My partner and I have just returned from a 7 night stay.
Our room was in block c . Ground floor - great room, had everything we needed - kettle / fridge etc, lovely balcony that overlooked trees and woodland. We got the sun at lunch time right up until 8pm :-) only slight complaint is that we had two singles beds pushed together and the bed was abit hard. Was offered a mattress topper tho!
Pool area was lovely not to busy as it was at the end of April so no problem getting a sunbed . Next to the bar :-)
We were self catering but did eat at the restaurant one night and the buffet was right up our street, fresh fish / salads and tasty mini deserts, Anybody who complains about the food I can only imagine the are looking for burgers, pies and junk food.
The manager also came upto us before ordering and said he will get the chef to cook anything we like even if it's not on the menu.
The restaurant it's self is in a lovely setting.
The complex is in a lovely area and has a beautiful little beach right on its door step. I have seen a few complaints about too many hills. I think some people just have to find things to complain about it's not that big of a hill, and can be walked up and down in less than a minute if your relatively active.
The nice walk to cala dor took us about 15 / 20 mins ,
We booked this holiday as a cheap last minute getaway. When searching for hotels I tried to stay away from this ones with lots of entertainment etc as it's really not us , although ferrera beach did have entertainment for the children it only lasted about half a hour and was not a problem, each evening we walked to cala dor to go to different restaurants and bars.
Cala dor It self has a beautiful marina with some nice restaurants. We tried to stick to the local Spanish type food trying the lovely tapas, fish and paella dishes. And stayed away from the Some of the tacky English places.
For me cala dor was abit too much of a man made holiday resort, so I would not go back, nontheless the food was generally good and we had a good time in a relaxing environment.
The only the thing that cala dor lacked was abit of culture, so if you are looking for a sophisticated holiday perhaps go to a resort with a historic town as well as the obvious beaches, restaurants and bars.
However if you are just looking for a relaxing holiday in the sun with good facility's ferrera beach would be fine for you.
We got the bus to palma one day which was about 8euro. It's a great city with lots of great shops and things to see and do.
Look out for the taking parrot bar in cala dor - great cocktails here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ferrera Beach is an Apartment complex located in southeast Mallorca, next to Cala Ferrera beach, in Cala d’Or. Being modern, functional and eco-friendly in its design, the complex blends in harmoniously with the natural beauty of the area ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ferrera Beach Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ferrera Beach Apartments Hotel Cala d`Or
- Ferrera Beach Apartments Cala D'Or, Majorca