Our party consisted of two adults & 3 children aged 15, 7 & 3 years old (all girls) and our holiday was from 22/08 till 04/09.
We booked directly with the hotel & found correspondence quick & co-operative. Upon confirming our booking we were required to pay 20% with the balance being payed the day before we travelled.
As with our previous holiday we booked a private transfer with JANERBUS, which cost €210, including child seats. Travel time from the airport took about 35-40mins.
We arrived at the apartments at midday and the reception was quiet and we received prompt & polite service. However, we were told that because our eldest daughter was 15 she was classed as an adult and we were requested to pay an additional fee. Fortunately, I had a copy of our booking which clearly stated the children's ages & the cost and to be fair they agreed, without fuss, to honour the booking.
Prior to our arrival we had requested a room in Block B on either the 2nd or 3rd floor. Our room was on the 2nd floor of block B facing out onto the adjacent apartments & garden area, so we were very happy. Of the 116 apartments in the complex, I counted about 20 which had pool views. So I feel you need to be realistic when when placing your requests. I have seen the photos of the basement apartments & feel that if these should be offered at a reduced rate to all the others.
Ours was a 'standard' apartment and we found it to be clean & well kept, although it did require a bit of a makeover. As there were five of us, we did find that we had limited storage space. One large wardrobe in the bedroom (plenty of hangers), two bedside tables & a dressing table. We placed the extra bed in the bedroom and whilst it was a little cramped, we found the space quite manageable.
The living area was adequate and my daughter didn't complain about sofa bed, I won't go into the details as you can view all this on the website. One thing I will say is that although we were half board I think it will be a struggle if you were self catering as the hob & sink area is quite cramped. There was also no drain board and you had to rely on an absorbent mat under the rack.
As mentioned, we stayed half board and whilst we found the food to be edible, there was limited choice and often we struggled with getting the kids to eat and you often found the food to have dried up under the heat lamps.
We never had any issues with any of the staff during our stay. A small hardworking team who were always happy to please and we would like to thank Rudy, Iñaki, Claudia, Andrea & Melany for making it such a pleasant stay. As mentioned in other reviews the prices are pretty high but we never found them to be extortionate. We had read about a lot of kids getting ear infections from the pool & took precautions. Whilst we were there we heard further stories of several kids with ear infections but never once seen any maintenance guys checking the quality of the pool water. I have rated overall cleanliness as 'average' & this is purely down to the pool. All other communal areas & the apartments were kept very clean.
Our small children loved the kids club & the Animación team. Once again, many thanks to Magda, Jessi, Edwin & Maximo. However, a note for the team, some of sketches in the 'comedy' show we found to be too sexually provocative considering the young captive audience and we felt they were totally inappropriate.
I'm afraid we were not blown away by the resort. In recent years our holidays have been to the North of the island, Puerto Pollensa & the Port of Alcudia, both of which have huge stretches of beaches . We only visited the beaches at Cala Esmerelda, Cala Gran & Cala D'or and whilst they very scenic they we were small & very busy. One thing I would like to point out to the elderly or those who have a disability. If you exit the apartment from the rear, the road which leads into the town is quite hilly & the pavements are in need of repair.
All in all, we loved the apartments but more than likely will not return because we were not that keen on the resort, however, never say never and once again, many thanks to all the staff at The Cala D'or Playa Apartments
Please get in touch if you need any further information
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cala d'Or Playa Aparthotel is in a quiet residential area in Cala d'Or. It is located between Cala Gran beach and Cala Esmeralda beach (both are around 350 metres from the Aparthotel), and is only a few minutes' walk to the central shopping area.Ideal for families with children, it has areas specially designed for kids, as well as entertainment for children and special events.The apartments are spacious, comfortable and well-equipped. You will be able to relax on your terrace or balcony overlooking the pool or the gardens, making your holiday unforgettable.The Aparthotel has 116 apartments, 32 of which have been totally renewed in 2013. It has 2 blocks, with 4 and 3 floors respectively; both buildings have lifts. Surrounded by gardens, it has a large swimming-pool with a playground for children, an outdoor Jacuzzi and a water SPLASH PARK.The Aparthotel has 116 apartments, all of them are spacious, comfortable and the decoration is of Mediterranean style. All the apartments are 35 m2 with a terrace or balcony (15 m2). They are for a maximum of four people, and there is enough space to put a cot in the bedroom. Unfortunately, we do not have apartments with two bedrooms. We have 3 types of apartments, depending on the location in the complex and the booked facilities. - STANDARD APARTMENTS: One double-bedroom (two 190 cm x 90 cm beds), one fully furnished bathroom with a bathtub, lounge with two sofa-beds, a terrace or balcony, and a kitchenette with a fridge, two electric cooking rings, microwave, electric coffee-machine, kettle, toaster and basic cooking utensils. Tv with international channels, telephone and hair-dryer. Air Conditioning. Clear views. - PLUS APARTMENTS: High-Standard. Totally renewed at the beginning of 2013. They have one double-bedroom (two 190 cm x 90 cm beds), one fully furnished bathroom with a shower, lounge with two sofa-beds, a terrace or balcony, and a kitchenette with a fridge, 2 electric cooking rings, microwave, electric coffee-machine, kettle, toaster and basic cooking utensils. 32" Led-Tv with international channels, telephone and hair-dryer. Air Conditioning. Open views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Apartamentos Cala d'Or Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Cala d`Or Playa Hotel Cala d`Or
- Playa Apartments Cala d Or
- Playa Apartments Hotel
- Apartamentos Cala D'Or Playa Majorca