HSM Canarios Park
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Globales America(Calas de Majorca)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$123
  • Pool
Club Hotel Tropicana Mallorca(Calas de Majorca)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$88
Priceline
  • Beachfront
Globales Samoa(Calas de Majorca)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$83
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Palia Maria Eugenia Hotel(Calas de Majorca)
  • Breakfast included
Sol Cala Antena(Calas de Majorca)
  • Breakfast included
HYB Eurocalas(Calas de Majorca)
  • Breakfast included
Eden Village Cala Domingos(Calas de Majorca)
  • Pool
Club Cala Romani(Calas de Majorca)
  • Breakfast included
The Sea Hotel by Gruphotel(Calas de Majorca)
2,300 results
All reviewssports poolmain beachice creamkids clubfree minibussaladpizzaevening entertainmentgreat holidaymini golfpony ridingtable tennisfishbar stafffamily hotelsoft drinkswalk into town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We are just home from a fab 10 night stay this hotel. My husband and I, our two kids (8yrs and 3yrs) our friends and their 5yr old son all had a great time here! Like many other people, we were a little worried after reading some of the bad reviews on here but have to stay we were more than happy with this hotel!
FOOD; You really would have to be really really picky if you were able to stay that you couldn't find something you liked at every meal... we go AI very year and paid a lot less for this hotel that we have done for others in the past and have to say the selection was better here that what we have had at some other hotels. They were very strict about 'no food to be taken out of restaurant' but were happy for you to fill picnic boxes with whatever you fancied (picnic boxes supplied by reception as long as requested in advance) Times for meals were great too, I've seen us miss breakfast a lot in the past due to Early start and finish times but not here..... Breakfast available up until midday!!!
SNACKS: Most AI hotels we've stayed at the snacks are available around pool area ( and the mess if left also to attract the flies etc) but not here, basically, whenever main meal times finished, part of the restaurant became the snack area and like meal times all food had to remain in there... I wont bother listing what was available as lots of other reviewers have already done that for you but will mention how thrilled my kids were when they realised that pots of sweeties were available with evening snacks some nights!! Pots of ice cream available in freezers at both large pools but Mr Whippy ice cream machine also an option at the main pool bar... Grab and cone and make your own, the kids loved it and different flavours every day!!!
DRINKS: The 'help yourself slush puppies' went down very well with our kids and have to admit us adults enjoyed them too! All soft drinks were available on a 'help yourself basis' which was Handy. The wine and beer was available in the restaurant for you to enjoy with you dinner but once outside you had to be served this ... Great measures, some lovely cocktails and only strict on the 2 drinks per customer after 9pm. My only moan about the drinks would have been about the pool bar... basically the pool bars open at 10.30am and 11am but before these times every the drinking water taps were turned off!! I understand the juices and slush puppies and alcohol etc having limited times but thought switching off the water tap was abit tight!! We were at the pool some mornings with the kids by 9am so had to wait 2hrs to get a drink... Tip : fill your water bottles from the machines in the breakfast hall to tide you over til the drinks are available!
hot chocolate , hot milk and tea and coffee also available
POOLS: There are three pools, main pool is lovely , great views and very busy ( we struggled to find spare sun loungers there unless up at crack of dawn!) small baby pool which is handy as right near kids play park and kids club area and third pool ( we preferred this one) is directly across from hotel , small kids part and then larger swimming area where entertainment team did a lot of the games. Pools were cleaned regularly and have to say we didn't experience any aggravation from wasps and things that were being complained about in other reviews, in fact we hardly saw any insects the entire stay!
ROOM: Our room was on the first floor (132) overlooked main pool and had lovely views and sun on balcony all day long, it was comfortable and clean and that's all we were bothered about! maid came in every day with clean towels and made beds etc. We left money and jewellery and iPad etc in room and nothing was every touched.
LOCATION: Transfer time for us was 2hrs!!! Nightmare with young kids!! Hotel has one little shop inside then nothing immediately outside until walk into town (15-20min walk) We bought few snacks and little toys in shop in hotel then walked to town and found everything was less than half the price we had just paid for it !! Some great little shops and bars in the town.... Was enough for us on a family holiday but wouldn't revisit this area if travelling without children and wanting a lively holiday.
ENTERTAINMENT : The entertainment team at this hotel really do work hard! Both the adults and children's daytime games result in certificates and medals on stage that evening (very funny ) Our kids loved the mini disco on an evening ( as they do every year and not surprising it was a lot of the same songs that we heard in kids club on holiday last year and the year before that but who cares.. The kids loved it) the adult entertainment was varied, some nights the hotels entertainment team put on different shows and other nights professional acts were brought in, obviously some were better than others but over all we had a laugh and enjoyed it. f it was something we fancied, we would have a walk into town for few hours and get taxi back (taxi 4-5euros)
Kids club was great with structured plan of action for the week and kids had to be signed in and out , my daughter did tshirt making one day (7 euros) and was presented it on stage that evening along with the other kids and was thrilled! They had a bouncy castle, kids club play park, games and pool competitions.
STAFF : We found bar staff very friendly , guys in the restaurant were very busy refilling trays constantly but always very polite. Only complaint I really have about the staff would be the Reception staff on the only occasion I actually needed to speak to them... Night before we left I approached desk to ask if we could pay to keep our room until we left (7pm transfer) instead of 12.00 midday and was told by lady on desk that I would have to return at 8am as they wouldn't no until then, I set my alarm and was at the desk at 7.55am whilst my husband and kids still slept, I was then told my two guys behind desk that manager wouldn't be in until 9.30am so would have to come back then, when I told them that 'lady last night told me 8am for a decision' they just said no and nothing they could do! so I went back to my room and Returned to desk 90mins later ... Only to be told by someone else 'might have be manager??' That he will not know til 11am ?????? no use to anyone... Told him what would be point in that as would still have to pack whole room in case answer was 'no' so we would have to be out by 12 anyway, whole point in request was that at 8am would no one way or the other and could have breakfast and head to pool and enjoy last full day properly! explained third time at desk now that morning and fourth diff peron giving diff info but he wasn't bothered and just struggled shoulders at me, needless to say I didn't return at 11am, just packed room and left cases in locked luggage room down stairs !
OTHERS : Mini golf and tennis etc available at this hotel, great fun and only 20 euro deposit (retuned to you once you return the equipment). The two small lifts in this hotel aren't really enough for the size of the place, we were on first floor but all restaurant, evening entertainment, main pool etc are on basement level so two floors down and many a night my husband carried our son asleep in pram up the stairs instead of waiting for lift as it just went up and down past our floor as so busy. One thing I was pleasantly surprised at was that even after 12 checkout this hotel DO NOT take your AI wristband off you ( many hotels we have stayed in our AI ended once we handed room key back but not here !) AI available up until your transfer arrives!
It's a budget hotel , with great entertainment staff , clean rooms with trustworthy maids, nice food and plenty drinks ...

