Our review is that of a young at heart middle aged couple looking for a relaxing retreat to recharge the batteries, most outstanding reviews for this hotel are based on families sharing an apartment.
As children eat free, and the 'kindergarten' entertainment lasts until 10pm we can fully appreciate how the ratings are so high. This hotel was not for us.
For us the hotel was lacking a grown up feel. At the managers meeting there were 9 buggies occupying the bar/lounge and that was the norm. A lady approached us to say that children were mauling the food in the dining room so we were glad to self cater and eat out.
The look of this hotel is faultless, the grounds are beautiful, however a holiday cannot be based on hotel looks alone. On arrival our kitchen cupboards had cheesy wotsits in it and crumbs on the shelves and the bathroom overflow was surrounded by muck, I guess our standards of cleanliness are very high.
There was limited ventilation, doors along the corridor were shut despite horrendous humidity and heat levels we spoke to both the cleaners and the manager about this and they opened the doors on that day but were closed again the following days. The air con is poor but just adequate. The apartments have a lovely feel about them and are practical. 2 hob rings, a fridge, toaster and kettle. A safe costs about 3 euros per day.
The location is brilliant and we found it cheap to eat out. There is a good butchers outside the hotel and many Spars all are good. Alcoholic drinks are reasonable and very cheap in the supermarkets. There are 3 beaches within walking distance all are good.
If I was a mum again with young children and had a complete disregard for other mature holidaymakers I would have found my niche here. We were surrounded by noisy children who are given free reign by their parents to run up and down the corridor all day and night pressing door buzzers and shouting and screaming. We barely slept, we do not feel that the hotel manager has complete control and this is understandable given the ratio of families to couples which our rep informed us was 3 times higher for families.
We asked for an americano cocktail at the bar my wifes holiday treat ,even after offering to tell them how to make it , we was told that we could only have drinks that were on the bar menu list . We then asked for a campari and soda and was told that they dont stock soda water, we have never failed at any hotel in the world we have travelled to date to get any drink we have requested i feel it is not good enough for a 4 star hotel.
So to sum up ,generally clean hotel perfect location for young families NOT FOR COUPLES LIKE US.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star resort, opened in June 2001, and because of its excellent location, facilities and careful service, make it ideal for couples and families who are looking for a special place for their holidays. At 500m from the beaches of Cala D'Or and Cala Gran and at 300m from the "Cala Llonga" marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your Inturotel Sa Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inturotel Sa Marina & Es Sivinar Hotel Cala d`Or
- Inturotel Sa Marina And Es Sivinar
- Sa Marina Cala Dor
- Sa Marina Aparthotel
- Inturotel Sa Marina Cala D'Or, Majorca