We have recently returned from a two week break and we loved it. We had read so many of the reviews and were anxious but listen there are always people who want to moan about everything. I'm not saying everything was perfect it can do with a few tweaks but for what you pay you cannot complain.
The food was always hot, lovely and a good choice to choose from. Ok at the end if the second week I was slightly tired of it but you have to remember they are catering for lots of tastes and so they offer meals you would expect in the medditerain countries. If you don't like it and want English food stay in England! They do their best! We always found things to eat and so did my two fussy children! There is always pizza and chips if you want!
The staff work solidly from morning to night to keep the place clean and tidy, our room was always clean and so was the dining room. People could help by putting their empty glasses in the bin to help prevent wasps around the sunbeds.
We always managed to get a sunbed and didn't que at daft times, they could do with a few more parasols as that is what everyone ques for! But don't be put off by this as there are loads of places to laze about if you can't get beside the pool.
The main beach is lovely and the mini bus will keep returning if there are people waiting to go or return. The town is ok and can be walked to in about 20 minutes. There are limited shops and lots of English bars but nothing traditional about it. A trip on the land trains good but not cheap! 15 euros for a family of four but you can get off and back on again later, a taxi however costs 5 euros but to be honest we used the mini bus as it was just as good!
Finally the entertainment team were fabulous, my children loved going to the kids club and taking part in the activities, especially when they won a certificate and went up onstage! They work all day and return for the evening entertainment my children loved the mini disco, they are still singing the songs now a week on! They are really missing it. I felt comfortable knowing that the animation team took great care of the whilst they where in the club and I could relax for a while.
There are a few issues, I did say it wasn't perfect! They need more lifts! Climbing up to the6 floor with a sleeping 4 year old is not fun, and I lost count with how many times one of them wasn't working! it doesn't help with lazy people using it for the lower floors instead of walking and the older kids pressing buttons so it stops at every floor!
The bunk beds need replacing, we moved the top mattress on the floor as I didn't feel happy with them sleeping on the top bunk as it was very wobbly and the tv was suspended halfway along the bunk with hardly any space between the bed and tv.
Finally it is a great hotel for young families but in the evening it was not geared up for those over 12 and they would just run about bored! They could do with running a disco in one of the empty areas not used in the summer months.
Anyway a great hotel for the money you pay, go with an open mind and you won't be disappointed! We are looking at booking again so it can't be that bad!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IN GENERAL: The 3* hotel HSM Canarios Park is especially focused on families, offering all kind of facilities and services to make the holidays unforgettable for both parents and children. All inclusive board, spacious areas to practice different sports and our fantastic entertainment team guarantee good fun. The hotel is open from May to October. LOCATION: The hotel HSM Canarios Park is situated in Calas de Mallorca, a small resort in the south east part of the island, 70 km away from Palma de Mallorca and 60 km from the airport. The area is known thanks to the tourism, which began in the 60s and nowadays offers a wide range of hotels, shops, bars and restaurants. The resort has 3 charming beaches: Cala Antena (the closest one, 400 m away), which is distinguished by the verticality of its coast. The other 2 beaches: Domingos Gran and Domingos Petit, are located 400 m away from the village centre and 1,5 km away from the hotel (there is a free transport service to the beach Domingos Gran). In the proximity there is Porto Cristo (15 km away), a lovely village with its famous Caves of Drach. Nearby there are many beautiful caves with spectacular views, as well as small and authentic fishing villages which complement the advantages of this hardly known area, but over the years has become more and more appreciated and chosen by tourists. ROOMS: The hotel offers double and single rooms with a cozy and up-to-date decoration. All of the rooms include a bathroom, ceiling fan, safety deposit box (extra charge), telephone, WIFI (extra charge), satellite TV and balcony! Single rooms have a shower. There are some rooms that can allocate families with 2 children (on request). GASTRONOMY: The hotel offers an all inclusive food and beverage package. The extensive buffet includes a wide selection of cold and hot dishes, as well as a big variety of desserts and fruit. The restaurant also offers some dishes prepared instantly in show cooking. The all inclusive meal package includes (besides 3 main meals) snacks between meals and an assortment of different beverages! (Beverages, hot drinks, alcohol) and ice cream throughout the whole day! FACILITIES: The hotel boasts of spacious terraces with 2 swimming pools for adults, and another one for children. The pools are surrounded by sunbeds and sunshades. Bar service is offered at both pools. Inside of the facilities there are large, cozy common areas, a game room, video arcades and an indoor bar. CHILDREN: Children enjoy their stay in HSM Canarios Park, as the hotel was designed with children in mind! They can play at the swimming pool, playground or mini golf area (accompanied by the hotel entertainers). Our funny mascot we call Sami joins the children in different games and activities. Baby cots and high chairs are also available in the restaurant, at no extra cost. ADDITIONAL SERVICES: 24/7 reception. WIFI in common areas (no extra charge), WIFI in hotel rooms (extra charge), Internet corner (extra charge). Rent a car. We accept both Visa and MasterCard credit cards. SPORT AND ENTERTAINMENT: Daytime and evening entertainment, shows or live music various times per week. Mini club for children. Various sports courts to practice tennis, football, volleyball, French bowls, squash, etc. Billiards (extra charge), table tennis and mini golf in the complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Onthebeach, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your HSM Canarios Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hsm Canarios Park Hotel Calas De Majorca
- HSM Canarios Park Majorca/Calas De Majorca