Room Tip: we were on first floor, room 132 and had great view of main pool and sun on balcony all day long ! Our friends had room facing ours , room 151 and their balcony overlooked road and was shaded all day by trees so they struggled to even dry their beach towels etc!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank KaylaB
4409, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at HSM Canarios Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comments. We are glad to know that you have had a great stay in our hotel. Our staff will be glad to read about you kind remarks and we would be happy to welcome you back in one of our 19 HSM Saint Michel hotels in Mallorca.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Before booking this hotel/holiday I read the majority of the Reviews on TA and I have to say based on my experience the vast majority of people who rated this hotel highly have very low standards!

Firstly the transfer time to and from the airport is a minimum of 2 hours and that's not including up to an hour waiting on the coach before leaving the airport as man of my fellow travelers incurred.

We boarded the bus at 21.50 on Saturday evening ( 8th June) and I spoke to a couple with a small child a the back of the bus and they had been on the us waiting for an hour, they had been waiting for our flight to arrive, which was on time! My wife and I plus on other couple were the last to board the bus and we departed at 21.55. The first drop off after 45 minutes was in a the middle of nowhere in a residential part of Santaynni and we dropped off a couple of locals to their car!!!!

Various drop off of ones and twos resulted in us getting to this hotel at 23.55 where check in was very swift and efficient and they told us that we had a couple of minutes to get a drink from the bar as it closed at midnight, we did this and went to,our room on the sixth floor, as previous comments from other reviewers the lifts are small and very slow but more of that later.

We got to the sixth floor and our room (601) was right outside the lift and when entering it was about 6.5ft square and no balcony and the ceiling fan didn't work, I went right back down to reception and told them it wasn't good enough and wanted it changed, they said nothing could be done that night and I would need to come back down first thin in the morning.

I did this at 07.30 and was told to come back at 10.00 which I did and again was told come back at 12.00 as no rooms where available yet! I went back at 12.30 and reluctantly they gave me another room (516), This was bigger and had a balcony and the ceiling fan worked but I had to move my luggage so it was a good job I only had one floor to move. The room walls are paper thin so you hear everything next door
The reception staff on the whole were ignorant and not interested at all with the exception of a young lady called Tupe and a young guy called Oscar the older lady and older guy were totally useless.

Now onto some good bits; The hotel you would have to say is very clean and we had a maid service every day and fresh towels if you wanted them i.e. leave in the bath etc.

The bar staff were very friendly and very efficient and they all had very long days so well done to then all, the drinks were of good standard albeit local equivalents to the branded drinks but that said never had a bank drink all week, branded soft drinks on tap all day and the wine in the restaurant was very palatable.

The table clearing staff in the restaurant again were very pleasant and efficient and only too happy to help.

The food however and this is where I take exception to previous reviewers comments, was awful at any standard and would never be allowed to be served in any UK food establishment purely based on the fact that it was all cold or luke warm, I wasn't expecting exciting food due to it only being 3 star and an all inclusive menu but I do expect it to be hot. The only thing that was hot was the chips! There was very limited choice for main meals the best day being chicken on the Thursday, which went like hot cakes, the soup changed colour daily but not the taste!

I stuck to French bread rolls of ham and cheese for breakfast and salads for evening meal, I didn't bother with lunch but apparently lunch was the same menu as dinner.

