I'll try and keep my review relatively brief but I know the hotel management read this, so I'll start with the negative or constructive criticism:
I wasn't happy before the holiday to be told I have to pay €21 a night to have a room close to restaurant, pool etc. for a room of same standard. As a returning customer I didn't feel valued. But I kicked up a fuss and when I got there they granted my request. I deleted my previous review on this matter, but felt I had to write a negative one on here to get a response.
I asked a bar man for an Ipanema cocktail (ginger Ale and lemon) and he gave me lemonade and coke. (Which w the same colour) When I told him it was wrong and I don't like coke he looked at menu realised he was wrong, and had a tantrum.
Could do with a clock in reception.
Maybe an a la carte restaurant.
I realise I'm scraping the barrel with negatives because there aren't many. It's a lovely family resort in a tranquil location. There's no need to go to cala dor as the shops on resort sell same stuff at roughly same price.
There's a lot of great touches like a jazz band and canapés as you walk in to dinner, staff with trays of fruit, cocktails and ice cream randomly walking passed your sunbed by pool.
Restaurant food is buffet but very high quality, there is a quieter restaurant which is also buffet. Can't fault either, other that they didn't do sushi this year, that was so nice last year.
This resort is great for children. The kids clubs, mascots, evening shows, pools etc. are excellent.
I would also like to mention how friendly and helpful the staff in all departments are. Apart from that one moment with the bar man, that was probably just having a bad day as we all do from time to time. They all made our holiday and its just a shame we have to come home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Congratulations, you have just found the Official Friendship Creator for your children: the hotel IBEROSTAR Club Cala Barca. They will play and make inseparable friends here during their stay. And best of all? You will enjoy some free time while they have amazing experiences. Discover more reasons to choose our family hotel, just one minute’s walk from the beach and designed totally with children in mind. Fun for your children. Whatever their age, they will have a great time in the Miniclub, Maxiclub and Teenclub. Painting workshops, water games, handicrafts, minidisco…. They’re guaranteed to make friends! There are also dozens of shows for the whole family to enjoy, like musicals, magic shows and live music. The most comprehensive All Inclusive. This family hotel is so big and has so many facilities and restaurants that you’ll feel like you are in a small summer holiday village. Can you smell it? There is Mexican, Italian, Spanish and international cuisine. There are even food trucks and ice cream stands! And, of course, Mallorca’s most typical dishes. A thousand and one sports. At this All Inclusive hotel, you can take tennis and diving classes. You can also take part in dozens of other sporting activities such as hiking, Pilates, swimming, Zumba and archery. Holidays are the best time to do what you enjoy most! Ready, steady…, dive in! We have 8 swimming pools for all ages and a fun pool in which youngsters can enjoy a world of adventures. They can invade the castle, hide in the tunnels, slide down the water chutes or drench themselves under the big waterfall. Take a break. Try a massage with aromatherapy oils containing natural plant extracts in the SPA Sensations or enjoy a dip in the whirlpool bath with your partner while your children enjoy their activities. Just what you need! Idyllic beaches. Not only are you right on the sea front in Porto Petro, but you can also find other coves nearby in the Mondrago Natural Park. The green of the pine groves contrasting with the turquoise sea and the golden sands are sure to amaze you. Pure nature. There’s no better place than the Mondrago Natural Park to pack your rucksack and go on an excursion with your children. The kids will have the time of their lives watching the birds or seeing the waves crash against the cliffs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Booking.com, Iberostar, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your IBEROSTAR Club Cala Barca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Club Cala Barca Hotel Cala Mondrago
- Iberostar Cala Barca
- Iberostar Cala Mondrago
- Club Cala Barca
- IBEROSTAR Club Cala Barca Majorca/Cala Mondrago