We stayed here - a family of four, kids aged 18 and 14, for two weeks during August.
There are good and bad points about this hotel, from my point of view the bad mostly being other holidaymakers! I cant fault the hotel staff as any problems which arose were dealt with - these problems included changing rooms. I booked this holiday a year ago and specified a ground floor pool side room, we had to wait for five days to get this room but I was offered two other rooms to choose from. Unfortunately neither of those rooms were suitable therefore we were left in limbo for the five days waiting.
My son has severe autism and the attitude of some of the holidaymakers was absolutely disgusting, in 18 years I have never come across such rudeness and ignorance - it totally ruined our holiday. I asked to move hotels but unfortunately this was not possible as apparently there was no availability elsewhere. However, every time I was in reception people who had been double booked - and there were plenty of them! - were put in different hotels, this would suggest that there was in fact availability elsewhere.
We stayed all inclusive and found the restaurant meals of a good standard but choice a bit limited - it was alright if you liked chips with everything! There needs to be more variety and side dishes which accompany the main meal........not chips at every mealtime. The daytime/evening snacks consist of unbuttered ham and cheese sandwiches, some type of biscuit, cheap ice-cream tubs and fruit. As said in a previous review the plastic 'glasses' which the drinks are served in are usually warm from the dishwasher which in turn makes the drinks warm, the pay bar use glasses (not good around the pool), the drinks are filled to the top (the all inclusive ones are sometimes only half filled) and they have a slice of lemon in them - not a luxury all inclusive get! Also all inclusive tea and coffee is served in polystyrene cups whilst if you pay you get a proper china cup.
I have never had to wait for sunbeds to be unchained before and found this whole scenario ridiculous - but when in Rome.......or even Spain! So every morning for two soul destroying weeks I queued for two sunbeds.......had a few rows.....sometimes a little scuffle....but on the upside I did meet some nice people ;)
The apartment was OK, what you expect for a three star. The air conditioning and hot/cold water were all fine. However our room was not cleaned or the beds changed throughout our stay, also towels were not changed and my husband had to go and find the lady with the towels to get clean ones, we also changed our own bins as these were not done. Apart from room being a bit hit and miss the cleanliness within the rest of the hotel is excellent.
This place is ideal if you have young children but teenagers are not catered for and I would not return purely for the disgusting treatment of my son by other holidaymakers - however this is not the fault of the hotel staff. I was reassured when booking by Thomas Cook that this hotel would be suitable for my son, it wasn't. I asked the Thomas Cook rep to move hotels, this was apparently impossible. On arrival at the airport we were advised by a Thomas Cook rep that there was a six hour delay, to check in and he would come and sort out any problems.........we never saw him again......... I would rather poke myself in the eye with a dirty stick than go anywhere with Thomas Cook again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the resort of Cala d’Or, this recently renovated holiday complex is set just a few steps away from the crystal-clear Mediterranean waters of Cala Gran.The property has been built in a typical Balearic style, providing an authentic Majorcan experience. Relax in the sunshine on a sun lounger before diving into the large outdoor swimming pool. You can also enjoy a cool drink beside the pool from the outdoor bar. Refreshing drinks are also available in the lounge bar.The property is surrounded by Cala d’Or – one of Majorca’s most popular seaside and water sports resorts. From here, you can easily enjoy all that this beautiful island has to offer. Exploring at your own pace is made easy by the reception’s car and bike rental service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prinsotel Alba Apartments Manacor
- Prinsotel Alba Apartments Hotel Manacor
- Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments Cala D'Or, Majorca