My friend and I went there on the 23-30 April 2014
Nothing was said about the steps. We had to negotiate 600 steps daily to get to the restaurant.
The food at the hotel was so abysmal that we often ate in Cala D'or.
The apartment was impressive. We had been there for 3 days when I had an accident in the shower. I was closing the glass panel on the shower and the shower door came off in my hand. I couldn't move,I had my back to the wall gripping the shower screen. My friend heard the commotion and when she grabbed the door frame the glass panel just disintegrated, which left her holding the two metal sides. The glass shattered into tiny fragments. If the panel hadn’t been made of safety glass I believe the accident would have been fatal for me. Both of us had cuts to our body. I had 3 toes which were cut and cuts to my breast too. There were tiny pieces of glass everywhere on the shower and bathroom floor.
My friend checked the shower fitment and noticed that there was a runner missing on the top of the shower door, which helped it to slide. The apartment should have been checked before we were allocated it
We couldn’t ring reception as we couldn’t find a number. We did manage to call the transfer company which picked us up at the airport, and explained the situation and asked the person who she spoke with to ring reception for us and tell them that we had a problem.
We were visited by a man from reception who seemed quite non plussed about what had happened but did suggest he call a doctor. ( which at first he expected us to pay for, of course we refused! ) When the doctor arrived he requested that we should go to the medical centre where he would check us both out. Ferrera beach organised a taxi to take us there, it was in Cala D’or. At the medical centre we had our feet cleaned up and bandaged.
Both,my friend, and myself were really shaken up and the experience really spoilt the remainder of our holiday for us. We couldn’t get back home quick enough. The shower door wasn't replaced and we had to clean up the water on the floor each day.
We wanted entertainment at night, the read up said there was night life there..
It was in the pool bar, a tiny place. The entertainment consisted of Bingo, Football, Karaoke. The TV in the apartment was Spanish too.
The holiday was a nightmare.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ferrera Beach is an Apartment complex located in southeast Mallorca, next to Cala Ferrera beach, in Cala d’Or. Being modern, functional and eco-friendly in its design, the complex blends in harmoniously with the natural beauty of the area ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Ferrera Beach Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ferrera Beach Apartments Hotel Cala d`Or
- Ferrera Beach Apartments Cala D'Or, Majorca