I stayed at the Cala D’or Playa apartments in August 2014 with my family (wife, daughter (15) and son (11), we arrived late afternoon and were quickly checked in, we were allocated a room on the top level (third floor) overlooking the reception which was sunny in the morning and shaded by late afternoon. The room was pretty spacious and clean, although not one of the renovated apartments the furniture was more than adequate as was the equipment (fridge, 2 ring hob, kettle, toaster) and air conditioning was pretty efficient although we had to leave the bedroom door open at night to allow better cooling through the apartment.
The pool area was clean and well kept, I never had a problem in getting a sunbed in the morning, but beaware there are poster up telling guest that reserving sun loungers were not permitted and the hotel enforced this rule, I witnessed staff member remove and fold towels from lounger that were unattended, (well-done to the management in enforcing this!!) this sorted out the selfish people who put towels down and don’t turn up until after lunch, which is one of my hates. There are loads of massive parasols around the pool which can be a pain at times if you enjoy sitting in the sun and you have to move your lounger around throughout the day.
The entertainment team never seemed to stop and had activities on all day (archery, shooting, Spanish classes, aqua-gym, water polo as well as fun games too) they also put on a show most nights. (Well-done to Happy Happy, Looky Looky, Peri and Sami) and not forgetting the barman Ruddy who always had a smile on his face.
There is WIFI available at the reception area but also around the pool area, you get a 3 hour free session but the reception never really questioned if you went back for another code (another positive for this apartments and a real benefit if you have teenage kids). There is a large supermarket (SUMA) at the very top of the road which is a lot cheaper than the first shop you come to after the hotel so it’s worth walking the extra few minutes.
Overall we had a great time at these apartments and would have no reservations in going back again,
Note to hotel: keep up the good work, especially the towel removal from unattended loungers, maybe lower the cost of the slushies as expensive for iced water!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cala d'Or Playa Aparthotel is in a quiet residential area in Cala d'Or. It is located between Cala Gran beach and Cala Esmeralda beach (both are around 350 metres from the Aparthotel), and is only a few minutes' walk to the central shopping area.Ideal for families with children, it has areas specially designed for kids, as well as entertainment for children and special events.The apartments are spacious, comfortable and well-equipped. You will be able to relax on your terrace or balcony overlooking the pool or the gardens, making your holiday unforgettable.The Aparthotel has 116 apartments, 32 of which have been totally renewed in 2013. It has 2 blocks, with 4 and 3 floors respectively; both buildings have lifts. Surrounded by gardens, it has a large swimming-pool with a playground for children, an outdoor Jacuzzi and a water SPLASH PARK.The Aparthotel has 116 apartments, all of them are spacious, comfortable and the decoration is of Mediterranean style. All the apartments are 35 m2 with a terrace or balcony (15 m2). They are for a maximum of four people, and there is enough space to put a cot in the bedroom. Unfortunately, we do not have apartments with two bedrooms. We have 3 types of apartments, depending on the location in the complex and the booked facilities. - STANDARD APARTMENTS: One double-bedroom (two 190 cm x 90 cm beds), one fully furnished bathroom with a bathtub, lounge with two sofa-beds, a terrace or balcony, and a kitchenette with a fridge, two electric cooking rings, microwave, electric coffee-machine, kettle, toaster and basic cooking utensils. Tv with international channels, telephone and hair-dryer. Air Conditioning. Clear views. - PLUS APARTMENTS: High-Standard. Totally renewed at the beginning of 2013. They have one double-bedroom (two 190 cm x 90 cm beds), one fully furnished bathroom with a shower, lounge with two sofa-beds, a terrace or balcony, and a kitchenette with a fridge, 2 electric cooking rings, microwave, electric coffee-machine, kettle, toaster and basic cooking utensils. 32" Led-Tv with international channels, telephone and hair-dryer. Air Conditioning. Open views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apartamentos Cala d'Or Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Cala d`Or Playa Hotel Cala d`Or
- Playa Apartments Cala d Or
- Playa Apartments Hotel
- Apartamentos Cala D'Or Playa Majorca