Reception staff very helpful. Our allocated room was large and on the ground floor but unfortunately had a very strong smell of sewerage. Eventually managed to make the staff realise that it was this smell we were complaining about not the kitchens which are underneath in the basement but that smell was only on the balcony and wasn't an issue. They gave us keys to a room on the 6th floor which was lovely but only really meant for single occupancy. But we moved to this room so we at least was away from the awful sewer smell. In the morning we went back to reception and asked if there was a larger room available. And was given a room on the 3rd floor which was lovely apart from the beds which were not as comfortable as the beds in the previous rooms. I think they are in the process of upgrading their mattresses and this floor hasn't been done yet. After that we had a lovely week here. Food was varied and good. The hotel has a few nice little touches that previous hotels lacked, like self service ice cream machine, coffee and cold drinks and a slush puppy dispenser. We liked this as you then didn't have to wait to be served by a member of staff you just helped yourself. The hotel has two pools the nearest is the noisiest and most crowded. Across the road in their sports complex was another slightly smaller but quieter pool which seemed to be used mainly by adults. This hotel definitely caters for families but it's such a large hotel that it wasn't overcrowded. There is a free courtesy bus to the beach which was brilliant very frequent service. The bus stop was also just outside reception so if you wanted to go explore you could get a bus to just about anywhere on the island. Reception have timetables of all the buses and prices. The market on Sundays at Felanitx is well worth a visit. Costs about 3 euros on the bus or 23 euros by taxi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IN GENERAL: The 3* hotel HSM Canarios Park is especially focused on families, offering all kind of facilities and services to make the holidays unforgettable for both parents and children. All inclusive board, spacious areas to practice different sports and our fantastic entertainment team guarantee good fun. The hotel is open from May to October. LOCATION: The hotel HSM Canarios Park is situated in Calas de Mallorca, a small resort in the south east part of the island, 70 km away from Palma de Mallorca and 60 km from the airport. The area is known thanks to the tourism, which began in the 60s and nowadays offers a wide range of hotels, shops, bars and restaurants. The resort has 3 charming beaches: Cala Antena (the closest one, 400 m away), which is distinguished by the verticality of its coast. The other 2 beaches: Domingos Gran and Domingos Petit, are located 400 m away from the village centre and 1,5 km away from the hotel (there is a free transport service to the beach Domingos Gran). In the proximity there is Porto Cristo (15 km away), a lovely village with its famous Caves of Drach. Nearby there are many beautiful caves with spectacular views, as well as small and authentic fishing villages which complement the advantages of this hardly known area, but over the years has become more and more appreciated and chosen by tourists. ROOMS: The hotel offers double and single rooms with a cozy and up-to-date decoration. All of the rooms include a bathroom, ceiling fan, safety deposit box (extra charge), telephone, WIFI (extra charge), satellite TV and balcony! Single rooms have a shower. There are some rooms that can allocate families with 2 children (on request). GASTRONOMY: The hotel offers an all inclusive food and beverage package. The extensive buffet includes a wide selection of cold and hot dishes, as well as a big variety of desserts and fruit. The restaurant also offers some dishes prepared instantly in show cooking. The all inclusive meal package includes (besides 3 main meals) snacks between meals and an assortment of different beverages! (Beverages, hot drinks, alcohol) and ice cream throughout the whole day! FACILITIES: The hotel boasts of spacious terraces with 2 swimming pools for adults, and another one for children. The pools are surrounded by sunbeds and sunshades. Bar service is offered at both pools. Inside of the facilities there are large, cozy common areas, a game room, video arcades and an indoor bar. CHILDREN: Children enjoy their stay in HSM Canarios Park, as the hotel was designed with children in mind! They can play at the swimming pool, playground or mini golf area (accompanied by the hotel entertainers). Our funny mascot we call Sami joins the children in different games and activities. Baby cots and high chairs are also available in the restaurant, at no extra cost. ADDITIONAL SERVICES: 24/7 reception. WIFI in common areas (no extra charge), WIFI in hotel rooms (extra charge), Internet corner (extra charge). Rent a car. We accept both Visa and MasterCard credit cards. SPORT AND ENTERTAINMENT: Daytime and evening entertainment, shows or live music various times per week. Mini club for children. Various sports courts to practice tennis, football, volleyball, French bowls, squash, etc. Billiards (extra charge), table tennis and mini golf in the complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your HSM Canarios Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hsm Canarios Park Hotel Calas De Majorca
- HSM Canarios Park Majorca/Calas De Majorca