After staying at the Cala d’Or Playa for two weeks in August we returned between 5th-9th October for a four night mini break. Everything about the Cala d’Or Playa and the resort itself was exactly as it was in the height of summer, there were just less people around; that had its benefits, like getting a table at a restaurant was nice and easy. We were here to explore the coastal areas either side of Cala d’Or so picked up a car at the airport, which we pre-booked with Avis. Super service and car.
This is my second review of the hotel, which once again ticked all the boxes, in fact even more boxes this time as we had a Superior room, which overlooked the pool area - a great position. The room itself benefits from modern furniture, and a smart bathroom with large walk in shower featuring a rain style shower head as well as a standard and very powerful multi spray hose. Note this is instead of a bath, so for families with babies/ toddlers to wash, this might not be ideal for you. The kitchen again, is one of the best stocked in terms of equipment and this time I noticed champagne and wine glasses, not sure I remember seeing them in the Standard room. Nice touch with the flutes, good excuse to go and buy some cava! Actually, who needs an excuse...
The weather was superb, mostly clear skies and temperatures around 22-25c every day, and with the resort fully open, it made it a great time of year to visit. We went out driving most days and found some stunning places some of which we had never even heard of before, despite visiting the island many times; most previous holidays were spent relaxing around a pool. Beaches and coastline at Badia Gran, Cala Pi, Ses Covetes, Cala Llombards, Cala Mesquida, and Canyamel; inland spots Ses Salines and Capdepera (complete with castle), and the fishing / marina towns of Cala Bona, Portopetro and Portocolom provided photo opportunities by the bucketload. If you have a car and want to explore this part of the island, then put some of these places on your list.
The restaurants we ate in on this visit were regular haunts Pirate and Acuarius, and two new places for us: El Patio Tex-Mex, towards Cala Ferrera, and Gusto in the main town area. We had wanted to eat in El Patio many times previously but we’d always been in a big group and it was busy, but well worth it for the fabulous burritos and fajitas. Gusto, is related to Paparazzi, with similar excellent quality. Acuarius is becoming our favourite restaurant in the resort, with it’s in a stunning location overlooking the marina. Book ahead in the summer though.
Once again, a simply great time in Mallorca.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cala d'Or Playa Aparthotel is in a quiet residential area in Cala d'Or. It is located between Cala Gran beach and Cala Esmeralda beach (both are around 350 metres from the Aparthotel), and is only a few minutes' walk to the central shopping area.Ideal for families with children, it has areas specially designed for kids, as well as entertainment for children and special events.The apartments are spacious, comfortable and well-equipped. You will be able to relax on your terrace or balcony overlooking the pool or the gardens, making your holiday unforgettable.The Aparthotel has 116 apartments, 32 of which have been totally renewed in 2013. It has 2 blocks, with 4 and 3 floors respectively; both buildings have lifts. Surrounded by gardens, it has a large swimming-pool with a playground for children, an outdoor Jacuzzi and a water SPLASH PARK.The Aparthotel has 116 apartments, all of them are spacious, comfortable and the decoration is of Mediterranean style. All the apartments are 35 m2 with a terrace or balcony (15 m2). They are for a maximum of four people, and there is enough space to put a cot in the bedroom. Unfortunately, we do not have apartments with two bedrooms. We have 3 types of apartments, depending on the location in the complex and the booked facilities. - STANDARD APARTMENTS: One double-bedroom (two 190 cm x 90 cm beds), one fully furnished bathroom with a bathtub, lounge with two sofa-beds, a terrace or balcony, and a kitchenette with a fridge, two electric cooking rings, microwave, electric coffee-machine, kettle, toaster and basic cooking utensils. Tv with international channels, telephone and hair-dryer. Air Conditioning. Clear views. - PLUS APARTMENTS: High-Standard. Totally renewed at the beginning of 2013. They have one double-bedroom (two 190 cm x 90 cm beds), one fully furnished bathroom with a shower, lounge with two sofa-beds, a terrace or balcony, and a kitchenette with a fridge, 2 electric cooking rings, microwave, electric coffee-machine, kettle, toaster and basic cooking utensils. 32" Led-Tv with international channels, telephone and hair-dryer. Air Conditioning. Open views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Apartamentos Cala d'Or Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Cala d`Or Playa Hotel Cala d`Or
- Playa Apartments Cala d Or
- Playa Apartments Hotel
- Apartamentos Cala D'Or Playa Majorca