INTUROTEL - Hotel chain in Calad'or, from what I could tell made up of four hotels - 3 x 3star and 1 4 star. Very professional, clean and tidy and very popular with Germans/Dutch. We booked half board for second week and the food was very good, especially the deserts.The main player in Cala Ferrera.
ESMERALDA PARK - We were allocated in this hotel but changed as our room was too close to evening entertainment. Stay here if you want to be 'in the thick of it'. There are lots of steps, hard going with a pushchair but this hotel is nearest the beach. The entertainment is mostly German with english aswell and takes part around the swimmingpool and beach during the day and by reception in evening.. This is also where you will eat if you go half/full board even if you stay at Azul Park or Azul Gardens.
AZUL PARK - Didn't really take much notice of Azul Park, its further up hill but looked a bit more peaceful still with a few steps and nearer the road.
AZUL GARDENS - This is where we ended up. My opinion, the best of the three. Hotel is all on one level and tucked away in its own very peaceful gardens. Sure you have a 5 min walk down to Esmeralda to eat or watch entertainment but its nice come the end of the night to walk back up to the more relaxed and quiet Gardens complex. I also think the pool is the best of the three with a good little snack bar (opens about noon til 6pm).
CALA D'OR - These hotels are in Cala Ferrera which is about 15min walk from Cala D'or. Top Tip use the Noddy train the first day you get there to get your bearings. There are a handful of restaurants in Ferrera but for more choice head for Cala D'or where there is a pedestrianised area with lots to choose from - pirates and tex mex good/ safari restaurant bad. Apparently the Marina offers a better quality dining experience but its the other side of Cala d'or. There are two kids entertainment areas close to hotels - with bouncy castles, ride on bikes/karts, trampolines etc. The beaches are good, they are coves not huge expanses of beach so can feel a little busy at times and water is clear and clean. Its expensive in Cala d'or probably as much to do with exchange rate but gone are the days of a cheap evening meal and drinks. Two weeks cost me about £1500 for hotel then a further £1500 for food,drinks entertainment etc.
SUMMARY - Stay in Esmeralda if you have older kids, Park or Gardens if you have younger kids or a couple.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the south-east coast of Mallorca, the hotel is situated at a distance of 150m from the beaches of Cala Esmeralda and Cala Ferrera and about 800m from the centre of Cala D'Or. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Inturotel Cala Azul Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inturotel Cala Azul Garden Hotel Cala d`Or
- Cala Azul Garden d Or
- Cala Azul Garden Hotel
- Inturotel Cala Azul Garden Cala D'Or, Majorca