My boyfriend and I (both in our twenties) stayed at this hotel between the 27 June and 01 July 2013. We were hoping for an all inclusive, relaxing break in the sun at a reasonable cost. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay. The Gavimar Ariel Chico Hotel y Apartamentos is a fairly large complex covering 2 sites directly across the road from each other. There are 2 smaller quieter pools and one larger busier pool. The whole hotel is clean and looks fairly modern.
We stayed in an apartment with a kitchenette; bathroom with a shower over the bath; a sofa-bed, TV and dining table and chairs in the living area and a separate bedroom. Our room also had a large balcony. The room was large and very clean with ample facilities for those who are self-catering. I felt that the soft furnishings could do with up dating but this was only a minor issue.
All meals are served buffet style.
Breakfast was served between approx 8 and 10:15am. It included a good variety to suit all tastes including full English breakfast, cereals and a continental option with cooked meats and there were often croissants and pancakes made fresh in front of you.
Lunch was served between 1pm and 2:30pm, there was plenty of choice including a few selections of meat and chips/rice/pasta and often fresh paella, fresh baguettes and cooked meats.
Dinner was served between 6pm and 9pm and again there was a good amount of choice.
There was always plenty of food and we never felt rushed. Although the food was not gourmet, it was very good for a 3 star hotel.
Drinks are self service for all inclusive guests for soft drinks, fruit juice, coffee, wine and beer, cocktails and spirits are poured for you and though not great they do the trick! I don't think I saw any English breakfast tea but we took some teabags with us.
The Service: The service from the staff at the hotel was very good. They all appeared to be hard working and helpful when asking for advice and and some would go further, making conversation and having banter with us, which was nice. We were really impressed with the whole animation team who worked really long hours to entertain all the guests. They provided a good variety of activities during the day including, water polo; volley ball; aqua keep fit; french bowls and mini-golf as well as activities for children. At night they provided a mini-disco for children, which they seemed to love and there was a good variety of evening entertainment. There were guests at the hotel from many different European countries and the team did well to include all the guests, often speaking in at least 4 different languages.
The Location: The hotel is located less than 500m to a beautiful, clean sandy beach (but slightly busy) and surrounded by a good selection of shops, bars and restaurants. Cala D'Or is a lovely town. There is not a huge selection of night life, from what we saw, but there were a handful of clubs/ bars that stayed open into the early hours.
Overall, a comfortable stay with exactly what we expected from a 3 star all inclusive hotel and we would recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Attractive three-star Club and Resort located in Cala d'Or, in a beautiful and peaceful area just 50 m from the beach. Fully air-conditioned. Large gardens. Reception open 24 hours, bar, pub, TV room, restaurant with buffet serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. 5 Swimming pools with children's area, sun loungers and parasols. Entertainment team with a daily programe for adults and children. Miniclub. Sauna, solarium, table tennis, squash, volleyball, billiards, boccia (some of the a.M. May have a surcharge). Free WiFi Internet access at the lounge. Wifi Internet access available all over the complex, both in public areas as in the rooms with a small surcharge. Comprehends Hotel double rooms as well as 1 bedroom Apartments, 2 bedroom Apartments and also Studios. The hotel rooms are nicely decorated with a bathroom, direct dial telephone*, air condition, central heating, safe*, Satelite TV, balcony or terrace (depending on the type of room). The Apartments and Studios, added to the room facilities, they all have an equiped kitchenette with electric rings, a toaster, a kettle and a fridge. A Microwave can also be provided under request. *Fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Superbreak UK, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Gavimar Ariel Chico Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Ariel Hotel Cala d`Or
- Aparthotel Ariel Cala d Or
- Gavimar Ariel Chico Club Resort Cala D'Or, Majorca