One thing that put me off the supposedly hot food was the amount of kids coughing and sneezing all over the food! Given it was term time there was and inordinate amount of kids there so the fine system is obviously not working and 75 % of them out of control.

The pool by the hotel bar was a reasonable and had about 8 parasols but unless you got there within a nano second of them opening up the pool area in the morning normally 08.00 you had no chance of getting one albeit sun loungers were still available for about another ten minutes

The pool over the road by the tennis courts had 6 fixed straw parasols and again you had to be very quick off the mark to get one but there where plenty of sun beds available but no shade available apart from the Parasols unless you went on the grass by some of the palm trees.

activities for both kids and adults during the day was available if you wanted to join in.

The evening entertainment was awful, first couple of hours for the Kids which was no problem and then bingo top prize of a pair of Flip Flops for a full house I kid you not!

After that we had some German maniac who no one understood introduced various sub standard local or hotel staff acts. On a night all couples of various ages where seen to be along the terrace area opposite the bar all playing cards, these where the best selling item in the in hotel shop ( i asked the lady who served in there), plus you where forced to sit outside as the inside lounges were locked and was open on the Sunday night and as some of the evenings were still a little cold most people if they didn't have fleeces brought down towels of blankets from their rooms.

The beach which was only 400-600- metres away given which brochure you read was via a very dangerous path/steps leading from the back of the hotel, there is a sign by the gate saying the hotel accepts no responsibility for accidents on this path, I'm not surprised as only a goat would be sensible enough to try!

A courtesy bus is available to take you to another beach but only seats 7 at a time so gets busy alternatively you can take the little road train at 4 euros to get into the town and or the beach.

The town is about 800 metres square and has a couple of pubs and a few shops, mini golf a carousel and not much else. so unless you go via a bus to Cala D'Or ( 60 minutes and 4 euros each way) don't expect to see much.

So in summary If you want a cheap and nasty holiday where you can get wasted for nothing and each very low standard food then go for it or if you like hot and decent food and some thing to do on an evening apart from drinking in the bar then stay well away!

Oh I forgot to touch on the lifts, they frequently go past the floor you're on due to they only respond to the first selection, so if you are on the 5th floor and the lift is on the 6th floor but someone has pressed on the 4th floor before you press yours on the 5th it goes past you to their floor and vice versa on the way up

Room Tip: Do not have rooms 101,201,301,401,501,601 as they are next to the lift
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank David B
4409, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at HSM Canarios Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We are really sorry that our hotel was not like you have expected. We will forward your comments to our department of quality to improve our service. We would be happy to be able to make you change your opinion about our hotel. Maybe you will be satisfied by trying another hotel of our 19 hotels of our hotel chain situated in Mallorca.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Back again from another 2 great weeks at canarios park, this hotel is for families so the people out there please don't go there if your looking for peace and quite. It is great for the kids with an amazing kids club, also there is plenty of great day time entertain for the adults thanks to itso,lulu,ivo and the rest of the gang,who also put together a great evening line up for the adults and kids ,the food is fresh but like others said a bit repetitive,the rooms are cleaned daily and quite spacious,

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room number 2 which had a massive balcony which if you have little one and they are tired they can sleep while you still watch the open air shows in the evenings.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Darren U

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment. We are glad to know that you have spent great 2 weeks in our hotel. Our hotel staff will be delighted to read your nice remarks as they are trying to do their best to make our clients´ holidays really special and it is always great to know the clients appreciate their hard work. We hope to see you again in Hoteles Saint Michel.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Just back from a very enjoyable holiday. It is away from the commercial centre but that was known before we went. Small cove and beach 15 minute walk away where a large beer costs €4 so only had the one. Food is of good standard and was always hot. Entertainment typically geared towards children but it is a family hotel. Animation team work hard to keep everyone occupied if that is what you want. Rooms are large in size and kept immaculately clean. Did not use the free shuttle bus down to main beach but it did run reguraly every day. Free wifi in reception area and also availble in room at an unknown cost.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank frank f
4409, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at HSM Canarios Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comments. We are glad to know that you have spent an enjoyable holiday in our hotel adn that you liked its service. We would be happy to welcome you back in one of our 19 HSM Saint Michel hotels in Mallorca.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Went to the canarios park for 1 week with a friend. The hotel is great, but must say more family orientated than a break for groups of friends.
The room are a good size with ceiling fan and a balcony.They are cleaned daily with full towel change.
The restaurant is light and airy with plenty of choices and also kept very clean.
Pool areas, the sports complex pool has more room and activities through the day, but the bar is not as good as the one at the main hotel pool.Also I don't think the staff enjoyed working that pool alone as they looked miserable most of the time.
Entertainment is limited and family based but the village is not far away (5 euros in taxi) with plenty going on there.
A trip to Porto Cristo is a must -bus outside hotel. Simply stunning

Room Tip: Rooms facing main pool area get afternoon sun
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dawn-snook

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comments. We are glad to know that you liked our hotel so much. We will inform our quality department about all your suggestions and would be happy to welcome you back in one of our 19 HSM Saint Michel hotels in Mallorca.