“Fantastic aparthotel!”

Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Cala d'Or
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel is perfect. Within 5 minutes walk of nearest beach and town. We stayed SC and room, although basic and a little dated, had everything we needed and was a really good size. Communal areas in hotel were excellent. Lovely pools. Very good value for money. Would definitely recommend and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank LouSempers
prinsotel187463, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you very much for your opinión.
Prinsotel Alba is one of the best 3 stars hotels in Cala D´Or. The services the hotel offers (rooms, food, drinks, entertainment,...) is one of the best and the staff is really friendly and helpful with our guests.
We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We have just arrived back home after spending a week at the Prinsotel Alba. Our party consisted of myself, my wife and our 2 boys aged 5 and 2. We stayed in one of the newly refurbished apartments in the 'Ibiza' block and have to say that it was immaculate and probably the nicest hotel room/apartment we have ever stayed in. We stayed on an all-inclusive basis. The food was fine although the choice is somewhat limited and on a few occasions it was stone cold. Also, there were no Sausages at breakfast time other than tiny hot dog type sausages which were horrible. The hotel is located literally over the road from Cala Gran beach which is beautiful, clear blue water and immaculately clean.
Now the bad - the staff. I have never come across such rude, unhelpful staff in all my life. The receptionists were very pleasant but a number of staff in the restaurant (and one in particular) was a disgrace. To list but a few examples we went outside onto the outside terrace one lunchtime to eat lunch when we were abruptly ordered to go back inside. When we asked why we were not allowed to sit outside and eat our lunch on a warm sunny day we were simply told "it is closed". What sort of hotel will not allow it's guests to eat outside? We can only guess that they could not be bothered having to clean up outside after us. On another occasion we went down to the restaurant for our evening meal. There were no tables for 4 laid out (no cutlery on the tables) so we sat at a larger table which had places for 6. Half way through our meal a very rude female member of staff rushed up to us and told us we would have to move to a smaller table. In no uncertain terms we told her we would not be moving as they should have made sure there were smaller tables laid out when we arrived. Another minor incident was when we sat down for lunch one afternoon one of the waitresses picked up the high chair next to our table and took it away when she knew full well we would need it for our youngest little boy so we had to go and find another. The biggest gripe I have and one which I will be officially complaining to Prinsotel about is the way I was spoken to on the morning of departure. We were due to be picked up by the coach at around 8am. The information book in the apartment clearly states that a cold breakfast is available for any guests with an early morning departure. The night before I went to reception to enquire about the times of the breakfast and I was told that the staff have to start getting the hot breakfast ready from 7am so I would need to be in the restaurant prior to 7am to get our cold breakfast. After setting my alarm for 6.30am I walked over to the restaurant at around 6.40am to find it unlocked and there was plenty of bread and cereal's laid out. I therefore proceeded to get some bread which I could take back to our apartment and make some toast prior to departure. As I was collecting the bread a snotty lady started talking to me in Spanish in an irate way. I couldn't understand what she was saying but I simply told her we were due to leave that morning so I was there to collect my cold breakfast. As I exited the restaurant she slammed the door behind me and locked it. After taking the bread back to our apartment I went back to the restaurant to get some orange juice only to find the place locked. I therefore went to reception and spoke to a very pleasant girl who apologised and she agreed to walk over to the restaurant to let me in. After banging on the window for 5 minutes the aforementioned snotty lady opened the door, looked at me like something she had stood in and started ranting in Spanish. The receptionist explained that I was simply there to get some cold breakfast and then begrudgingly I was allowed back in to get some fruit juice. I mentioned to the receptionist that I was appalled at the way I had been treated and she apologised and admitted that some of their staff are very rude. The service at the bars was also poor and you could wait around for 10 minutes for a drink with not a member of bar staff anywhere in sight. Would I stay here again? If they changed the staff, yes. Whilst we enjoyed our holiday the staff took some of the shine off it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank CountyFanStockport
prinsotel187463, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thanks for your opinión and sorry for the inconveniences.
Anyway we hope you had nice holidays in Mallorca and you had a nice flight back home.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just back from 11 nights with my two 5 year olds. We stayed all inclusive in a superior room and had a great time. Most of the guests here are German, but there are people from all over Europe staying here and all of the staff speak English. The room was good and the bed was huge! We had a 3rd floor room which was fine after we had brought the suitcases upstairs. Those with mobility problems should request a ground floor room as there are no lifts in this hotel. My kids enjoyed the kids club and mini disco which runs 6 days per week. The hotel also put on childrens' dinner in the mini club from June which gave us a chance to eat our dinner in peace. The food was good and I would say that there is something for everyone, although dinner has a distinctly German flavour to it, so lots of pork and other meats. I am vegetarian and managed to find something to eat every day and didn't find any less choice than I would have if we had eaten out in restaurants. Staff were all great and really helpful. The bar staff and kids club work their socks off and I can honestly say we never had bad service from anyone. I read stuff about queuing for sun loungers at 10am but this practice seems to have stopped as they were all set up by breakfast at 8. The beach is a 2 min walk away and is close enough to leave your stuff on the beach and come back to the hotel for lunch. Shops, restaurants and bars are all a couple of minutes away, easy stroll in the heat. I would recommend this hotel to those looking for a good value relaxing holiday with kids. I would consider going back again and met a few families who had been there several times.

