visited ses cases from 8 to 16 sept 2010. my partner and I stayed on a half board basis in a one bedroom apartment. the apartments are centred around a good size pool with adequate sunbeds. the pool gets lots of sun so although not heated, it was bearable to get in at that time of year. the apartment themselves either have a small garden/terrace or a good size private balcony, we were on the first floor reached by steps to a good size balcony with table chairs and a sunlounger. The apartments have comfortable beds and the air con in both the bedroom and lounge does really chill the rooms down at night. Ours had a half size bath with shower over. The apartments have excellent wardrobe storage with lots of hangers. As we were half board we didn't need to use the cooking equipment but noticed there is no microwave or toaster or kettle, these have to be hired. There is a small tv and you have to hire the remote control. Domestic cleaning was done regularly and towels were changed frequently, the domestic staff really work hard and keep the whole complex very clean. The half board option suited us as we noticed it was quite expensive in the local restaurants to eat out, the food is fine, they have to cater for different nationalities, mostly french and german, but we always found something we enjoyed and the desserts were lovely! The waiting staff and very polite without being in your face and also the reception staff are very helpful. Facilities on the complex include indoor pool, ping pong, daytime and evening entertainment programme. I think the complex is mainly suited to families, then couples. The local area is fairly quiet and the marina at cala d'or (only a 15 min walk away) or short bus ride away is a nice way to spent an afternoon. The beaches in small coves are very pretty and not crowded, theres lots of young families on the beaches. There isn't much nightlife in the local area just bars and restaurants but the complex does lay on entertainment that is geared for families. If you intend to go do use a transfer firm because its a good 50 min drive from the airport so a taxi would be expensive. We would visit again even though we found the nightlife too low key, its not for hen or stag dos, or late night revellers! If you wants a relaxing, comfortable holiday its ideal!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ses Cases d’OrSes Cases d’Or, completely renovated in 2005, and located in Cala d’Or (Majorca) is comprised of small 2-storey villas, with a marked Mediterranean character, which face the south. The villas are located at approximately 300 metres from the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Aparthotel Ses Cases d'Or reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Ses Cases d`Or Hotel Cala d`Or
- Aparthotel Ses Cases D'Or Cala D'Or, Majorca