“TERRIBLE I do not rate at all......” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ferrera Beach Apartments

Ferrera Beach Apartments
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“TERRIBLE I do not rate at all......”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My friend and I went there on the 23-30 April 2014
Nothing was said about the steps. We had to negotiate 600 steps daily to get to the restaurant.
The food at the hotel was so abysmal that we often ate in Cala D'or.
The apartment was impressive. We had been there for 3 days when I had an accident in the shower. I was closing the glass panel on the shower and the shower door came off in my hand. I couldn't move,I had my back to the wall gripping the shower screen. My friend heard the commotion and when she grabbed the door frame the glass panel just disintegrated, which left her holding the two metal sides. The glass shattered into tiny fragments. If the panel hadn’t been made of safety glass I believe the accident would have been fatal for me. Both of us had cuts to our body. I had 3 toes which were cut and cuts to my breast too. There were tiny pieces of glass everywhere on the shower and bathroom floor.
My friend checked the shower fitment and noticed that there was a runner missing on the top of the shower door, which helped it to slide. The apartment should have been checked before we were allocated it

We couldn’t ring reception as we couldn’t find a number. We did manage to call the transfer company which picked us up at the airport, and explained the situation and asked the person who she spoke with to ring reception for us and tell them that we had a problem.
We were visited by a man from reception who seemed quite non plussed about what had happened but did suggest he call a doctor. ( which at first he expected us to pay for, of course we refused! ) When the doctor arrived he requested that we should go to the medical centre where he would check us both out. Ferrera beach organised a taxi to take us there, it was in Cala D’or. At the medical centre we had our feet cleaned up and bandaged.
Both,my friend, and myself were really shaken up and the experience really spoilt the remainder of our holiday for us. We couldn’t get back home quick enough. The shower door wasn't replaced and we had to clean up the water on the floor each day.
We wanted entertainment at night, the read up said there was night life there..
It was in the pool bar, a tiny place. The entertainment consisted of Bingo, Football, Karaoke. The TV in the apartment was Spanish too.
The holiday was a nightmare.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Giggly21

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Cirencester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

A couple of bad points:
1. Rooms smell damp
2.Can hear entertainment from another hotel which is quite loud
3.Can hear toilets flushed from other rooms
4.Bathroom windows are in the corridor so you can see people showering when you walk past
5.Have to pay for the adult pool - cheaper to get sun lounger on beach for the whole day

All in all I had a great holiday here but these are apartments not a hotel so the facilities aren't the same. I imagine most people self cater as there wasn't a lot of all inclusivers when I went and the food spread isn't great but was enjoyable enough. The rooms are very basic and quite dated but we ok for the five days I stayed there. If it wasn't for the nice pool and the fantastic location for the gorgeous beach I would have been very disappointed! The staff were very helpful and caring so thank you for that :)

Stayed June 2014
dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

It was our first time in cala dor, so we were really looking foreward to it. We had booked a superior room so we really thought we were going to get something special. When we arrived at the room it was such a dissappointment, we have stayed in many places over the years even 2 stars which were more decent than this so called superior apartment.The room smelled of damp.The bathroom was tiny if any one of us was much bigger we would not have been able to fit it was so tiny, ,every part of the bathroom had mould,, it was absolutely filthy The kitchen was disgraceful with very little utencils and also needed a good clean.We were far away from reception,there was no phone or nothing or no one to tell us about the area,The staff were not a bit helpful.When i made my complaint to the manager tony on 2 occassions he had absolutely no interest and was very obnoxious. He or the staff just did not want to know.Cala Dor is absolutely. great, so thats why we decided to stay.We scrubbed the apartment ourselves,thats something we should have to do.If this was a superior room o.m.g , i had asked to see one of their standard rooms but they refused. I would advise anyone travelling to cala dor not to venture anywhere near this really filthy accomadation.

5 Thank gerrodublin

Travellers are raving about these Cala d'Or hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Due to delayed plane we did not arrive until late at night, several hours after check in time. Lucky for us the helpful staff in the resepcion was actually waiting for us, they even helped us with our luggage all the way to our appartment! The appartments in the "old" part (not spuperior) has good space and aircondition, but its old and tear down some places if you are picky about such. Wifi was only possible in the resepcion area for non-superior apartments. Friendly and helpful staff, close to the Cala Ferrera beach, quiet and relaxing atmosfere, close supermarkeds and resturants made this a very good stay!

Room Tip: I think the "superior" rooms has the best standard.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

This was our 3rd time of staying at the Ferrera Beach Apartments. We had usually stayed for 4-5 nights in late season, but decided to give it a try for a little longer in June. The apartments are very clean, very well equipped and finished to a modern style, with laminate flooring throughout and a large flat screen TV in the lounge area. We always book a 1 bed superior room, which would sleep 4 persons as the sofas convert to beds also. The kitchen is nicely laid out and also well equipped with microwave, hob, fridge, extractor, under cabinet lighting and a good selection of crockery, cutlery and utensils. The fridge has an ice box in the top which does actually make ice in a few hours!
The reception staff are helpful and friendly. We requested a late check out of our room as our flight home was not until 11pm and the usual check out time is 11am. The reception staff booked this for us for just a few euros.
Room cleaning & towel change is every other day. The balcony is big enough for 4 to sit on. The A/C in the apartment is excellent ( freezing cold). Wardrobe space is adequate, with a programmable electronic safe inside (no charge).
Overall, the complex is very well maintained & good value for money. I cannot comment on the food as we always go self catering and eat at other places.
The only negative I can see is if you have walking difficulties as the way to the beach is via a steep hill or steps.
Ferrera Beach Apartments are great value for money holiday & we will be returning shortly.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1969paul
Essex, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here for a week after I searched for about a month for the right place to stay! We flew with Ryanair and booked our self catering apartment directly with the hotel, they also booked a private transfer for us with a car seat for our 2 and a half year old. Communication with the hotel prior to our trip was fantastic - they were quick to respond and very concise.

My criteria when booking was a small complex, clean and close to the beach. Ferrera Beach met that criteria perfectly. Our room was small and basic but perfect. The children's pool was a great size and depth for our little boy and there were plenty of shops around to stock up on essentials for the apartment and family friendly restaurants nearby. The hotel/restaurant adjacent to Ferrera Beach's reception had a small climbing frame/slide which was perfect. We could sit and have dinner then have a drink right next to the play apparatus while our son played happily with other children just a metre away.

The staff at Ferrera Beach were brilliant. So friendly and helpful. I can't comment on the food as we didn't actually eat in their restaurant or take part in their activities but ultimately we had a fab family holiday. Thanks to Tess in particular, so helpful and kind. I'd definitely recommend the place for a reasonably priced holiday for young families, but then, it's what you make it right?!

Room Tip: I emailed in advance asking about internet access - we were given a choice of room and told that blo...
1 Thank LACrossman
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

So I went on my first all exclusive holiday with my 4 year old! We actually went on here to cheak hotel and food, every review was brilliant so we booked, the actual hotel is great entertainment is just ok! The food was terrible no flavour wat so ever plus you had to buy the bottled water! I paid a good amount for this hoilday so it wasn't cheap! Ice cream and lollies were bad to seemed to me they kept all the cheap stuff for us! You couldn't get any chicken only ever pork hardly ever any steak and wen you did it was the cheap 2min fry steak! Also I would advise people on here to cheak page 20 odd on the reviews as thats where the bad reviews seem to be!!!!!! I will never go back here again advise anyone to go here either!!!!

2 Thank Emma W