Fast, friendly efficient check in, in fact, everyone from the top to the bottom were friendly and cheerful. A little problem first night. Our rooms were on the front of the building across the street from the entertainment area. There was a female singer who was very enthusiastic and very loud. I'm sure she could have been good if she hadn't been trying to impersonate Maria Carey and Whitney Houston. We had two small children with us who, because of the noise, did not get to sleep until very late. Went to reception next morning - problem solved, rooms changed. Rooms good and serviced every day, although it was more of a tidying rather than cleaning.
The restaurant was typical of most AI hotels but the choice of food was always good and generally hot and constantly replenished. Waiting staff and chefs seemed very attentive to everyone's needs. Self service drinks in restaurant and in bars but bar staff available on the patio and in the bar in the evening.
Entertainment staff very good, especially Nelly who ran the kids club and the mini disco. There was one day when there was techno music playing in the afternoon on the patio even though all the people sitting there were mature and obviously wanted to sit and relax. Mentioned to the entertainment team and - no problem - music changed to something ambient.
Overall a good experience in what I consider a slightly better AI hotel and good value.
All reception staff excellent, especially Cheryl, lovely sense of humour; especially when faced (not literally) with the problem of 3 large naked German gentlemen in the steam room.
One thing which rankled but is difficult to resolve was smoking. Because all the entertainment is outside on the patio there are a lot of smokers. It was pretty bad for all the children and difficult to avoid. There should be an area where smoking is not permitted. I'm an ex-smoker so I do sympathise with them but it shouldn't be too difficult to arrange.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Attractive three-star Club and Resort located in Cala d'Or, in a beautiful and peaceful area just 50 m from the beach. Fully air-conditioned. Large gardens. Reception open 24 hours, bar, pub, TV room, restaurant with buffet serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. 5 Swimming pools with children's area, sun loungers and parasols. Entertainment team with a daily programe for adults and children. Miniclub. Sauna, solarium, table tennis, squash, volleyball, billiards, boccia (some of the a.M. May have a surcharge). Free WiFi Internet access at the lounge. Wifi Internet access available all over the complex, both in public areas as in the rooms with a small surcharge. Comprehends Hotel double rooms as well as 1 bedroom Apartments, 2 bedroom Apartments and also Studios. The hotel rooms are nicely decorated with a bathroom, direct dial telephone*, air condition, central heating, safe*, Satelite TV, balcony or terrace (depending on the type of room). The Apartments and Studios, added to the room facilities, they all have an equiped kitchenette with electric rings, a toaster, a kettle and a fridge. A Microwave can also be provided under request. *Fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Superbreak UK, Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Stayforlong S.L., Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Gavimar Ariel Chico Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Ariel Hotel Cala d`Or
- Aparthotel Ariel Cala d Or
- Gavimar Ariel Chico Club Resort Cala D'Or, Majorca