My wife and I have just returned from a 10 night stay(5th-15th Aug) with our two girls (5 & 8 yrs) and overall were very pleased with the Canarios, my review is based on its 3 star rating. Yes the hotel is in need of some updating but is kept clean and after speaking with other guests it does seem we were fortunate to have one of the larger rooms overlooking the small beach/bay which had a seperate small bedroom and much larger balcony than most. The room was cleaned and tidied daily and towels are changed if you leave them on the floor so no complaints. The restaurant is buffet style and does get busy but we never had a problem getting a table and the table clearers will soon clean a table for you to sit at if asked...they were very efficient but you cant expect them to have a big smile on their face it's not exactly a fun job to do. Food quality was of a good standard and plentiful, we never had a problem with it being cold but always found a table before choosing our food...strangley some guests chose to fill their plates before finding a table??
The pool areas are very busy and the usual 'towel on beds' can be annoying but at least the hotel enforces a no towel before 8.30am so its a reasonable time to allow everyone a fair chance..I went down at 8.45 most days and always got a couple of beds even if it meant seeking them out.
The animation team work hard all day with activaties around the sports pool and with tennis, table tennis, mini-golf, french bowls (20 euro deposit for equipment returned) and a kids club (they only went for a hour or so twice) there's plenty to do. The small beach is less than 10 minute walk if you take the small path leading from the kids play area but not suitable for buggys or people with walking problems as the steps are steep and uneven, the shuttle to the main beach does only seat 8 people but will return back and forwards if people are waiting so no real problem but a bigger bus would be a bonus.
The evening entertainment is not particularly good but the animation team are definately working to a tight budget and put on a show,the kids seem to enjoy it! The town is a 20 minute walk or 5 euro taxi, we walked in most evenings and taxi back which was enjoyable with the funfair for kids and a walk around the bars/shops.
This was the first time we have been to a 3 star all inclusive and it was with some trepidation that we booked but compared to previous higher rated all inclusives in Spain we were very pleased with this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IN GENERAL: The 3* hotel HSM Canarios Park is especially focused on families, offering all kind of facilities and services to make the holidays unforgettable for both parents and children. All inclusive board, spacious areas to practice different sports and our fantastic entertainment team guarantee good fun. The hotel is open from May to October. LOCATION: The hotel HSM Canarios Park is situated in Calas de Mallorca, a small resort in the south east part of the island, 70 km away from Palma de Mallorca and 60 km from the airport. The area is known thanks to the tourism, which began in the 60s and nowadays offers a wide range of hotels, shops, bars and restaurants. The resort has 3 charming beaches: Cala Antena (the closest one, 400 m away), which is distinguished by the verticality of its coast. The other 2 beaches: Domingos Gran and Domingos Petit, are located 400 m away from the village centre and 1,5 km away from the hotel (there is a free transport service to the beach Domingos Gran). In the proximity there is Porto Cristo (15 km away), a lovely village with its famous Caves of Drach. Nearby there are many beautiful caves with spectacular views, as well as small and authentic fishing villages which complement the advantages of this hardly known area, but over the years has become more and more appreciated and chosen by tourists. ROOMS: The hotel offers double and single rooms with a cozy and up-to-date decoration. All of the rooms include a bathroom, ceiling fan, safety deposit box (extra charge), telephone, WIFI (extra charge), satellite TV and balcony! Single rooms have a shower. There are some rooms that can allocate families with 2 children (on request). GASTRONOMY: The hotel offers an all inclusive food and beverage package. The extensive buffet includes a wide selection of cold and hot dishes, as well as a big variety of desserts and fruit. The restaurant also offers some dishes prepared instantly in show cooking. The all inclusive meal package includes (besides 3 main meals) snacks between meals and an assortment of different beverages! (Beverages, hot drinks, alcohol) and ice cream throughout the whole day! FACILITIES: The hotel boasts of spacious terraces with 2 swimming pools for adults, and another one for children. The pools are surrounded by sunbeds and sunshades. Bar service is offered at both pools. Inside of the facilities there are large, cozy common areas, a game room, video arcades and an indoor bar. CHILDREN: Children enjoy their stay in HSM Canarios Park, as the hotel was designed with children in mind! They can play at the swimming pool, playground or mini golf area (accompanied by the hotel entertainers). Our funny mascot we call Sami joins the children in different games and activities. Baby cots and high chairs are also available in the restaurant, at no extra cost. ADDITIONAL SERVICES: 24/7 reception. WIFI in common areas (no extra charge), WIFI in hotel rooms (extra charge), Internet corner (extra charge). Rent a car. We accept both Visa and MasterCard credit cards. SPORT AND ENTERTAINMENT: Daytime and evening entertainment, shows or live music various times per week. Mini club for children. Various sports courts to practice tennis, football, volleyball, French bowls, squash, etc. Billiards (extra charge), table tennis and mini golf in the complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your HSM Canarios Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hsm Canarios Park Hotel Calas De Majorca
- HSM Canarios Park Majorca/Calas De Majorca