Inturotel Cala Esmeralda
Hotel Cala d'Or(Cala d'Or)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$160
  • Breakfast included
Ses Puntetes Hotel(Cala d'Or)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$61
  • Restaurant
Sentido Tucan(Cala d'Or)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$140
  • Pool
Sol Cala d'Or by Melia Apartamentos(Cala d'Or)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$68
Melia.com
  • Pool
Barcelo Ponent Playa(Cala d'Or)(Great Value!)
US$94
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Apartamentos Parque Mar(Cala d'Or)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$70
  • Pool
Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments(Cala d'Or)(Great Value!)
US$70
Very Good 4/5
Blue Sea Club Martha's(Cala d'Or)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$53
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Hostal Leo D'or(Cala d'Or)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$98
Great 4.5/5
Aparthotel Ses Cases d'Or(Cala d'Or)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$65
roomertravel.com
1,284 results
All reviewsemerald suitessea viewbeach bargala nightplunge poolbreakfast and dinnerexcellent hotelrelaxing holidayhotel poolpremium roomhotel guestsan adultoverlooking the beachhalf boardbeautiful bayquiet roadplenty of choice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2010

I just returned home today from a week's break at the Cala Esmeralda with my mum (a girl's holiday) and I can honestly say it was one of the best holidays I have ever had. The hotel is wondeful - clean, well-serviced rooms, lovely , friendly staff, and the best food I have ever experienced at a holiday hotel. Wonderful touches like free cava one morning and free lovely smoothies another morning. Great stuff! Cala D'Or is a gorgeous resort with lovely scenery, wonderful shops and just a lovely atmosphere. Highly recommended.

Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank Majorica77
Reviewed 3 September 2010

I have just returned from the Esmeralda Villas with my husband and two 17 year olds and we all had a fabulous time. There are only around 12 villas built in one block and they have their own shared swimming pool. We had no problem with the sunbeds in the morning which was really nice as the pool is allocated just for the villas.The villa itself was large, we had a two bedrooms which had 2 bathrooms and 3 toilets.Kitchen also large,full size fridge and microwave, toaster,kettle and lots of crockery and glasses, but no cooker in our villa.The whole complex was very clean and tidy. Staff were all very good especially the maids who kept our villa spotless. Evening entertainment not so good but plenty of bars and restaurants a short walk away. In all an excellent choice for us we will definately be going back next year.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank diamond63
Reviewed 29 August 2010

We arrived at cala esmerelda about 12.30pm.The room wasn't quite ready but reception told us cleaning would be finished at 1.00pm which was the case so it didn't really bother us.
The hotel is in an idyllic location just overlooking cala esmerelda cove and we had requested and received a sea view (well worth requesting this as the views are spectacular-the higher the floor the better the view).It is just a short walk to the centre of cala d'or and cala ferrera but the hotel is in a very peaceful location so you get the best of both worlds.There are a large selection of shops,restaurants and bars in the resort but everything is quite low key-perfect for a relaxing holiday for couples and families.
The room was very clean and comfortable but is probably due for an update soon-it is the only aspect of the hotel I would describe as less than 4 star,though everything worked perfectly.
The food in the restaurant was excellent-large choice every night and everything very good quality and well cooked.The gala dinner on wednesday nights was amazing-I felt compelled to take photographs!
Service in the hotel was also excellent. All staff were friendly and eager to help.
There are 2 pools to use and the beach just opposite the hotel.The beach and the pool above are very busy but the pool at the back of the hotel is quieter.Pool Towels are free from reception.Reserving sun loungers before 9am is not allowed-a policy which was greatly appreciated and everyone seemed to adhere to it.
The hotel is probably better suited to couples than families but its sister aparthotel just beside it seems to cater better for families while still enjoying all the benefits of location.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and if returning to majorca would probably saty here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Excellent hotel, rooms spotlessly clean, towels changed daily sheets every other day, Good choice of food, cakes to die for. Animation team fantastic ,work really hard, especially Tim and Radu before he hurt his knee.Activities going on all day hardly saw my two teenagers. Shows really good very professionel, bingo every night and kiddies disco. Three pools so we always managed to get a sunbed. Can't wait to go back next year.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2010

My wife and I decided to try something different in terms of a beach trip this year and opted for Mallorca rather than a Caribbean or Central American locale. Overall, the hotel and surroundings (Mallorca has a lot of history) deserve a thumbs-up, though of course, there's a good deal of both good and not so good. The value, I'd say, is very good. I don't think you'd be able to stay on most Caribbean islands for the same price during peak season and receive the same level of service and food. This is a family hotel and not so much for couples, unless all you want to do is sit by the pool or on the beach.

The hotel itself is in excellent shape in terms of maintenance. In this price range, that cannot be taken for granted. The staff was unusually attentive and helpful for a tourist-class European hotel. We were impressed. The breakfast buffet was very good, on par or better than a typical mid-level business hotel (e.g., Marriott, Westin, etc.). Dinner was ok. I wouldn't say it was good, but certainly edible. I read several other reviews complaining about the food, but the selection and variety was large enough that it seemed there was something for everyone, even my picky 7-year old.

The room and bathroom were sufficient, but outdated and small. We slept three to a room by adding a roll-away bed. The quarters were cozy, to say the least. But the point of a vacation like this is not to stay in the room. The beds were fine (though maybe too firm for some) and I slept well. I saw other reviews complain about poor beds, but either the hotel replaced the mattresses or I'm just less picky. I would say that having two twin beds put together is not nearly as nice as having a single queen. It was ok.

Towels and whatnot were fine and replaced daily when requested. We didn't have any issues drying ourselves off. The hotel supplied soap and inexpensive shampoo. I'd recommend bringing your own.

Staff did not replace glassware in the room. We had to clean glasses ourselves, which was a minor annoyance.

There is no Internet connectivity except very slow wi-fi in the lobby. I often have to work on vacation, so this was a problem for me. I eventually found that you could get a cable to connect to a single connection. But there is only one possible for the whole hotel. So there was quite a wait for this single connection and hogging it for several hours to get a project done is not an option. So if you need Internet in your room or business ameneties, this is not the place.

Nonetheless, we very much enjoyed our stay. The pools were nice, the grounds well maintained, the beach, though small, was reasonably clean and enjoyable. The view from our room was beautiful (we looked out onto the ocean). My daughter made lots of friends with other kids from around Europe. The morning and evening buffets are convenient. There are plenty of areas of the island to go explore and find old castles, caves, vistas, etc., if you have a car (we rented one from the airport, but there are also rentals available in Cala d'Or). The town near the hotel offers pretty good tourist fare -- bars, restaurants, etc.

Evening entertainment at the hotel was kitchy. Kind of what you expect on an inexpensive cruise. Better was the sister hotel next door where there is children's entertainment. There was a clown show, a kid disco, and a kind of vaudeville play on the nights we were there. Our daughter enjoyed herself.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family