We (myself, wife & 2 teenage daughters) stayed at the Playa Ferrera Apartments 26 July - 2 August 2012 on a package put together by Purple Travel (Hays Travel). When we arrived we were told they were over booked. However they put us up (bed & breakfast) in the Barcelo Hotel in rooms looking onto the beach for the first night.
For the rest of the holiday we stayed in Apartment A15. This was clean but slightly 'dated'. The Apartment had a 2 ring hob and toaster plus pans and a frying pan as well as the usual crockery; the only possible negative was that there was only one large pan which made cooking for four adults a little tricky. There was a standard sized fridge which seemed less than 12 months old, however after a couple of days the top hinge came away. When reported this was fixed within a couple of hours. It might be worthwhile contacting the apartments to see if you can be put in an apartment with better catering equipment if you intend to do more cooking.
The bedroom had a large wardrobe with plenty of hangers plus draw space. The one negative was that the beds were pretty cheap foam onto a board base which was not at all comfortable. We were only there a week and there was no change of bedding.
The bathroom was ok although the toilet ceased working on the final day, but was fixed within a couple of hours. Towels were provided and changed after 3 days.
The Apartments have a number of pools but we never used these as there are 2 beaches within 5 minutes - the bigger Playa Ferrera and the fantastic smaller and uncommercialised Playa Ferrera.
Probably the biggest issue was with the URBIS Transfer - we were last to be dropped of and first to be collected so an hours transfer took two and a half hours
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Apartments are on the south east coast of the island of Majorca (district of Felanitx) just a few metres from Cala Ferera beach and a short walk from the tourist and commercial centre of Cala d'Or. They also have the advantage of being close to several other natural beaches such as Cala Serena, Cala Sa Nau, Cala d'Or, Cala Esmeralda, Cala Mondragó, s'Amarador, etc. The complex, which is extremely well-situated, is made up of different buildings with 1, 2 or 3 bedroomed apartments, set amid garden areas with large swimming pools for adults and children alike. We offer you the following services: Reception open from 8,00am to 4,00am, Bar Restaurant, Supermarket, Medical Care (24h), Car, motorcycle and Bicycle Hire, Diving Centre, area with sun terraces and several swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playa Ferrera Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Ferrera Hotel Cala Ferrera
- Playa Ferrera Cala
- Playa Ferrera Apartments Majorca/Cala Ferrera