“Excellent chinese meal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 152 Restaurants in Cala d'Or
Price range: US$11 - US$32
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Here in Prosper Private Kitchen, you will have our irresistible Spare Ribs, Beef steak with honey and pepper sauce, and etc. Even with the most well-known chinese dishes like sweet & sour ones, you will find we do different from others you had before. Come here to get surprise and you will get all the satisfaction!We are very close to the entrance of marina from the part of Cala Egos next door to the supermarket SPAR. Please be aware we are NOT fast food Chinese Restaurant. All dishes are cooked freshly to the order. In order to get the best flavor, our cooking method is differnet as others, it takes us many more steps to achieve the dish. Please consider your time, the waiting time depends on how many tables and dishes before you. If you are not in a hurry and would like to stay expecting for enjoying a nice dinner, we will try our best to please you. But, please do not judge us as the general concept of fast food Chinese restaurants for the timing.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent chinese meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had a lovely meal here tonight. Food was outstanding and the staff very helpful. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2014

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Authentic Chinese Food.....absolutely fantastic..!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

This place is a must for anyone who loves proper Chinese food. Family who run it are lovely and are trying to bring their fresh idea of real Chinese food into the mainstream. All food is cooked fresh and only using fresh ingredients no frozen. We had some fantastic salt and pepper spare ribs and chicken and vegetable spring rolls as starter they were accompanied by not one plate of prawn crackers but 2. The mains well amazing. The taste of the special spicy chicken, the lovely chicken with noodles, sweet and sour chicken, chop suey, special yellow curry and another hot chicken dish kung bao I think all with generous portions of egg fried rice. What more I can say well the young lady owner is wonderful explaining the taste and where it comes from even the chef popped out to ask if we enjoyed. All in all a wonderful place to eat and very proud and hard working owners. Good luck to them and their buisness. Everyone should visit to keep it open they go back to Hong Kong in winter doing normal jobs so they can run the restaurant in summer. Prosper... They must..!!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Andrew H
“Outstanding fresh food ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Having previously seen this restaurant on trip advisor, myself and my husband were eager to try Prosper Private Kitchen for ourselves. We were not disappointed and ate here twice during our stay in Cala D'or. I am absolutely certain that we would have visited on many more occasions if it was open a little earlier in the season.
This chinese restaurant offers outstandingly fresh authentic chinese food. Personal recommendations are the crispy wan tans which were fantastic and my husbands favourite which was the chicken in Li shan sauce, a unique dish which you won't find else where.
Prosper Private Kitchen is a family run restaurant and the warmth of the owners shines through. They were thoroughly welcoming and very kind to us.

It was a pleasure to eat here and meet such lovely people. Hopefully we will be back next year. Sending you a big hello from Manchester and wish you all the luck for the rest of the season :-)

2 Thank emmamas
Düsseldorf
“Letter to Mr. Xiang Xu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Dear Mr. Xiang Xu,
as a regular visitor to Cala d'Or until a few years back I have never eaten in your restaurant because I just discovered it on Tripadvisor as a new opening last year. Being a great lover of Chinese cuisine and a frequent traveller to Hong Kong I will come to your restaurant for sure at my next visit to Mallorca, and I am convinced that I will love the food you offer.
What I want to tell you today is to express my great admiration of how you deal with customer's complaints in Tripadvisor and how friendly and extensively you answer to them! This is a very sympathetic and at the same time highly professional behavior which one finds very seldomly on Tripadvisor. One can see and feel how you care about your customers' well-being, and therefore I am convinced that you food is prepared with the same love and care.
I wish you all the best for the success of your restaurant and hope to see you in the next future!
Warm regards
Peter Ricken

Visited May 2013
1 Thank paricken
Elaine_Xu214, Manager at Prosper Chinese Kitchen, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear Mr Peter Ricken,

First of all, I should say sorry to you for being replied  you so late because when our restaurant was close, I did not check the reviews so frequently.

I really really appreciate every word of your letter. To tell you the truth, I have read it hundreds of times, but last time when I was reading it, I still could not help to have the feeling to cry out. Because all the sentences made me think about all the period of happiness and suffering.

The past one year was tough for us.
But comparing with the stress, I got more hugs from people, people shared their experience and happiness with me. And also, people got to know more what chinese gastronomy culture is.

It was you and so many people´s encouragement that makes us keep going, doing this bussiness is not only for making money, the satisfaction of the people will bring me most of the happiness.

Thank you so much.

Best Regards
Xiang
Invergarry, United Kingdom
“The Best Chinese I have had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Went to Cala d'Or with my family on holiday in October 2013 and we decided we would visit this restaurant based on its fantastic reviews on trip advisor and we were not disappointed if anything I would say that it is the best Chinese meal I have ever had and only wish they delivered to the Highlands of Scotland, the waitress we had was very friendly and explained the dishes we had when we inquired about some of the sauces, it felt like I was dining at home as it had that warm homely feeling about the place.

we ate from this restaurant 3 time during our stay and would highly recommend it we will most certainly be back.

• Visited October 2013