PrimaSol Cala d'Or Gardens
Hotel Cala d'Or(Cala d'Or)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$160
  • Breakfast included
Ses Puntetes Hotel(Cala d'Or)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$61
  • Restaurant
Sentido Tucan(Cala d'Or)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$109
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Sol Cala d'Or by Melia Apartamentos(Cala d'Or)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$68
Melia.com
  • Pool
Barcelo Ponent Playa(Cala d'Or)(Great Value!)
US$94
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments(Cala d'Or)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$70
Apartamentos Parque Mar(Cala d'Or)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$70
  • Pool
Blue Sea Club Martha's(Cala d'Or)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$77
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Hostal Leo D'or(Cala d'Or)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$98
Aparthotel Ses Cases d'Or(Cala d'Or)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$64
roomertravel.com
  • Pool
All reviewsentertainment teamslush puppiesgerman hotelpastakids clubevening entertainmenttaxi ridepool arealovely family hotelchange of scenerymini trainice creamcleaned every dayper dayplenty of choicesnack bargreat holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Firstly, we had a good holiday with plentiful good quality food and pretty cheap, but don't expect service as it is basically
'do it yourself'. Entertainment was poor, no hairdryers, and plastic loungers with no mattress.
No sound proofing so don't accept room in reception block as you hear all comings and goings
throughout the night. I don't think all 3 stars are like this!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 543Rusty
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Myself, partner & our 3 year old daughter have just returned home after staying @ this complex.

As like many reviews before, we was a little dubious upon arrival, however, I find it difficult to relate to many of these petty complaints!!!!!

As I/we can be fussy eaters with buffet style choices, we could not fault the ranges of food available at every seating.

Breakfasts were fine, Yes bacon & eggs were cooked separately, So What!!!!! however if timed right, both would be available to select on the hot plates. Scrambled eggs, beans, every other day they would serve up cocktail pork sausages, but yes, generally they would be frankfurters! "AND"????
Range of Cheeses
Fresh Breads
The Salads were very fresh "and not drizzled in oils". unless the oil drizzler had taken the week off!!!!!!
Endless varied meats, "pork, turkey, chicken, veal, lamb & even a joint of Beef being calved as you waited. Yes some in sauces and some not, but either were nice.
Vegetables, dauphinoise potatoe, varied rices, paella,
Bolognese, carbonara, grilled fresh fish, chicken and so on.
Then their desserts, WOW!
I have stayed in many A/I complexes from European to the Caribbean and I would comfortably say, as for quality and choices available, the food is the best I've experienced, "and this is the cheapest A/I I've stayed in".

Maybe the timing of our trip had helped as we only struggled to get sunbeds on our first day.
The bar staff were friendly and show recognition if you say thank you, in English or better still, in Spanish. "doesn't cost a thing," eh!
Swimming pools were good, I have to admit, I did notice in areas of the pool where other people have left comments about tiles broken off, but not hazardous. This is a 3 star complex not 5!!!!!
Didn't have an issue with those "plastic" sunbeds, they were fine.

Speaking of Plastic, When leaving the restaurant after dinner, we would carry our glasses out with us, so then we could pour our drinks from the plastic cups into the glass.

Accommodation was fine & clean, Hey! "the time you spend in them, why moan"?
Also cleaned every day.
Beaches are very nice.
I seriously do not understand a lot of people that have put down the animacion team!
not only are they working during the hottest parts of the day, but they put on a decent show for all at night to enjoy!
Half of you need to unwind a little more and take it for what it is, and not to expect a West End show!!!!!
And as for those that have mentioned that it's all for the Germans!!!!!! Our week that we had, the entertainment was spoken firstly in Spanish, then English and then German, through all introductions, what is wrong with that????

The three of us have had a great time and will not hesitate to go back when looking for a quick & reasonable priced holiday, We will and have recommended this complex to friends & family.
Especially when we was looking at other locations in Majorca, based on the same criteria and most A/I complexes were 2-3 times more than what we paid for Cala d'or gardens!

For all those people that have complained about the food and being around our European neighbours, I can only say that you must only eat out of your high street take away and a famous burger chain.
What do you expect, "It isn't a UK holiday" you are going to a foreign country, If you want to be surrounded by English then go to Blackpool!!!! (or elsewhere along our coastline)!

14  Thank puppy p
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This was our first experience of an all-inclusive hotel, and I would not hesitate to recommend it! We had a fab time here. The hotel staff are unfailingly helpful and always cheerful and friendly. The animations team deserve medals for their hard work and enthusiasm, they do such an excellent job at entertaining both kids and adults and were great. The food- even though I'm fussy there was always something that I liked and my son loved the food. We stayed over the bank holiday, a very busy time and although it was at times busy around the pool, it did not seem too crowded as people would come and go. Great location for families, Es Forti and Cala Gran beaches very close and Cala D'or marina 20 minute walk, or you can take the cute little train. Can't complain about anything, thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

4  Thank TrickyLondon
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed for 9 days in August and loved it there.Great value for money and upgraded from hb to all inclusive with the hotel.The animation team were great with the kids and we played all the games with them.The shows on a night time were very good and the hotel staff were very friendly.Great location near the beach and a handful of shops and bars in resort.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Leeann T
Reviewed 3 September 2013

In the years of holidaying abroad I have never experienced a better hotel. Everything was so well organised, the place was spotlessly clean,towels changed daily, bed linen changed everyday, the entertainment was superb. The swimming pool was an absolute joy, being on two levels and surrounded with palm trees. We had an all inclusive deal, the food was plentiful, well prepared though somewhat predictable. Bar service was fast and friendly. My wife wants to return there sometime, what more can I say?

Room Tip: Rooms at the opposite end of the hotel entrance are the furthest away from the evening entertainment, which is outside, but ends at 11 am
5  Thank Rick P