We are the family with 1 and 3 years old and have been looking for family friendly hotel in Cala D'or. The location and the hotel are very good for families with young children. Our room has been in the quiet part of the complex. Large and medium pool have small pools for children with little fountains, though without the lifeguard. There were mostly French and German families with children and the main evening entertainment was mini disco at 8:45, followed by either Bingo, parrot show, circus show at 9:30, or live singing on Sunday. There is mini club (from 4 years old) within the hotel facilities, so parents can leave kids there to do some activities, crafts, watch movies with members of entertainment team Andy and Nelly.
The food was nice, plenty of choice, even for very fussy eaters. Drinks were good too, especially Sangria; friendly bar staff, especially Abraham and Raquel. Once there was champagne at breakfast time, French champagne party with different snacks and drinks, and other traditional drinks at dinner time.
There are many activities by the main pool- aquarobics at 12:00, cocktail show at lunchtime, water polo at 15:00, Zumba with Radustina (Joy) at the gym at 16:00, dancing classes at 18:00 There are little entertainment machines around the hotel, mini football, billiard just for 1 euro, mini golf, playground.
The location is the heart of Cala D'or: 5 minutes walk to Cala Gran beach, 5 minutes walk to Tropical Garden bar with live entertainment every night at 21:45 (ABBA, Take That, etc.). There are mini funfairs down the road with racing cars and bouncing castles. Plenty of shops with souvenirs, supermarkets, ice creams, fish spa for feet 13 euros for 20 minutes, Star Fish glass bottom boat for 20 euros, Cala D'or express train for 2 euros each way.
The hotel checkout time is 11 am, but there is an option for late check out for 35 euros with all inclusive facility extended for 10 euros for a day. There is safety box in the room for 3 euros a day with 5 euros refundable deposit.
This was our second trip to Cala D'or for 7 days and with small children we could not visit Aqualand, Marineland (dolphins show), Caves as we did before. Most of our time we have spent at the hotel which was our best choice. Clean, relatively quiet, with friendly and helpful staff. There were always free sunbeds to use by the large pool. Beds were as good as orthopaedic beds.
Definitely would recommend this hotel to families with small children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Attractive three-star Club and Resort located in Cala d'Or, in a beautiful and peaceful area just 50 m from the beach. Fully air-conditioned. Large gardens. Reception open 24 hours, bar, pub, TV room, restaurant with buffet serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. 5 Swimming pools with children's area, sun loungers and parasols. Entertainment team with a daily programe for adults and children. Miniclub. Sauna, solarium, table tennis, squash, volleyball, billiards, boccia (some of the a.M. May have a surcharge). Free WiFi Internet access at the lounge. Wifi Internet access available all over the complex, both in public areas as in the rooms with a small surcharge. Comprehends Hotel double rooms as well as 1 bedroom Apartments, 2 bedroom Apartments and also Studios. The hotel rooms are nicely decorated with a bathroom, direct dial telephone*, air condition, central heating, safe*, Satelite TV, balcony or terrace (depending on the type of room). The Apartments and Studios, added to the room facilities, they all have an equiped kitchenette with electric rings, a toaster, a kettle and a fridge. A Microwave can also be provided under request. *Fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gavimar Ariel Chico Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Ariel Hotel Cala d`Or
- Aparthotel Ariel Cala d Or
- Gavimar Ariel Chico Club Resort Cala D'Or, Majorca