“Very enjoyable holiday in a clean and well run hotel”

Gavimar La Mirada Club Resort
Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Cala d'Or
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable holiday in a clean and well run hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed as a family of 4 (two boys aged 8 and 5) on an all inclusive basis for 11 nights (we returned on 5th August). The hotel was small but a perfect size for us as we could keep tabs on the boys whereabouts without worrying they were getting lost. The pools were very clean and a good size. Yes the sun bed saga was a bit of a pain but it is the same in most hotels this size and it certainly didn't spoil the holiday. We always managed to get a couple of sun beds by the main or kids pool. What let the hotel down were the guests that took sun beds even for their kids who were in the pool all day and didn't need them, but that is just guests being greedy and the hotel were not in a position to control this. Although my kids didn't do the mini club as they preferred the pool activities, the ladies who ran it were lovely and really went out of their way to look after the children and provide fun activities. The rest of the animation team were also fab and my boys loved joining in most of the activities offered and were always made to feel very welcome. I managed to read 4 books on my sun lounger they were so entertained. Food was consistently of a high standard with a huge selection of salads. Drinks also went down well and the rose and white wine went down well. My husband a huge fan of the cruzcampo beer! The hotel itself was spotless, the staff worked so hard but always were approachable and friendly. We would happily return to this hotel, thanks for a great holiday!

1 Thank Emma B
Gavimar_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Gavimar La Mirada Club Resort, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Emma,
thank you ever so much for your very kind review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed a great holiday together with your family and that you consider to return to our hotel. thanks for your remarks about the friendliness of our staff and entertainers and that your boys loved joining in the activities offered by our entertainment team. If you have special wishes or need some more information for a next visit please do not hesitate to contact us: gisela.w@gavimar-hotels.com

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Just came back from our holiday ,with 2 children(4&7).We had best holiday ever,everything there is what every family really needs.Food was really good(mexican,chineese nights)and even my boys who are Real fussy eaters were over the moon as they had a lot of snacks between (like toasts with ham and cheese)and tones of ice-creams.a lot of activities during the day for all ages.there is a pool for babies,small and older children.couldn't choose better hotel for the family.100%recommendation.animation team and staff are doing outstanding job.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mary,
We thank you very much for the very kind remarks you have made about our hotel. We are very pleased that you and your family enjoyed a fantastic time here with us and will be passing on your praises to all of our hotel staff and entertainers. We thank you for your recommendation and would take great pleasure to be able to welcome you once again to our hotel.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Just come back from holiday with my partner and our 2 children aged 4 and 8 and had a great time. The hotel is situated in Calais Egos just outside Calais D'or which you can get to via the express train for €2 per person and is a fantastic day out.
Pro's : Hotel rooms are remarkably clean as is the hotel itself. The hotel staff are really friendly and helpfull. The food is served throughout the day and is very nice, there is a good variety on offer and also themed nights. The activities and animation staff are excellent. The entertainment at night was really good which included a reptile show, variety performance, parrot show, minidisco, acrobatic show and bingo on the animation staff day off. The hotel is just outside a square with restaurants and bars so there are places to go and it's not noisy at night.

Cons: The lifts must have broke at least 5 times during our week stay. This happened when I was leaving and resulted in me carrying 3 suitcases down 4 flights of stairs. There was a lack of space around the pool for the amount of guests and there seemed to be a rule that if you put a towel on a parasol that automatically guarenteed you sunbeds and the pool area. Getting a sunbed was a tense experience every morning and should be looked into. Maybe make it a rule of first come first served for the guests actually waiting by the sunbeds every morning rather than the lazy sods who put towels down and go back to bed.