Room Tip: ask for a pool view
2  Thank Lisallm

Thanks a lot for your opinión.
It´s nice you had nice holidays.
We would like to see you again in Prinsotel.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We (family of 4, 2 girls aged 6 and 4) have just returned from our 2nd all inc trip to this wonderful hotel. Loved it the first time, loved it the second time, had a great holiday!!
All the staff are friendly, helpful and professional, from cleaners to the animacion team.
A lovely new addition since last year was the outside four poster sunbeds on the sun terrace and the children's evening meals in the kids club, giving us parents a chance to have 'a meal out' by ourselves.
Hopefully will be returning same time next year.
Thank you Alba!xx

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for your opinión.
It´s nice you want to come back next year.
See you soon!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel during the May half term for an all inclusive break. The hotel is situated near Cala Gran and the local shops and restaurants. The hotel is lovely and clean and the staff are very helpful and efficient. The holidaymakers staying here were a mix of nationalities - this is not a typical "brits abroad" type hotel. Everyone was very polite and considerate despite the languages! There is also free WIFI which was handy.
We booked a superior room overlooking the pool which was bright and spacious. We had a queen size bed with the L shaped sofa converted into two beds for our children. There was a maid service every day and any minor problems we encountered were dealt with swiftly and efficiently.
All the meals were served in the main restaurant which was also very clean and food was continually replenished when necessary. Drinks, ice creams, sandwiches and cake were served by the larger of the three pools. However the poolside remained spotless.
The usual grab your sun beds at dawn was not an issue as there were plenty to go around and towels can be borrowed from the lifeguard when you present your towel cards which you get at check in.
The entertainment staff did a great job and did their best to involve everyone without being pushy.
Our daughter celebrated her 9th birthday on the second day of our holiday, the hotel left a Happy Birthday note in our room with a Kinder egg which we thought was a lovely thing to do (she was very happy too).
Overall; this was probably the best holiday we have had for many years and yesterday to go back again at the same time next year. If you want a great value family holiday without the usual hassle go here, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Pick a superior room it is worth the extra money
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thanks a lot for your opinión.
It´s nice to know you spent your holidays with us and you enjoyed.
We hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just back from a week self catering at the Prinsotel Alba.

Lovely stay. Lovely staff (printed our Ryanair return tickets after we emailed them the pdf ffee of charge - note Ryanair charge if you want to book in more than 7 days before a flight the robbing gits)
Upgraded room when booking to 'Superior Room' and would strongly recommend. Lovely clean and spacious room with great views over the pool. The kitchen area was a little sparse but suited our needs for cold breakfasts and the odd lunchtime sandwich. Apartment cleaned every single day with new towels. Beach towels also available every day.

Spoke with a few people staying all incl who said the food was good but repetitive.

Personally if you can get the right price flights I would go self catering like we did and eat out at the vast array of super restaurants in Cala D'or. The hotel is literally on 100 yards from Cala Gran, and only another 100 yards from the where all the restaurants start.

Excellent place and a very good price

Room Tip: Pick a 'Superior Room'
2  Thank iaint242
prinsotel187463, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thanks for you kindly opinión.
We hope to see you again in Prinsotel.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were very happy in mentioned hotel. Clean, friendly staff and good food.
In the beggining of the season in April/May they should plug on heating.
It can be cold in the apartment during evening and night.

Room Tip: If you need piece, choose room which is not beside pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for this comment.
We hope you enjoyed with us in Prinsotel.