When I was booking this holiday I checked the available hotels on TripAdvisor. After spending hours trawling the internet and almost losing the will to live I decided to ignore all the bad reviews and settled for the Canarios Park.
Thank goodness I did!! My husband and I have just returned from a very pleasant week there. As it was term-time there were not as many kids there as there would be in school holidays, however there were still more than we expected. There was no shortage of sunbeds but sometimes no space round the pool to put them.
We had no problem finding something decent to eat or drink. The food was always good and plentiful as were the drinks. The staff were always very helpful and pleasant.
The town was an easy 20 minute walk away and we found a small bar that gave you a free tapas for every drink you bought.
On the downside the cons of the holiday are not the fault of the hotel. The wasps were persistent but not bothersome. After a 2hour plus transfer we arrived on the stroke of midnight and we were unable to get anything to eat or drink. If I came again I would definitely pay extra for a quicker taxi transfer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IN GENERAL: The 3* hotel HSM Canarios Park is especially focused on families, offering all kind of facilities and services to make the holidays unforgettable for both parents and children. All inclusive board, spacious areas to practice different sports and our fantastic entertainment team guarantee good fun. The hotel is open from May to October. LOCATION: The hotel HSM Canarios Park is situated in Calas de Mallorca, a small resort in the south east part of the island, 70 km away from Palma de Mallorca and 60 km from the airport. The area is known thanks to the tourism, which began in the 60s and nowadays offers a wide range of hotels, shops, bars and restaurants. The resort has 3 charming beaches: Cala Antena (the closest one, 400 m away), which is distinguished by the verticality of its coast. The other 2 beaches: Domingos Gran and Domingos Petit, are located 400 m away from the village centre and 1,5 km away from the hotel (there is a free transport service to the beach Domingos Gran). In the proximity there is Porto Cristo (15 km away), a lovely village with its famous Caves of Drach. Nearby there are many beautiful caves with spectacular views, as well as small and authentic fishing villages which complement the advantages of this hardly known area, but over the years has become more and more appreciated and chosen by tourists. ROOMS: The hotel offers double and single rooms with a cozy and up-to-date decoration. All of the rooms include a bathroom, ceiling fan, safety deposit box (extra charge), telephone, WIFI (extra charge), satellite TV and balcony! Single rooms have a shower. There are some rooms that can allocate families with 2 children (on request). GASTRONOMY: The hotel offers an all inclusive food and beverage package. The extensive buffet includes a wide selection of cold and hot dishes, as well as a big variety of desserts and fruit. The restaurant also offers some dishes prepared instantly in show cooking. The all inclusive meal package includes (besides 3 main meals) snacks between meals and an assortment of different beverages! (Beverages, hot drinks, alcohol) and ice cream throughout the whole day! FACILITIES: The hotel boasts of spacious terraces with 2 swimming pools for adults, and another one for children. The pools are surrounded by sunbeds and sunshades. Bar service is offered at both pools. Inside of the facilities there are large, cozy common areas, a game room, video arcades and an indoor bar. CHILDREN: Children enjoy their stay in HSM Canarios Park, as the hotel was designed with children in mind! They can play at the swimming pool, playground or mini golf area (accompanied by the hotel entertainers). Our funny mascot we call Sami joins the children in different games and activities. Baby cots and high chairs are also available in the restaurant, at no extra cost. ADDITIONAL SERVICES: 24/7 reception. WIFI in common areas (no extra charge), WIFI in hotel rooms (extra charge), Internet corner (extra charge). Rent a car. We accept both Visa and MasterCard credit cards. SPORT AND ENTERTAINMENT: Daytime and evening entertainment, shows or live music various times per week. Mini club for children. Various sports courts to practice tennis, football, volleyball, French bowls, squash, etc. Billiards (extra charge), table tennis and mini golf in the complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Onthebeach, Booking.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your HSM Canarios Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hsm Canarios Park Hotel Calas De Majorca
- HSM Canarios Park Majorca/Calas De Majorca