Cala Ferrera has two main calas (inlets) with small (busy) beaches on them that are really beautiful. We went in mid September, and although there were very few kids of school-going age there, the place was still quite busy with lots of very young families and 'retirees'.. The main street of Cala Ferrera has lots of restaurants offering very similar fare. The stand out ones for us were El Patio (steakhouse) and Mestral (local food, pizza/pasta). A short walk away is Cala Serena and it has a very nice restaraunt nearby called Ficus - does great paella and has excellent service.
We stayed in self-catering apartments run by Travel2Calador group. Ours were called Ferrera Vista and very reasonably priced, but.. you get what you pay for... The bed rooms were well sized but lacked some essentials like bed-side lights, and the kitchen area was quite basic. We needed to request some cups and glasses as we had a party of 7 people (4 adults, 3 young kids) in our group, and only 4 of each in apartment! A microwave would have been a useful addition, but having said that the place had a washing machine which was used while we stayed. It also had aircon which was helpful too. We were given just one apartment key, and despite efforts in requesting another, we had to make do with just one between us while we were there.
The Ferrera Vista is serviced by the reception at Playa Ferrera. Upon arrival we received very little orientation (or even a friendly welcome!), and only by chance after several days there we discovered that we had access to a nice toddler-friendly pool and play area!
Overall I would say it was value for money, but if you stay there, do not set your expectations too high.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Apartments are on the south east coast of the island of Majorca (district of Felanitx) just a few metres from Cala Ferera beach and a short walk from the tourist and commercial centre of Cala d'Or. They also have the advantage of being close to several other natural beaches such as Cala Serena, Cala Sa Nau, Cala d'Or, Cala Esmeralda, Cala Mondragó, s'Amarador, etc. The complex, which is extremely well-situated, is made up of different buildings with 1, 2 or 3 bedroomed apartments, set amid garden areas with large swimming pools for adults and children alike. We offer you the following services: Reception open from 8,00am to 4,00am, Bar Restaurant, Supermarket, Medical Care (24h), Car, motorcycle and Bicycle Hire, Diving Centre, area with sun terraces and several swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Onthebeach, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playa Ferrera Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Ferrera Hotel Cala Ferrera
- Playa Ferrera Cala
- Playa Ferrera Apartments Majorca/Cala Ferrera