“Paul”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aquarius

Aquarius
Ranked #28 of 155 Restaurants in Cala d'Or
Good for: View, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
newcastle upon tyne
“Paul”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Another fantastic meal in, what is my opinion the best restaurant in cala d'or.
The food is superb, the service is fantastic.
Need I say more.

• Polish first
birmingham
“A little over rated I fear......”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

If you are considering going to Aquarius, make sure you have plenty of time on your hands.

Now before we start let's get things in perspective. For all of those who say this restaurant is fantastic, I think this is a little over the top. To those who say it is poor or awful, I think this is over the top too.

This restaurant is ok, not great, not poor but ok.

We ate on the marina three times (La Scala, Noa and here) and this was the poorest of the three BUT it was up against two fine eateries.

The ratings on Trip Adviser clearly have had an impact on the traffic at this restaurant and I believe it's rating is, I am sorry to say, a little higher than it should be.

We waited for the best part of 20 minutes after having been served a drink for our order to be taken and this was only because my other half has a devilish evil eye!

I had the fish soup. This was nicely presented but a tad disappointing. The broth was a little insipid for my taste and there was a distinct lack of fish. The other starter was garlic mushrooms that turned out to be a mushroom and bacon mix which looked delicious and didn't disappoint (how often are simple dishes the best?).

We then endured another 15 minute plus wait for the main courses. I felt particularly sorry for a couple in the corner of the restaurant who had to endure all around them being served whilst being roundly ignored - never quite got to the bottom of why that was - it will remain one of life's little unsolved mysteries.

The mains finally arrived. I had the steak and as steaks go it was ok, but only ok. The sauce was an interesting combination of flavours and I suggest that they try again with it, because it does not go well with steak. The other dish was a fish kebab which was reported to be again "OK".

The vegetables were passable but all in all, one gets the distinct impression of a venue going through the motions. What does one expect on holiday I hear you say. That may be true and fair comment but with a little more effort I am convinced this restaurant could be outstanding - so frustrating.

Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Average Food”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Lovely setting but the food did not match up sadly. Had the salt cooked fish which the waitress fillets at your table- nice touch but the fish and accompanying potatoes and veg were pretty bland. The calamari was terrible, some of the worst I've had. I would not eat here again.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank bgnics
Manchester
“Great food in a great location”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We are regular visitors to Cala d'Or and the marina is well worth a visit at night for dinner. We have tried many of the restaurants and always return to Acuarius. The staff are always friendly and welcoming. A couple of tips - ask what the fresh fish of the day is and try and book in advance to get a good choice of table on the front line close to the marina. Not always possible but worth a try. Looking forward to our next trip back.

• Visited August 2014
Loughborough
“A Fabulous Meal”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We visit Cala D'or every year, and have eaten in many of the marina's restaurant's,but we had visted here before. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and booked a couple of days before to ensure we got a table on the front with stunning veiws of the marina. The meal itself was fab from the starter to the dessert, with the maincourse of sea bass topping the 3. The staff were really attentive and it was not overly expensive. We will certainly be visiting this restraunt again.

• Visited August 2014