Decided to book a last minute holiday due to work constraints , having booked last minute holidays before and had awful experience was not expecting much . The week was great , weather was fab ( always helps ) but the actual resort was great . Hotel very close to beach approx 2 min stroll . Our apartment over looked the mini golf we were told on arrival , what they didnt say was it had a lovely view of the beach !
I had booked AI as we had our 4 yr old with us and didn`t want the harassment of trailing a tired child around the resort in the evenings finding a suitable restaurant . I had read some of the trip advisor reviews concerning the food and decided to take a cross the board view as I work in a tourist based museum so have plenty of experience of some peoples exaggerated expectations
We found the restaurant had plenty of space there are three defined areas , the staff work very hard and very long hours but are always smiling and helpful . The food was always varied and plentiful I wont go into details as if your reading this you will read others who go into great detail but all three of us enjoyed the food , it was also great to be able to serve yourself with drinks .
There are three pool areas , we used the main pool that has the large outside bar and entertainment area . There ware always sun loungers available even if you had to move them from a different area of pool . The children`s pool was great although after the first day our little girl had mastered her armbands and was off exploring the main pool with her new friends.
Animation team also worked hard with all the activities on offer but they didn`t push it on to you and were all pleasant , we have been to other hotels and found them to intrusive and loud. There is a great children`s club and the animation team go out of there way to keep the children happy ie happy children happy parents . We spoke to many guest and even the ones without children all expressed their pleasure with the hotel,resort and food etc .
The evening entertainment was at times bizarre ( the 4 yr old loved it !!!! ) but didn`t detract from an all together great holiday .
The rooms probably could do with an upgrade but ours was basic and clean , had all we needed and as we only slept , washed and changed in it was more than adequate . You can pay much more for your accommodation in Cala d`or but i don`t think you would beat this hotel for value for money with lovely pools ,friendly staff ,accessibility to beach and resort with great food and self serve drinks ( alcohol included )
This is the first hotel we have ever considered booking again and we have stayed in some lovely hotels over the years but again as i`ve stated enjoyed the whole experience at this hotel and would return happily .
If your expectations are for 4* and above then you may get disappointed if your expectations and experience lend you towards 3* then you will be delighted .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Attractive three-star Club and Resort located in Cala d'Or, in a beautiful and peaceful area just 50 m from the beach. Fully air-conditioned. Large gardens. Reception open 24 hours, bar, pub, TV room, restaurant with buffet serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. 5 Swimming pools with children's area, sun loungers and parasols. Entertainment team with a daily programe for adults and children. Miniclub. Sauna, solarium, table tennis, squash, volleyball, billiards, boccia (some of the a.M. May have a surcharge). Free WiFi Internet access at the lounge. Wifi Internet access available all over the complex, both in public areas as in the rooms with a small surcharge. Comprehends Hotel double rooms as well as 1 bedroom Apartments, 2 bedroom Apartments and also Studios. The hotel rooms are nicely decorated with a bathroom, direct dial telephone*, air condition, central heating, safe*, Satelite TV, balcony or terrace (depending on the type of room). The Apartments and Studios, added to the room facilities, they all have an equiped kitchenette with electric rings, a toaster, a kettle and a fridge. A Microwave can also be provided under request. *Fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Gavimar Ariel Chico Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Ariel Hotel Cala d`Or
- Aparthotel Ariel Cala d Or
- Gavimar Ariel Chico Club Resort Cala D'Or, Majorca