“Nice family run hotel”
Review of Hostal Oasis D'Or

Hostal Oasis D'Or
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed here in July of 2013, and I was meeting up with family who were stopping in another hotel in Cala D'or, I just wanted a cheap place to stay and you get value for money here. The owners are very friendly and the room was clean and basic but I was happy with that as it was just somewhere to sleep. I would stay here again as it is a nice friendly place and is in a good location within the resort.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Graeme580406

Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Just back from a fab holiday. Hotel remains as good as last year and the family are still as helpful and good natured even so late in the season. Room was spotless and nice and quiet at the back. Only complaint was the barking dogs but that is not hotel fault. Sangria best in town. Hope to go back next year and see Mario snr. Maria, Mario jnr and Marisa again

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank karenmw52
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Just returned from a fantastic week staying at the Oasis. Lovely family run hostel all staff vey welcoming and accommodating - especially Mario junior could not do enough for you.
Perfect location - 5 mins from main strip but quiet enough to sleep. Only 1min from beach everything you could ask for.
Will definitely return and recommend to all :)

2  Thank Gemma P
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Just returned from a week at the Oasis. Incredibly cheap for high season after reading the good reviews was wondering what we would find. Its absolutely charming, old Spanish style, family run, infact I believe Mario and his wife live there. Yes I doubt the decor, furniture has changed since the seventies a kind of faded splendour. I think the down side are the mattresses, they make for a hard nights sleep and the bathrooms really do need updating. But otherwise I wouldn't change a thing, perhaps aircon in the bedrooms would be a good thing too. It was lovely late afternoon to sit on the veranda having the best priced drinks in town! The sangria was the strongest in Cala Dor. Mario and his son are so helpful, like a previous reviewer he organised a hire car for us for three days at a good price. The breakfast is probably the let down too much bread based and fried eggs it would have been good to be offered sliced fruit as one of the options ( it's a waiter service they give you a choice if two courses ) the location of the hotel couldn't be better right in the middle of everything, opposit the beach. reading back on my review doesn't sound positive but after a couple of days the charm of the place has got to me my husband loves it we will be back . There s a small swim pool at the back a nice touch for B and B. it s noisy at night but every hotel I've stayed in in Spain has been nosy. We like Cala Dor been several times but from now on we will use Oasis for our base.

Room Tip: High rooms at back will be cooler in afternoon
4  Thank Devonbird1
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My partner and I have just arrived back from our honeymoon at the Hostel Oasis. We had a brilliant time. It's a small Spanish family run business and Maria, Mario and their two children are very friendly. It was recommended that we'd try one of Maria's speciality, a paella. It was really yummy-the best I've ever tasted!! Nothing was to much trouble for the family. One of the first impressions I had of the Hostel was how clean it was, every day the cleaner providing clean towels etc. The room was a bit basic but it served its purpose-as it was just a base and very cheap compared to some of the other hotels. Also the exterior was kept clean especially the out-door pool, where there was plenty of room! We'd definitely go back there again as we enjoyed the whole experience of being there, well located-near the beach and excellent value!

Room Tip: Back rooms are quieter
2  Thank 123marjie
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel (being mid august) having had a nice holiday. I was optimistic after reading the previous reviews of this hotel, and would agree with the other comments, the rooms are very basic and could benefit from some updating, air conditioning and a fridge. The hotel is a very nice, traditional Spanish style which compliments the character of the places. The owners and staff are nice. The pool is good, due to the number of rooms it serves it is never over crowded and is a nice area to chill out and enjoy the sun. The biggest benefit has got to be its location, its really close to the beach, restaurants, bars and shops etc. The breakfast offered is good and the hotel food and drink prices are good value for money. 1 liter of sangria only 6 euro! great! All in all, this is a good, quite, nicely family run hotel. Ideal for couples getting away for a quick, good value for money, break in the sun!

4  Thank jodarbyshire
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My partner and I stayed for a week in June 2013, we asked on our booking for a quiet room with a double bed. The B&B is basic but the staff are very helpful and will assist you when they can, although they speak very little English, so please be prepared and patient. The rooms are basic and not very modern to be honest a little dated. We did get a room at the back of the B&B and thought that was a great result as we were away from the main road but it backs onto residential housing and therefore we heard dogs barking well into the night and early in the mornings., plus the owners had a dog or a visiting dog quite often which was often yapping too Due to the B&B been very old you could hear all the noises around the building, doors banging, people walking across the floors, plumbing works including others using the toilet in their own rooms. In other words if you are a light sleeper then I would not stay here. We had single beds although we asked for a double and there was no possibility to push the beds together like you can sometimes this was due to the style of the bedframe & headboard. The rooms do not have no air con and we were glad that we only went for a weeks break in June as it would had been too uncomfortable if we had gone in the main season of July/August and if we had booked anything longer that a week. You are a few minutes from the beach and close to the main bars and restaurants which is the best thing about the positioning of this B&B, everything is in walking distance.

Room Tip: NO a/c in rooms, back of the B&B goes onto residential who have several dogs!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple