6 year old swimmer we needed the pool. On the evening of checking in when going to take showers it didn't work and so began an hour wait to get it fixed. It's worth saying the over booking is really prevalent and a daily thing that happens, each day when transfers arrived everyone jumped off the bus with smiles and without fail within minutes there was an angry family being loaded into a taxi ... The staffs attitude alone and sheer couldn't care less indicates its a regular occurrence and they have completely lost sight of the horrible experience it is. Worth mentioning also is that while apartments are serviced 5 days a week the cleaning is hit and miss .. the sheets were never changed, just folded and regularly insufficient towels were left. And then the biggest irritation ... The loungers. There are very limited umbrellas instead there are about 15 fixed palm trees which if you want the chance of any shade during the day are your only chance. The hotel adopts a ridiculous practice of stacking and chaining the loungers until 10am every day and also operate a no reservation of palm trees policy which they then don't enforce so what happens is you need to be up and get your towels over a palm tree by 730 and then start queuing for loungers around 930. The whole thing is a nightmare .. It created two pretty ugly fights in the time I was there in one family coming over and taking over the place reserved by towels etc.. It's just stressful. So if you want to spend your holiday setting your alarm and having a morning of hassle just to be able to sit by the pool and if you are lucky enough to not be the chosen family daily who arrive overbooked then its probably a better experience. However for us, for the experience we had it was over priced, hassle and generally a real let down ... Couldn't possibly recommend it

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank mcg1979
prinsotel187463, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Thanks for your opinion.
I´m so sorry about these inconveniences.
At the moment all our guests are very happy with us. It´s a schame you didn´t enjoy at all.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed at Alba for 11 nights SC from 23 July and are a family with 2 young children (6 & 4). They absolutely loved it and if they're happy, we're happy. Upon arrival, original room wasn't ready but was given an alternative straight away (gutted I wasn't offered a complimentary upgrade like other reviews I'd read!). Room was as expected for 3 Star rating, but didn't plan on spending much time in there so wasn't too fussy. The massive selling points for this complex is its location, 3 beaches all in close proximity as well as plenty of places to eat. The other big selling point is the "Animacion" team. They do a fantastic job in keeping you occupied without pressuring to join in activities, whether that be Pablo with his "Aqua Gym" or the whole team bringing out "Clownie" 6 nights a week at the childrens mini disco. My daughter found a soft spot for Pablo & my 4 yr old son a soft spot for Barboro. You couldn't help being entertained even if you didn't take part as you ended up watching others. I joined in the water volley but gave the water polo a miss. That was more of a multi national wrestling match but fun to watch the passion and energy exploding from guests taking part. Going self catering, we found the "spar" 5 mins up the hill ( opposite Marfils Pizzera) was cheaper for products but for that ultimate bargain, a 10 min walk to the "Eroski" was worth the trek (if you can carry 2 x 6.5L water @ 69 cents per bottle). I preferred the queue for loungers as thought this was a fair system however agree with others comments and think when sun is high and shining, the unlocking time should be brought forward to 9am. I got 2 beds each time without panic. I bought my own parasol to avoid the towel fights for the fixed ones and will set you back around 8 to 10 euros. Only minor gripe was air con seemed to switch off around 2am and come back on till 6am and with the temperatures experienced did not help with a good nights sleep. Overall my family thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would recommend to other families.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank 24kirk
prinsotel187463, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you very much for your opinion.
It´s nice to know you enjoyed your holidays in Prinsotel
We would like to see you soon again!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Arrived late in the evening, and as we were staying all inclusive they offered us some bread and ham for a sandwich.
As soon as I opened the door to the room I could smell damp, but as it had been a long day for our family of 4 we just decided to sleep on it. I was woken in the early hours by the strong odour which I realised was coming from the wardrobe next to me. There were silverfish running all around the room from the damp (ground floor room next to small pool) so I complained and they switched us rooms within the hour. All the rooms are the same 80's style dated but large with a t.v. We only had 1 maid service in the first seven days so I had to complain again.
Breakfast was good but the rest was really repetitive and mainly slodge, the soups were just filled with leftover meats, so were not tasty.
Drinks were always served in hot plastic glasses because the hardworking staff were running around collecting what little cups they had to put in the dishwasher. This made all drinks bad.
The pool was way too small for the complex as of course the beds, although they stacked and chained them until 10 it made for a feisty start to the day for them. The staff work hard especially the entertainment team throughout the day.
Theres plenty to do and see around cala dor with great clean beech coves to visit. If you like cheese and ham sandwiches youl love this apart hotel, but unfortunately I won't be coming back, although I would return to cala dor. (Dont normaly have a moan but felt it necessary on this occasion)

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Bentnose2008

Thank you very much for your opinion.
I´m sorry about the inconveniences.