A friend and I booked last minute with holidaysdirect for a four day trip and had a studio apt.
After downloading all the reviews on here I was a bit dubious about our stay but was very pleasantly surprised. Yes you end up in Calla D' Egos and yes you end up in an apt on club martha's but I think those are plus points. I went with one friend (we are both in our fifties) and had no problem with separate single beds. I did hear neighbours pushing beds together and that must have worked for them. They are proper beds with a backrest you can put in place for sitting. We didn't bother hiring anything and ate out all the time but in hind site we spent as much as we would have done going all inclusive and the food in the buffet hall looked very good. The staff are really polite , friendly and helpful, I have no complaints. The kids club team seem like a bundle of laughs and the children that were there seemed to be having a grand time with three club events a day.
In my opinion Calla D Egos is much nicer than Calla D' Or, we went up to Es Forti and Pou beach was lovely, no poo. We walked a lot and enjoyed the quiet tranquility. We were lucky with the weather and there were quite a few other middle aged couples heading off into the uloo with their back packs in the morning. Such a beautiful area but not much to do and it was wonderful to have that enforced relaxation. On the other hand I wouldn't want to go there high season. Best places to eat in our opinion were the tex mex place and one up the road which was called something like Tento (????) had a beautiful fish soup in there for lunch and wonderful fish meals in the evening.
Overall I thought the area was expensive, we easily got through £25 a day with food and drink but it was our choice not to self cater. I think if you want quiet wonderful peace go before may and if you want egg and chips and watneys red barrel , go in high season. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Es BoleroThe Es Bolero apartments, totally renovated in 2005, are located in a peaceful area at approximately 300 metres from the beach in Cala d’Or (Majorca). Through the gardens, one can access the Club Martha’s complex, where you can enjoy all its services, bar, restaurant, buffet, pizzeria, discotheque, swimming pools, tennis courts, entertainment, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Lastminute, Superbreak UK, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Es Bolero Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Es Bolero Hotel Cala d`Or
- Es Bolero Aparthotel Cala D'Or, Majorca