Aparthotel Sa Marina was voted Thomas Cook best property in the Balearics in 2003 and has been winning annual awards for excellence ever since. The place really has the "Wow Factor" and was the most beautiful apartment my Wife and I have ever stayed in!!
Our apartment was beautifully tiled and furnished throughout to a very high standard. Comfortable beds and a stunning bathroom plus the quietest air-conditioning/refrigerator we have ever known! We had requested a quiet room and were allocated 3211......Block 3 is West-facing with garden/pool view. Balcony was perfect to watch the Sunset with a good book and a cold wine/beer.......that`s livin`!
The 2 swimming pools are freshwater( no nasty chemicals) and pool towels/sun-loungers are free. Sun-loungers were always available but in August/School hols it is reportedly a different tale......people duelling at dawn with wet towels!!....only solution would be to allow the garden area to be used for sun-bathing?? The young enthusiastic Dutch entertainment team worked hard to keep both kids and adults occupied through the day/evening.....typical "holiday fun"! Staff throughout the Sa Marina were always smiling, friendly and helpful.
Our stay was 7 nights self-catering.....we were offered on arrival meal rates of breakfast 9.85, half-board 21.95, dinner 13.95 euros pppn. There are 2 reasonably-priced Spar Supermarkets just 2 mins walk away....very convenient. Sa Marina has excellent location and is just 5 mins walk from "The Square" with an abundance of bars/restaurants catering for every taste, or 10 mins walk to the quieter Marina.......so pretty, especially at night.....a place to eat/drink and admire the many stunning boats.......something buy with those Lottery winnings maybe??! Around the Square we ate at Gusto/ Don Leone/ Fernando`s/ La Sivina and at the Marina we ate at Acuarius/ Blanco y Negro......each a bit different but all we would recommend! 2-Course evening meal for 2 adults with good quality wine was 50-60 euros......wonderful value!
Cala D`Or is really pretty with tree-lined narrow streets and white buildings. The different Calas(coves) can be visited via the little Cala D`Or Express or on foot with a map (signs are not great!)......approaches are steep with steps, so people with mobility problems beware! The Calas are beautiful.....wonderful clear blue sea but beaches can be crowded at times!
Shopping is very good......lots of handbags/shoes......my Wife thought it was paradise!! Sunday evening there is a Craft Market near the Square with some unusual stalls.
Cala D`Or/Sa Marina...........WE LOVED IT!!!!.......The Sun even shone for 7 days.....it`s been absent from England this Summer! Definitely a place we will return to......please try it and see!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star resort, opened in June 2001, and because of its excellent location, facilities and careful service, make it ideal for couples and families who are looking for a special place for their holidays. At 500m from the beaches of Cala D'Or and Cala Gran and at 300m from the "Cala Llonga" marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Inturotel Sa Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inturotel Sa Marina & Es Sivinar Hotel Cala d`Or
- Inturotel Sa Marina And Es Sivinar
- Sa Marina Cala Dor
- Sa Marina Aparthotel
- Inturotel Sa Marina Cala D'Or, Majorca