Overall I would definitely go back to La Miranda and would recommend this hotel to families with young children.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Dave D
Gavimar_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Gavimar La Mirada Club Resort, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Dave,
we are very pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed a really good holiday at our La Mirada hotel and will be passing on your praises to all of our hotel staff and entertainers. We thank you for your advise regarding lifts and reservation of sunbeds. We are convinced that you will notice the improvements in your next holidays with us. We are looking forward to seeing you and your family again and hope that all goes well for you till then.
please do not hesitate to contact us for any special wishes or assistance for a next visit,
kindest regards from Cala Egos and Cala d' Or
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

He stayed here from 11th July - 21st July.
I travelled with my husband, and twins aged just over (2 1/2)
On arrival we were told our room was ready so headed straight there, and was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room along with the facilities in the room (i.e kettle, toaster, hairdryer etc) Once we'd changed we had our first experience in the restaurant. Out of all of the holiday this was the only negative that we found. Breakfast was good (apart from cereals I wish id have taken some cereal my children would have eaten), and what you would expect of a Spanish hotel, it was the lunch and evening meals, although there was a menu listed outside the restaurant that told you what was going to be served. This helped as to whether you ate your 'proper meal' at the tea time snack, where there was always toasties :) and chips!!! (as this wasn't a guarantee on the other meal times.
I really want to thank the staff in the restaurant & bar, they were fantastic with our children who most certainly never sat still, but the staff were smiling all day long and always happy.
The pool was clean and tidy, (busy with the sun beds) but we knew about this and just went down early to guarantee a sunbed by the children's pool.
The entertainment staff were also amazing always trying to get all the children involved, and mine loved the mini disco even though they didn't always participate.
The reception staff were also always friendly and smiling, and even tried to help when my son knocked his tooth out in the restaurant to check if he was ok to eat and drink normally, because of his age and they knew I was concerned.
We met some great families on the holiday who were all enjoying the holiday like us, just shared the same concerns regarding the food.
Overall I have marked it as very good, because for the price we paid, it was very good. we all enjoyed our selves and given the right price we would return as a family.

Room Tip: we asked for a quiet room and was given 411. It was a quiet for our hotel, but next to the entertain...
Dear Kelly,
We are gratified that you have taken the opportunity to evaluate in such detail our hotel. We are very pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that your twins loved the mini-disco. thank you ever so much for the very nice remarks you have made about our staff in reception, restaurant and bar and our entertainers. We will be passing on your praises to them.
We leave you with the hope to be able to welcome you and your family once again to our hotel. If you have special wishes or need any assistance for a next visit please do not hesitate to contact us:
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Myself and 9 year old daughter have just returned from an enjoyable holiday at the Gavimar La Mirada hotel situated in the resort of Cala Egos.

The location of the hotel is 10 out of 10, it is literally a 2 minute walk to the beach and 2 minute walk to a small sucession of shops and restaurants.

The beautiful marina is about a 15 minute walk, located near the beach area.(this is a must see)

The food at the hotel is adequate and as other guests have mentioned there is always somthing to eat.

The animation team work very hard and try and involve everyone. However, I do feel the hotel needs to upgrade their evening entertainment which is very poor and in my opinion lets the hotel down. I feel if they were to introduce some outside acts, the enetertainment would step up a gear. I don't think the animation team dressing up and miming makes way for a good evenings entertainment. Also, bingo I feel is a very lazy way of entertaining guests!!!

My other little gripe was the sunbed situation, which other guests have also commented on.
I found myself on some occasions, going to the beach on a morning to get away from the tustle for sunbeds. I feel the hotel creates the stressful situation of getting a sunbed by locking them up on an evening.

That said, we did have an enjoyable holiday meeting some very nice people...
A special thankyou to Loli who works on reception for the quick fix remedy for Jelly fish stings.
Perhaps this is somthing to look out for when heading to the beach.

The hotel is what it says it is, a 3 star hotel, in a great location with some nice food and good staff. A few tweeks and it could be a great hotel.

Thanks to everyone we met for making a positive contribution to our holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view and high floor.. our request was granted
Thank Faye748 .
Dear Faye,
thank you ever so much for the very kind remarks you have made about the good location of our hotel, nice food and friendly staff. We are very pleased that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay here with us. We will be passing on your praises to all of our hotel staff and entertainers.
your suggestions in improving our hotel have been noted and have been communicated to the relevant departments.
If you need any assistance for a next visit please do not hesitate to contact us: gisela.w@gavimar-hotels.com
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The main thing to say about the Mirada is that I had a wonderful family holiday staying there, yes there are little problems but overall I would say here again.

