We arrived after a 14 hour delay tired and hungry.we were quickly checked into our room ,I had emailed ahead to request top floor, quiet room .If unfit the climb to the top floor can be a little tiring.The rooms are dated but clean ,bathroom felt it had been refitted more recently.We were staying on an all inclusive basis so I didn't use the kitchen.It looked clean.The balcony had a drying area for clothes.The beds are a little hard but the rooms cleaned well although the maids have two days of a week.The air con worked well it does cut out at around 2am but comes on again at 7.30 this seemed to work well.
The pool area was crowded but it is August ,we arrived at 9.50 each morning and were able to get a parasol and three beds with no problem.I felt this worked as at other hotels people get up silly o clock to reserve the beds.Having clean beach towels each day is good.
The food is varied and of good quality for AI .Lots of salads and fruit ,fish ,breads.The restaurant is well run and staff friendly and helpful.Food served around the pool are from separate bars for AI and paying clients,the AI clients are served with plastic cups and polystyrene for tea and coffee,whilst the paying clients are served with cups and saucers.The pool side BBQ is only available to paying guests .
This was our first experience of mixed AI and paying not sure I liked this but unsure how this could be improved.
The animation team keep the guests amused ,they work so hard and are more talented than other teams I have witnessed.We had one morning of rain and the guest were inside and they did their best to make up games etc.There is a good mix of nationalities here no one dominated during our stay.
The only two negative points would be that we only managed to have a warm shower twice.The inside bar is very warm and stuffy and there are not many seats outside.
My children had a wonderful time .I wasn't keen on the resort or the beaches as they are crowded with no sea front ,the marina area is good for a walk.
This was our first visit to Mallorca and was better than expected but I wouldn't return to this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the resort of Cala d’Or, this recently renovated holiday complex is set just a few steps away from the crystal-clear Mediterranean waters of Cala Gran.The property has been built in a typical Balearic style, providing an authentic Majorcan experience. Relax in the sunshine on a sun lounger before diving into the large outdoor swimming pool. You can also enjoy a cool drink beside the pool from the outdoor bar. Refreshing drinks are also available in the lounge bar.The property is surrounded by Cala d’Or – one of Majorca’s most popular seaside and water sports resorts. From here, you can easily enjoy all that this beautiful island has to offer. Exploring at your own pace is made easy by the reception’s car and bike rental service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prinsotel Alba Apartments Manacor
- Prinsotel Alba Apartments Hotel Manacor
- Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments Cala D'Or, Majorca