Spent a great week at these apartments. Went towards the end of the season (early October) which may have an impact on some of what was provided.
The location of the apartments is really good. A short walk from the main shopping and restaurant areas and the gorgeous Cala Esmerelda beach. It was mostly quiet, although on the first night we could hear the entertainment from another hotel while on our balcony.
The room was a decent size, clean and with a well stocked kitchenette. The beds were reasonably comfortable and the shower was so powerful it felt more like a hose! The water supply was quite salty though, including shower, although I've heard this may be an island wide problem rather than a hotel one. The balcony was great.
Didn't experience much of the entertainment, although I must say that despite a decent effort, it wasn't something I enjoyed! I get the feeling we were not exactly the target audience however which is understandable. We only ate at the bar once, and while unexciting it was not poor value. The drinks were also around the same price as much of the rest of the area.
We did encounter two problems. The first, albeit minor, was that the (useful) guide to the hotel they give you at check in says that the maid service is daily, however when we were there it wasn't cleaned every day and when I checked it turned out only to be every two days.
The second problem was that the deal they have with Thomsons is that you have to pay five euros a day to use the air-conditioning!!! I complained at the front desk and the staff (who we found friendly and helpful throughout) have clearly had this complaint before and said that it was their contract with Thomson.
I think it is absolutely disgraceful of Thomson not to mention this and when we complained to our rep, who was quite rude, we were told that somewhere in the minor terms and conditions it states that some facilities are payable locally. Given Thomson are very clearly aware this is the case, our agent, the website and their brochure should all have stated this. Clearly we will be making a formal complaint.
The Cala d'Or area is lovely. Slightly more touristy than we'd been led to believe but still great. Beaches amazing with fish swimming in the water with you and a bright blue sea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cala d'Or Playa Aparthotel is in a quiet residential area in Cala d'Or. It is located between Cala Gran beach and Cala Esmeralda beach (both are around 350 metres from the Aparthotel), and is only a few minutes' walk to the central shopping area.Ideal for families with children, it has areas specially designed for kids, as well as entertainment for children and special events.The apartments are spacious, comfortable and well-equipped. You will be able to relax on your terrace or balcony overlooking the pool or the gardens, making your holiday unforgettable.The Aparthotel has 116 apartments, 32 of which have been totally renewed in 2013. It has 2 blocks, with 4 and 3 floors respectively; both buildings have lifts. Surrounded by gardens, it has a large swimming-pool with a playground for children, an outdoor Jacuzzi and a water SPLASH PARK.The Aparthotel has 116 apartments, all of them are spacious, comfortable and the decoration is of Mediterranean style. All the apartments are 35 m2 with a terrace or balcony (15 m2). They are for a maximum of four people, and there is enough space to put a cot in the bedroom. Unfortunately, we do not have apartments with two bedrooms. We have 3 types of apartments, depending on the location in the complex and the booked facilities. - STANDARD APARTMENTS: One double-bedroom (two 190 cm x 90 cm beds), one fully furnished bathroom with a bathtub, lounge with two sofa-beds, a terrace or balcony, and a kitchenette with a fridge, two electric cooking rings, microwave, electric coffee-machine, kettle, toaster and basic cooking utensils. Tv with international channels, telephone and hair-dryer. Air Conditioning. Clear views. - PLUS APARTMENTS: High-Standard. Totally renewed at the beginning of 2013. They have one double-bedroom (two 190 cm x 90 cm beds), one fully furnished bathroom with a shower, lounge with two sofa-beds, a terrace or balcony, and a kitchenette with a fridge, 2 electric cooking rings, microwave, electric coffee-machine, kettle, toaster and basic cooking utensils. 32" Led-Tv with international channels, telephone and hair-dryer. Air Conditioning. Open views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Apartamentos Cala d'Or Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Cala d`Or Playa Hotel Cala d`Or
- Playa Apartments Cala d Or
- Playa Apartments Hotel
- Apartamentos Cala D'Or Playa Majorca