My friend and I visited canarios park on the 8th June 2013 for a 1 week of sunshine and relaxation.
We arrived at around 1am and checked in within minutes, very efficient! When we got to the room we found no air con but a ceiling fan which proved extremely helpful as it kept the room cool during the day. There is also the option of having a safe, we didn't use it but had absolutely not trouble with anything going missing. The room was spacious and well maintained with a balcony facing the sea, lovely views to wake up to! Basic, but what can you expect for a budget hotel!
The hotel has 2 swimming pools, both spacious, clean and the surrounding poolside has plenty of room to bathe in the sun. they have a '30 minute sunbed reservation' period so don't worry about getting up at the crack of dawn to find some. Both pools have bars beside them with a self service option for soft drinks and a manned bar for alcoholic bevvies!
Lots of people on here have moaned about the food, I must refer back to the point that this is a budget hotel!! Yes the food is basic but it is varied, hot and most importantly tasty! The timings for each meal are ideal so you have plenty of time for breakfast in the morning!
The hotel is situated within a resort, buses run daily and there is a stop literally outside the door of the hotel, we visited palma which only took just over an hour. The main night life is in the town (15 min walk) where there are kareoke/sports bars galore. The closest beach is also on the same way into the town, beautiful and with a mojito bar to cool down at. There is a land train which takes you to the larger beach which departs every 20 minutes or so.
So to conclude we had a pleasant stay at canarios park! Ideal for families on a budget but also young people such as ourselves who are looking for a bit of sun without spending too much. The all inclusive element was perfect for us as it meant we didn't have to worry about where we were going to eat. The views from the rooms were perfect (providing you are facing the sea) and the hotel staff spoke great English and were most helpful with any requests that we had during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IN GENERAL: The 3* hotel HSM Canarios Park is especially focused on families, offering all kind of facilities and services to make the holidays unforgettable for both parents and children. All inclusive board, spacious areas to practice different sports and our fantastic entertainment team guarantee good fun. The hotel is open from May to October. LOCATION: The hotel HSM Canarios Park is situated in Calas de Mallorca, a small resort in the south east part of the island, 70 km away from Palma de Mallorca and 60 km from the airport. The area is known thanks to the tourism, which began in the 60s and nowadays offers a wide range of hotels, shops, bars and restaurants. The resort has 3 charming beaches: Cala Antena (the closest one, 400 m away), which is distinguished by the verticality of its coast. The other 2 beaches: Domingos Gran and Domingos Petit, are located 400 m away from the village centre and 1,5 km away from the hotel (there is a free transport service to the beach Domingos Gran). In the proximity there is Porto Cristo (15 km away), a lovely village with its famous Caves of Drach. Nearby there are many beautiful caves with spectacular views, as well as small and authentic fishing villages which complement the advantages of this hardly known area, but over the years has become more and more appreciated and chosen by tourists. ROOMS: The hotel offers double and single rooms with a cozy and up-to-date decoration. All of the rooms include a bathroom, ceiling fan, safety deposit box (extra charge), telephone, WIFI (extra charge), satellite TV and balcony! Single rooms have a shower. There are some rooms that can allocate families with 2 children (on request). GASTRONOMY: The hotel offers an all inclusive food and beverage package. The extensive buffet includes a wide selection of cold and hot dishes, as well as a big variety of desserts and fruit. The restaurant also offers some dishes prepared instantly in show cooking. The all inclusive meal package includes (besides 3 main meals) snacks between meals and an assortment of different beverages! (Beverages, hot drinks, alcohol) and ice cream throughout the whole day! FACILITIES: The hotel boasts of spacious terraces with 2 swimming pools for adults, and another one for children. The pools are surrounded by sunbeds and sunshades. Bar service is offered at both pools. Inside of the facilities there are large, cozy common areas, a game room, video arcades and an indoor bar. CHILDREN: Children enjoy their stay in HSM Canarios Park, as the hotel was designed with children in mind! They can play at the swimming pool, playground or mini golf area (accompanied by the hotel entertainers). Our funny mascot we call Sami joins the children in different games and activities. Baby cots and high chairs are also available in the restaurant, at no extra cost. ADDITIONAL SERVICES: 24/7 reception. WIFI in common areas (no extra charge), WIFI in hotel rooms (extra charge), Internet corner (extra charge). Rent a car. We accept both Visa and MasterCard credit cards. SPORT AND ENTERTAINMENT: Daytime and evening entertainment, shows or live music various times per week. Mini club for children. Various sports courts to practice tennis, football, volleyball, French bowls, squash, etc. Billiards (extra charge), table tennis and mini golf in the complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Onthebeach, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your HSM Canarios Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hsm Canarios Park Hotel Calas De Majorca
- HSM Canarios Park Majorca/Calas De Majorca