Ok, this is going to be a long one to cover everyone. have read the past few reviews and am actually wondering what people expect. If you want "professional cabaret entertainment" and extremely lush accomodation then book a 5* hotel and pay the price for it. We travel every year and i have been abroad with my husband and/or family for the 16 years and this was one of the best accomodations i have ever stayed in. The apartment was spotless (had wooden floors as opposed to tiled floors), so no slipping and falling for kids, it was homely the beds were comfortable and the kids loved the space. It would have been nice to have one kids station in English rather than dutch though.
The entertainment staff worked VERY hard with long hours and never faltered. Their shows were well organised and practiced. We would have no problems with them.
We didnt go half board and ate out most of the time but apart from Tony's Bar found the food in the hotel bar to be by far the best. didnt have one bad meal there and the kids every bit of their dinner in the evening. The stak was good, the prawns were excelent.
we didnt have much dealing with reception as we didnt need to, we had no complaints and as for the people giving out about sunbeds. 9.00am is very reasonable to open sunbeds. this is the FIRST resort i have been too where people couldnt take beds at 6.00 in the morning. yes it meant getting up in the morning to be down at 9.00 but i have not yet come accross a resort where you didnt. This is totally the norm for a holiday complex and once i was down at 5 to 9 i never had a problem getting a sunbed. ok they werent hte most comfortable but sunbeds arent and the only time i remember was having luxurious sunbeds was on my honeymoon where we paid a lot of money for plush surroundings.
I think the apartments are well run, the staff work extremely hard and some seem to be there all the time without ever going home. we never had a reason to complain about anything.
I notice a lot of reviews are english. this is NOT AN IRISH RESORT and for those looking for a lot of Irish People, big drinking and all night partying THIS IS NOT the resort for you. It is predominately Dutch which i think owes to the high standard. If however you would like a nice, safe holiday where your kids can play all day, good entertainment at night, feel relaxed then this hidden gem is for you. we enjoyed it immensely and although we would maybe try to get another family to come with us next time for some company at night. In saying that my 7yr old was playing in the pool with a german boy, neither had a clue what the other was saying but had fun nonetheless. There is no rowdyness, no giving out about everything around and overall a very very enjoyable holiday. I hope it always stays in the good standard it currently has and we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel complex, totally renovated in 2008, located in Cala d’Or (Majorca), 300 metres from the beach. Complex with 3 open air swimming pools, surrounded by landscaped areas and especially suitable for families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Alpha Holidays Limited, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Club Martha's Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Martha`s Aparthotel Hotel Cala d`Or
- Hotel Marthas Aparthotel
- Resort Marthas Aparthotel
- Club Marthas Cala Dor
- Club Martha's Aparthotel Cala D'Or, Majorca