I booked this resort for safety and with the hope that there enough to keep myself and teenage daughter happy. This was an excellent choice! The hotel is central without the noise, the rooms are basic but clean, the hotel is kept very clean too. We stayed AI, and I was pleased we had because the cost of eating out was not cheap .The hotel food varied; at times good, great breakfasts, but poor lunches, thank goodness for the snack bar! The staff were extremely hard working, friendly, helpful in particular Abraham,Marilyn,Pablo, with the entertainment team trying so hard too, Stefano and Sylvia were great !
We had a fantastic holiday , in the hotel everyone was very friendly, this was a great mix of French, Dutch, Germany & English, my daughter made lovely friends, and everyone was always friendly.
The Tropical Gardens is a must, such a great place and 5 mins away, tribute acts every night, great atmosphere and an escape from the usual AI nighttime entertainment!
Cala d'or has something for everyone, great shops, lovely restaurants, cafes. The Petit Port - Marina is also a must, it felt like being in Monte Carlo.,
The Cala Gran beach was literally just out of the hotel, it is a small and very busy cove, no personal space at all, but the sea was clear and cool.
The hotel is a little old fashioned, and could do with a make over, especially the public toilets for the pool and bar, simply inadequate and not cleaned enough to service a full hotel.
The pool was fantastic but sadly the actual surrounding space was not spacious so rather cramped, and at times no space between sunbeds.
We still enjoyed this, and would return simply because of the location, and staff who really made a huge effort to ensure you had a good holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Attractive three-star Club and Resort located in Cala d'Or, in a beautiful and peaceful area just 50 m from the beach. Fully air-conditioned. Large gardens. Reception open 24 hours, bar, pub, TV room, restaurant with buffet serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. 5 Swimming pools with children's area, sun loungers and parasols. Entertainment team with a daily programe for adults and children. Miniclub. Sauna, solarium, table tennis, squash, volleyball, billiards, boccia (some of the a.M. May have a surcharge). Free WiFi Internet access at the lounge. Wifi Internet access available all over the complex, both in public areas as in the rooms with a small surcharge. Comprehends Hotel double rooms as well as 1 bedroom Apartments, 2 bedroom Apartments and also Studios. The hotel rooms are nicely decorated with a bathroom, direct dial telephone*, air condition, central heating, safe*, Satelite TV, balcony or terrace (depending on the type of room). The Apartments and Studios, added to the room facilities, they all have an equiped kitchenette with electric rings, a toaster, a kettle and a fridge. A Microwave can also be provided under request. *Fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Gavimar Ariel Chico Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Ariel Hotel Cala d`Or
- Aparthotel Ariel Cala d Or
- Gavimar Ariel Chico Club Resort Cala D'Or, Majorca