“Overprized little hotel”
Review of Hostal Marblau

Hostal Marblau
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Cala Figuera
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Every mroning we were woken up by the construction works inside the hotel and also by the roomkeeping service. They were desperately knocking on our door and asking loudly to come inside for cleaning, Fortunately me and my boy-friend are both slim persons so that we wouldn´t have any trouble in the tiny room and also in the extremely tiny shower. You don´t really have space for your luggage. Besides we didn´t even have a little table for preparing our breakfast we were having in the hotelroom in self-service. The room was not soundproof, so that you could hear everything your neighbour did:o). The Spar-Supermarket belonging to the hotel was overprized.After the first friendly welcome the service was raher rude if you had questions. The only positive things we remember are the quite comfortable matrasses and the presents of the hotel (bottel of red wine, water and "fleur du sel ").

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FranziTa_13

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I am really pleased I stayed here! The manager is incredibly friendly and will look after you throughout your stay. The location is fantastic, quiet and peaceful but only a short walk from the harbour and there is a supermarket downstairs - great for breakfast as it sells fresh pastries which entice you in the morning or if you want a cold beer on the balcony. The rooms have a coffee machine which is a real bonus, plates and cutlery for breakfast and a microwave. The beds and furniture are good quality and there is satellite television and A/C. A bottle of water and wine are in the room on arrival which is a lovely touch, especially after a long flight. There is no beach in Cala Figuera, but this means it is less of a tourist spot. In just 30 minutes, you can walk either way along the coast for fantastic beaches which are lovely for swimming. I will definitely come back here! There is limited public transport, but Resorthoppa drop off here and there is a car hire office about a minute's walk away and a bike hire office a few streets away.

Room Tip: I had a double room which had a good sized balcony and plenty of space!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JoeCoventry2014
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I ead traveling around an island and one of the stops was in Cala Figuera. I stayed in MarBlau and was more than happy. I got all I needed - bed, wc, car parking in street, quite neighbors and even free bottle of red wine :)

Staff was very kind and helpfull. As a low cost hotel - i give 5 out of 5.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lukas L
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

We chose to stay at the Marblau after reading glowing reviews. We had room 208 which was a good size with twin beds, a small shower room and a minute balcony which had the air conditioning unit taking up half of the already small balcony. The cooking facilities were basic with a kettle, microwave, fridge and several pieces of assorted cutlery and crockery. We only really had breakfast in the room but had to ask for bowls and spoons which were brought within a few minutes. The room was dark as the only window was the door to the balcony(although this kept it cool). The door to the balcony was very narrow - 43cm wide. The room was cleaned daily and the towels were changed on request. Cala Figurera is very scenic along the inlet although the restaurants are very similar in their menus. The areas to the rear of the Marblau are not so nice with lots of closed down hotels, apartments, restaurants and unfinished buildings. Overall good value rooms in a nice location.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank John G
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I'm writing this in English for all the tourists who choose to come to our lovely country.

We stayed in the top floor apartment (no lift and very narrow stairs) and we were both a bit disappointed by the size. We had expected it to be larger, especially for the price. The setup is fine but not really comfortable seeing that you have to move the table just to get out the door.
The bed was HORRIBLE. I woke up with backaches every morning. Also the cleaning ladies don't change the sheets. We stayed for a week, went to the beach every day and it really would have been nice to have the sheets changed once.
The website claims that the kitchen comes fully equipped and it does come with everything you'd need to cook... but not to clean up! No dish soap, no sponge.... not a paper towel in sight. No worries though, the hotel owns a store on the main floor that sells off brand dish soap at 2 times the normal price. Before you even mention the clearly marked up ridiculous prices the staff will assure you that all groceries are expensive on the island... nice try but we didn't fall for that. There is an Eroski less than 10 minutes away with normal prices. It really makes me sick when people try to take advantage of tourists!! By the way, we left some soap and a sponge for the next guests, you're welcome.
The water from all taps is SALT WATER, which we found out the hard way by foolishly brewing a pot of coffee. I've stayed in Mallorca several times and I am very aware of the water issues, which is why I don't drink it straight from the tap, BUT this was just unacceptable. I had to use bottled water for everything, even to brush my teeth. We never felt clean after showering with salt water. This wouldn't have bothered me so much had the staff advised us ahead of time. One day we had no water, the staff did not notify us, after we went to complain the water came back on... but BROWN!!
I guess the thing that made my stay here bad was the dishonesty and lack of commincation of the staff. Be real and stop taking advantage of people who don't speak Spanish or who aren't familiar with Spain. Afterall, it is thanks to them that you have a job.

• Stayed: July 2013
9  Thank rmarie1
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The four bed flat is on the third floor with narrow stairs up. Once climbed you have a small living room/kitchen that is not fully equipped but was ok for us, plus two bedrooms and a terrace that is bigger than the apartment with beautiful views of Cala Figuera and the sea. Plastic chairs and sunbeds. Everything nice and clean. Convenient with the shop down stairs, easy walking around the beautiful village that does not have any real hordes of us touristes since there is no beach - you can dive from the cliffs. Good hiking in the vicinity. Good price - would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Pia J
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Firstly the town. Cala Figuera is a gorgeous little fishing port with lots of cracking pubs and great snorkling/swimming potential. I could happily waste a week or so here just swimming and chilling, without any hassle from the heavy drinking loud mouthed Brits and Germans.

The accomodation is great. It isn't exceptionally plush or fancy and maybe not the place you'd take to impress your other half on a first trip away, but it is exceptionally clean, it is really comfortable, it is great value for money, just a stone's throw from the water. The rooms have kettles and fridges. Our's had air com and a fan. The staff are very friendly and obliging. I have no hesitation in recommending.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Blau Privilege PortoPetro Beach Resort & Spa
Lorenzo Villa
Lorenzo Villa
#4 of 6 in Cala Figuera

Been to Hostal Marblau? Share your experiences!