I booked my holiday through jet2 holidays and found it a really good value holiday.

We went all inclusive and found the food good. There is a limited choice compared to the big hotels but it was generally good quality. The hotel is listening to feed back and while we where staying they started producing a kids option for lunch and dinner. This was then being eaten by the fussy eaters. There was always a very good selection of salad and fruit with a meat and fish option. The chef was also asking guests for feed back.

The rooms were clean and basic. We were given a ground floor garden room which was in a perfect position next to the kids club. It allowed my daughter to have access to the garden area whole I relaxed on the balcony. It also made it easier with a push chair. There was also no noise from the evening entertainment.

The entertainment team was very good. There was lots of activities for kids and adults. All the team worked very hard. All the other staff where pleasant and always seemed busy. The hotel is very well positioned with the es forti beach 1 minute to the right and the centre of cala e'gos 1 minute to the left.

Now for the bad bit, the area around the pool is limited for space. They lock the sun beds up until 9am, not that this deterred the more ingenious guests whom decided to take parasols and stake there claims. The Brits abroad out did themselves with their ignorance and selfish attitudes. As there was quiet a few big family groups people would take up whole sections of the pool area with no regard for others. These groups would never have all the loungers in use at the same time. I decided not to fight it out in the mad rush but go in the raised area that seemed to have beds free all or the time. For any on wanting to fight it out the loungers start getting unlocked at around 8:54!! Please check out the photos of the rush. The only solution would be to maybe make a splash area at the back by the kids club to draw people away from the main pool.

I would recommend this hotel for families and would gladly return. It's a very good value hotel and a 3 *+.

• Stayed July 2014
Gavimar_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Gavimar La Mirada Club Resort, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear guests,
We thank you for the very kind remarks you have made about our hotel and your recommendation for families. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed a wonderful family holiday and that you consider to stay here again. We are glad that you appreciated the food offered with salads, fruit, fish and meat and the kids option for lunch and dinner. We will be passing your praises to all of our hotel staff, especially to our chef of the kitchen , and to our entertainers. We thank you for your suggestion of a splash area by the kids club in order to draw people away from the main pool. We would be delighted if you do decide to come back and visit us again in the not too distant future.
If you have any questions or special wishes for a next visit please do not hesitate to contact us:
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We returned 2 days ago from a week at La Mirada, we chose the hotel based on the positive reviews on this site. Our opinion is that this is a super hotel. The food choice and quality were excellent at every meal, you would have to be incredibly fussy to not be able to find something. the childrens buffet which offered chicken nuggets, chips, pasta and other favourites was always well attended. The staff were very helpful and friendly, particularly one of the waiters who kindly sourced some bananas for my fussy 4 year old when none were out, there was every other variety of fruit I might add.
we found the air con to be fine, granted it is not like blasting your car air con, but you could definitely feel the cool air when entering the room.
The animacion team were good fun and all very friendly, with an encouraging but no pressure approach.
I would like to add that the ladies who clean the rooms deserve a special mention, ours was very clean, in fact the whole hotel was.
The beach nearby is lovely, quite small but nicer in my opinion than the one to the left of the hotel which is flanked by hotels, make sure you have suitable footwear as the sand gets incredibly hot, as do the tiles at the pool, easily remedied by flip flops.
Okay, yes it is irritating but if you want a sunbed in a particular place you have to get in early, personally I thought it was quite pleasant to sit on the edge of the pool to watch the children if I wasnt in with them, and we had sunbeds on the top terrace.
all in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, regards to the chef, I would recommend it.

Room Tip: 4th floor even numbers should be quieter as they face away from the rentertainment
1 Thank Julie J
Dear Julie,
thank you ever so much for the very kind remarks you have made about our hotel. We are really pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and will be passing on your praises to all of our hotel staff and entertainers. We thank you for your recommendation and leave you with the hope to be able to welcome you and your family here with us on another occasion.
if you need any assistance for a next visit please do not hesitate to contact us: