Having just spent two weeks here for our sixth year, i can only say that some of poor reviews really gripe over things which could have been resolved had they spoken to reception whilst there.
Entertainment: the team are what makes the holiday so enjoyable. Itzo, Lulu, Ivo etc really go the extra mile in making sure you have a fun time. They provide enough activities for all family members but also don't pressurise you to participate if you don't want to. Without this team I doubt we would come back each year.
Food: the food is all inclusive standard and has a regular pasta, pizza, fish , meat dish x 2, there is always a variety of salads, a soup and plenty of baguettes and sandwich filling available. Yes chips are offered at breakfast but as breakfast is on till midday some people have an early lunch, and hey if you don't want them with breakfast ( which i don't) then just don't take them simple. The restaurant does get full in peak season but if you look around and speak to the restaurant staff they will help and clear tables. We found Steven, Jose to be really helpful. The chefs are also helpful, if an item runs out , speak to them, even a quick Hola and point is friendly, they are busy but if you speak to them like humans instead of treating them badly then you will find everyone in the hotel is friendly, chefs wise we found Gabrielle and Samuel really helpful.
Rooms: yes they are basic but clean and after all you are really only sleeping here. There is no air con but since we've been coming they have put ceiling fans in which suffice in August so i'm sure would be fine any other time of year. The maids clean daily and again are friendly if you acknowledge them.
Reception: very helpful particularly one year when my daughters tooth came out so they were great at assisting the tooth fairy to produce her letter, which would have ruined daughters holiday otherwise. There is lots of seating in reception area and you can use free WiFi here, but i think there are limited numbers as sometimes it takes a while to access.
Pools: there are 3 pools, one baby, one large on basement of hotel and one across the road, known as top pool which is where all the daytime activities are centred around. This pool is a walk in pool so is great for the little ones. People do mention wasps as being a problem and yes there are a number ( but no mosquitos so put two and two together). The situation isn't helped by stupid people spilling a drink and not clearing it away, the staff do when they see it but difficult to see all. One criticism for the hotel to take on broad is the toilets at the top pool are not very nice, please can you upgrade them?
Bars: we have found all barstaff to be friendly especially Matino. The drinks are not watered down like some hotels and also there is ice cream and slush puppies available through the day and night.
Note to hotel management: the only things which we feel you could change to make peoples stays better is: 1. stop the maids cleaning every exit out of restaurant at the same time, people like myself who have walking difficulties ( and I slipped badly two years ago) need a dry surface to walk on not a mopped one. 2. There are not enough lifts ( maybe add one to end of building?). And have someone stop the kids playing in them, this is due to parental control and you really should be stricter as per your rules! 3. The leaving towels on sunbeds situation is ridiculous as in all hotels, but you have a policy that after half an hour the towel is removed but you don't action it. It is unfair on the people who don't do the early morning run to claim a sunbed when they aren't going to be there till after lunch. 4. Improve the paid for Wifi in the higher floors.
Last note on transfers: the hotel is only 45 mins from the airport but the resort hoppas etc are waiting to fill busses up and do ridiculous amounts of drop offs so it can take up to 4 hours. If you don't book any and walk out the airport doors and to taxi rank ( which are all metered). The cost is about 70 euros each way and you go straight to hotel. alternatively you can hire a car.
The town: Calas is a purpose built tourist town so does have everything you need whilst there. The hotel operate a free bus into town/ large town beach all day long but you can either walk 25 minutes round the road or from beach near hotel straight across and up steps on other side, or get a taxi about 5 euros, which the reception will call for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IN GENERAL: The 3* hotel HSM Canarios Park is especially focused on families, offering all kind of facilities and services to make the holidays unforgettable for both parents and children. All inclusive board, spacious areas to practice different sports and our fantastic entertainment team guarantee good fun. The hotel is open from May to October. LOCATION: The hotel HSM Canarios Park is situated in Calas de Mallorca, a small resort in the south east part of the island, 70 km away from Palma de Mallorca and 60 km from the airport. The area is known thanks to the tourism, which began in the 60s and nowadays offers a wide range of hotels, shops, bars and restaurants. The resort has 3 charming beaches: Cala Antena (the closest one, 400 m away), which is distinguished by the verticality of its coast. The other 2 beaches: Domingos Gran and Domingos Petit, are located 400 m away from the village centre and 1,5 km away from the hotel (there is a free transport service to the beach Domingos Gran). In the proximity there is Porto Cristo (15 km away), a lovely village with its famous Caves of Drach. Nearby there are many beautiful caves with spectacular views, as well as small and authentic fishing villages which complement the advantages of this hardly known area, but over the years has become more and more appreciated and chosen by tourists. ROOMS: The hotel offers double and single rooms with a cozy and up-to-date decoration. All of the rooms include a bathroom, ceiling fan, safety deposit box (extra charge), telephone, WIFI (extra charge), satellite TV and balcony! Single rooms have a shower. There are some rooms that can allocate families with 2 children (on request). GASTRONOMY: The hotel offers an all inclusive food and beverage package. The extensive buffet includes a wide selection of cold and hot dishes, as well as a big variety of desserts and fruit. The restaurant also offers some dishes prepared instantly in show cooking. The all inclusive meal package includes (besides 3 main meals) snacks between meals and an assortment of different beverages! (Beverages, hot drinks, alcohol) and ice cream throughout the whole day! FACILITIES: The hotel boasts of spacious terraces with 2 swimming pools for adults, and another one for children. The pools are surrounded by sunbeds and sunshades. Bar service is offered at both pools. Inside of the facilities there are large, cozy common areas, a game room, video arcades and an indoor bar. CHILDREN: Children enjoy their stay in HSM Canarios Park, as the hotel was designed with children in mind! They can play at the swimming pool, playground or mini golf area (accompanied by the hotel entertainers). Our funny mascot we call Sami joins the children in different games and activities. Baby cots and high chairs are also available in the restaurant, at no extra cost. ADDITIONAL SERVICES: 24/7 reception. WIFI in common areas (no extra charge), WIFI in hotel rooms (extra charge), Internet corner (extra charge). Rent a car. We accept both Visa and MasterCard credit cards. SPORT AND ENTERTAINMENT: Daytime and evening entertainment, shows or live music various times per week. Mini club for children. Various sports courts to practice tennis, football, volleyball, French bowls, squash, etc. Billiards (extra charge), table tennis and mini golf in the complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your HSM Canarios Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hsm Canarios Park Hotel Calas De Majorca
- HSM Canarios Park Majorca/Calas De Majorca