1,391 results
All reviews tennis club thomson gold thomson reps gold hotel alter ego apple crumble cala egos resident band garden area evening entertainment older generation superior room average age head waiter age group older guests lovely hotel
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This review is based on what I like and expect from my holiday. It has been a long time since I have been on a package holiday, and this May with Thomson Gold and my family we visited the Rocamarina. The hotel is exceptionally clean and well maintained. The pool is a nice size, the staff are friendly attentive and welcoming, the service is good, the bedrooms are a nice size. This hotel caters in my opinion for people that enjoy home from home food, such as, curry, bread and butter pudding, crumble, english cooked breakfast etc whilst on holiday - there are few spanish delights to sample. The evening entertainment consists of Muscial hits nights and Tom Jones evenings, unfortunately not to my taste at all, what I would call tacky and in my opinion really lowered the tone of the hotel. The hotel when we were staying had an older customer base and I felt the food, entertainment and tone of the holiday was aimed much more towards those customers. The area where the hotel is, is fairly quiet, with a nice beach. We hired a car and explored the area. For me it reconfirmed package holidays are not for me, and I will not be ever going on a Thomson Gold holiday again, nor visiting the Rocamarina for as long as it remains as a thomson gold package holiday.

Room Tip: Higher the better - none of the low rooms get any sun on the balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Skiathos1
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is our third visit to the Rocamarina and it just gets better. All the staff are so welcoming and efficient. From Reception, to the Maitre d, the waiting and bar staff and the cleaners. Just superb. The room was brilliant and clean. The pool area likewise. We watched 3 of the evening acts. The Beatles tribute and Il Divo tribute were just superb as was the group of Soul Singers. The other evenings we chose to go for walks. For good food and relaxation you can't beat it. Just a quick flight and no wasted time.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to let the Maitre d know where you would like to sit in the restaurant and he will do all he can to help.
3  Thank JandASKent
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Sadly, the weather was very iffy. We were at the Rocamarina for just a week, 14th -- 21st May, as we were in the middle of selling our house and packing for the move, but most of the time is was cloudy and cool, sometimes with showers or heavy rain, and only occasionally with blue skies and sunshine. We had previously stayed here in 1999 and had good memories of the hotel and resort -- we rarely go back to the same place, preferring to visit new places.

The staff were brilliant and our room was spotless, well equipped and comfortable, and the staff were all very helpful and friendly -- couldn't fault them. The evening entertainment was excellent -- a good laugh, excellent singing and music.

Some of the food was excellent -- wonderful choice of fruits and cooked food for breakfast, and the cold hors d'oeuvres at dinner were delicious. But some of the main courses were luke warm and very bland. I had cod in batter one night -- the cod was full of bones, the batter soggy, the chips and vegetables were soggy and luke warm and the plates were cold. Food cooked to order was a different matter -- well cooked and hot, but of course you had to queue for that!

A final gripe was that use of the internet and wifi was charged for -- everywhere we go these days there's free wifi, even in a third world place like Goa. We could get free wifi in some of the cafes and restaurants nearby, but not in the Rocamarina! We needed to check progress with our house sale and purchase, so we needed to use email and the internet quite often. The management could offer this as a free service for all their customers!

OK, so we were unlucky with the weather, and had a few gripes about the food and lack of free wifi, but we did enjoy our stay, and would recommend the Rocamarina to couples without children.

1  Thank HowieD101
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My husband has visited Cala D'or/ Cala Egos since he was a teenager and now 31 wanted to show me how much of a beautiful place it is to holiday.

I was stunned, after being used to the greek islands, I noticed how pretty and clean everything is in Majorca.

The Hotel was beautiful, everything was spotless. The staff were so friendly and would go out of their way to help you.

The only downside was the uncontrolled queuing for sunbeds first thing in the morning. There was a barrier which meant no reserving and this was opened at 9am each morning which meant everyone pushed and shoved to get a bed.. I was very surprised no one was hurt during this, good job we could have a giggle between ourselves though..

The food was gorgeous, not once did we not find anything we didn't like. My husband tried a bit of the famous curries each night and loved them, I did the same with the bread & butter pudding :)

The rooms were spotless and nice and roomy, couldn't ask for more..

The bits of entertainment we saw were brilliant but being a younger couple we ventured out into Cala D'or on most nights which is what I loved the most. The marina was stunning and nothing I'd seen before.

All in all was a perfect holiday and I would love to go back... :)

If I can help with any further questions, please feel free to contact me

Room Tip: Try and get a pool view room
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Livelylinzi
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I have just returned from Calor d'Or Mallorca, Hotel Rocamarina excellent hotel for the fun loving couples no children in a nice location close to shops, bars and eateries although every thing is catered for on the food and drink side, entertainment second to none we were there 10 nights only seen one act twice staff pleasent and hard working rooms nice and spacious. Swimming nice size and plenty of sun beds also plenty of outside table and chairs.

Room Tip: all the corriders were carpeted so no noisey stillettos clomping by your room silent closing doors (how nice)
3  Thank CoventryTrevorb