We have just arrived back home after spending a week at the Prinsotel Alba. Our party consisted of myself, my wife and our 2 boys aged 5 and 2. We stayed in one of the newly refurbished apartments in the 'Ibiza' block and have to say that it was immaculate and probably the nicest hotel room/apartment we have ever stayed in. We stayed on an all-inclusive basis. The food was fine although the choice is somewhat limited and on a few occasions it was stone cold. Also, there were no Sausages at breakfast time other than tiny hot dog type sausages which were horrible. The hotel is located literally over the road from Cala Gran beach which is beautiful, clear blue water and immaculately clean.
Now the bad - the staff. I have never come across such rude, unhelpful staff in all my life. The receptionists were very pleasant but a number of staff in the restaurant (and one in particular) was a disgrace. To list but a few examples we went outside onto the outside terrace one lunchtime to eat lunch when we were abruptly ordered to go back inside. When we asked why we were not allowed to sit outside and eat our lunch on a warm sunny day we were simply told "it is closed". What sort of hotel will not allow it's guests to eat outside? We can only guess that they could not be bothered having to clean up outside after us. On another occasion we went down to the restaurant for our evening meal. There were no tables for 4 laid out (no cutlery on the tables) so we sat at a larger table which had places for 6. Half way through our meal a very rude female member of staff rushed up to us and told us we would have to move to a smaller table. In no uncertain terms we told her we would not be moving as they should have made sure there were smaller tables laid out when we arrived. Another minor incident was when we sat down for lunch one afternoon one of the waitresses picked up the high chair next to our table and took it away when she knew full well we would need it for our youngest little boy so we had to go and find another. The biggest gripe I have and one which I will be officially complaining to Prinsotel about is the way I was spoken to on the morning of departure. We were due to be picked up by the coach at around 8am. The information book in the apartment clearly states that a cold breakfast is available for any guests with an early morning departure. The night before I went to reception to enquire about the times of the breakfast and I was told that the staff have to start getting the hot breakfast ready from 7am so I would need to be in the restaurant prior to 7am to get our cold breakfast. After setting my alarm for 6.30am I walked over to the restaurant at around 6.40am to find it unlocked and there was plenty of bread and cereal's laid out. I therefore proceeded to get some bread which I could take back to our apartment and make some toast prior to departure. As I was collecting the bread a snotty lady started talking to me in Spanish in an irate way. I couldn't understand what she was saying but I simply told her we were due to leave that morning so I was there to collect my cold breakfast. As I exited the restaurant she slammed the door behind me and locked it. After taking the bread back to our apartment I went back to the restaurant to get some orange juice only to find the place locked. I therefore went to reception and spoke to a very pleasant girl who apologised and she agreed to walk over to the restaurant to let me in. After banging on the window for 5 minutes the aforementioned snotty lady opened the door, looked at me like something she had stood in and started ranting in Spanish. The receptionist explained that I was simply there to get some cold breakfast and then begrudgingly I was allowed back in to get some fruit juice. I mentioned to the receptionist that I was appalled at the way I had been treated and she apologised and admitted that some of their staff are very rude. The service at the bars was also poor and you could wait around for 10 minutes for a drink with not a member of bar staff anywhere in sight. Would I stay here again? If they changed the staff, yes. Whilst we enjoyed our holiday the staff took some of the shine off it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the resort of Cala d’Or, this recently renovated holiday complex is set just a few steps away from the crystal-clear Mediterranean waters of Cala Gran.The property has been built in a typical Balearic style, providing an authentic Majorcan experience. Relax in the sunshine on a sun lounger before diving into the large outdoor swimming pool. You can also enjoy a cool drink beside the pool from the outdoor bar. Refreshing drinks are also available in the lounge bar.The property is surrounded by Cala d’Or – one of Majorca’s most popular seaside and water sports resorts. From here, you can easily enjoy all that this beautiful island has to offer. Exploring at your own pace is made easy by the reception’s car and bike rental service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prinsotel Alba Apartments Manacor
- Prinsotel Alba Apartments Hotel Manacor
- Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments Cala D'Or, Majorca